POLL: Who are your top 4 WCW champions of all time (pre-WWF merger)?

Who are your top 4 WCW champions of all time (pre-WWF merger)?

• Rick Flair

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Lex Luger

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Sting

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Ron Simmons

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • The Giant

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Goldberg

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Kevin Nash

• Diamond Dallas Page

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Bret Hart

• Chris Benoit

• Sid Vicious

• Jeff Jarrett

• David Arquette

• Booker T

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Vince Russo

• Scott Steiner

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Big Van Vader

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who are your top 4 WCW champions of all time (pre-WWF merger)?
iu

iu

Flair
Sting
Goldberg

Then it really falls off. Really underscores how Goldberg propped that company up like a franchise draft pick for a few years there. Between the Sting/Flair feud and Goldberg it’s all WWF retreads holding the belt, and after it’s a revolving door with nobody really standing out.

I picked Steiner, since I remember his title reign more than DDP or Booker T’s.

Flair
Sting
Goldberg

Then it really falls off. Really underscores how Goldberg propped that company up like a franchise draft pick for a few years there. Between the Sting/Flair feud and Goldberg it’s all WWF retreads holding the belt, and after it’s a revolving door with nobody really standing out.

I’d agree with this.

My memory of a lot of WCW is hazy but that’s how I see it.

Sting
Flair
Goldberg
Vader

Thought about DDP instead of Vader, but Vaders was more memorable

Flair
Sting
Goldberg

I went with Vader, for me it was more memorable than what DDP and Booker T did with the belt. Steiner was def memorable because of the promos he was cutting and the character he had.

I went with Vader, for me it was more memorable than what DDP and Booker T did with the belt. Steiner was def memorable because of the promos he was cutting and the character he had.

Vader as champion was like The Giant as champion. Vader was the more memorable character, but as a champion, both guys were sort of waiting out a better draw or true baby face to come and headline. Steiner was the top guy for a while. Vader was awesome, nearly picked him too.

I didn't watch a ton of WCW even at its peak but when I think about the big gold belt these are the names that come to mind most.

Flair
Sting
Hogan
Goldberg

I didn't watch a ton of WCW even at its peak but when I think about the big gold belt these are the names that come to mind most.

Flair
Sting
Hogan
Goldberg
Yeah, that was my exact vote. The days of Golberg vs. the NWO and Sting vs. the NWO were my favorite days of professional wrestling.

Back