Poll: Which Fighters Did Fedor Beat in Their Prime?

Which fighters did Fedor beat in their prime?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_pkzxudTDU81qd4esao1_400.gif

WIN Brett Rogers
WIN Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 1
WIN Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2
WIN Mirko Filipovic
WIN Mark Hunt
WIN Kevin Randleman
WIN Mark Coleman 1
WIN Mark Coleman 2
WIN Heath Herring
WIN Semmy Schilt
WIN Renato Sobral
WIN Hong Man Choi
WIN Matt Lindland
WIN Tim Sylvia
WIN Andrei Arlovski
WIN Pedro Rizzo
WIN Ricardo Arona
WIN Jeff Monson
WIN Kazuyuki Fujita
WIN Quinton Jackson
WIN Chael Sonnen
WIN Frank Mir
WIN Fabio Maldonado
WIN Jaideep Singh
WIN Satoshi Ishii
WIN Wagner da Conceicao
WIN Naoya Ogawa
WIN Yuji Nagata Inoki
WIN Gary Goodridge
WIN Egidijus Valavicius
WIN Chris Haseman
WIN Lee Hasdell
WIN Ryushi Yanagisawa
WIN Kerry Schall
WIN Mihail Apostolov
WIN Hiroya Takada
WIN Levon Lagvilava
WIN Martin Lazarov

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fedor-Emelianenko-1500

(Poll limit is 20)

I love Fedor as much as the next man, but fighting Brett Rogers was a complete coward move on his part, on par with MVP level can crushing. 2 years before that fight, Brett was changing tires at Walmart full time and a guy with Fedor's skill level and experience should never have been ok with this fight. This was also around the same time that Fedor was ducking Reem in Strikeforce, whose skill level was on par with his own.

Can crushing at its absolute finest, sadly.

Last edited:
It’s a testament to Fedor’s greatness that he’s talked about nearly daily on this forum when he’s 10 years past prime and completely irrelevant in today’s HW landscapes.
<Fedor23>

Pretty much all of them other than Coleman 2, Rizzo, Rampage, and Monson. You could argue Sobral and Arona weren't in their primes yet but they weren't far from it.

Definitely Rampage.

Sobral had only two career losses when he fought Fedor. I'd consider that Prime.

I think prime Fedor could have taken prime Rickson and Sea Level Cain. Not at the same time. I mean in separate fights.

Although I really have no idea how Rickson would have done against the greats in an MMA fight. Prolly beat most of them, but we'll never know.

What say you all?

All of them up to, and including Cro Cop. Then it all went downhill.

I love Fedor as much as the next man, but fighting Brett Rogers was a complete coward move on his part, on par with MVP level can crushing. 2 years before that fight, Brett was changing tires at Walmart full time and a guy with Fedor's skill level and experience shoudl have never ben ok with this fight. This was also around the same time that Fedor was ducking Reem in Strikeforce.

Can crushing at it's absolute finest, sadly.
Should’ve been fighting UbeReem, but I’d be ascared shitless of that proposal. I’ve unfortunately been on 3 combat deployments, not much affears me, getting UberKneed into a living death sounds too affrightening.

It’s a testament to Fedor’s greatness that he’s talked about nearly daily on this forum when he’s 10 years past prime and completely irrelevant in today’s HW landscapes.
<Fedor23>

This forum has a lot of old-heads who love Fedor... of course he's discussed a lot...

I love Fedor as much as the next man, but fighting Brett Rogers was a complete coward move on his part, on par with MVP level can crushing. 2 years before that fight, Brett was changing tires at Walmart full time and a guy with Fedor's skill level and experience shoudl have never ben ok with this fight. This was also around the same time that Fedor was ducking Reem in Strikeforce.

lol

Rogers was 10-0 with all first round finishes including a 22 second destruction of Arlovski. He arguably took the first round off Fedor.

People really have been on some revisionist history bullshit around here lately.

lol

Rogers was 10-0 with all first round finishes including a 22 second destruction of Arlovski. He arguably took the first round off Fedor.

People really have been on some revisionist history bullshit around here lately.

He should have been in there with Reem, not Rogers, and you know that.

Brett Rogers was not a can he was 10-0 when he fought Fedor. He also TKO Arlovski in his last fight. Arlovski was in the top 10 HW's a that time when he got beaten by Rogers. So when Rogers fought Fedor he was ranked in the top 10. So he was no can.

<Fedor23>

That's an interesting way of saying it's a testament to how sad his fans are that they constantly bring him up despite being 10 years past prime and completely irrelevant in today’s HW landscapes.

He should have been in there with Reem, not Rogers, and you know that.

Maybe, there was some ducking of Ubreem going on at the time.

But to say Rogers was a can is something completely different. Maybe in hindsight his career panned out that way, but that was not the narrative at the time, and you know that.

It's basically the same record that got Nganou in title contention a couple of years ago, except for the fact that Rogers was undefeated and took even less time to finish Arlovski (who was also a lot less shop worn at the time).

I mean, there is a lot to say about Fedor's record and some of his opponents, but to single out Rogers like you did is just weird

Maybe, there was some ducking of Ubreem going on at the time.

But to say Rogers was a can is something completely different. Maybe in hindsight his career panned out that way, but that was not the narrative at the time, and you know that.

It's basically the same record that got Nganou in title contention a couple of years ago, except for the fact that Rogers was undefeated and took even less time to finish Arlovski (who was also a lot less shop worn at the time).

I mean, there is a lot to say about Fedor's record and some of his opponents, but to single out Rogers like you did is just weird

Fair enough.

<Fedor23>
How is it a positive testament when he’s younger than werdum, same age as DC while being irrelevant even in bellator?
Artem’s talked about often, doesn’t make him great.

Back