Media Poll: What Was The KO Of The Decade?

What was the best, and most memorable KO of the decade?

• Total voters
went with silva and vitor. askren is a can on the feet and flabby

vitor was supposed to be andersons toughest test yet, especially on the feet. was looking forward to the fight for years, then it ended in a few minutes.

Masvidal's knockout was something special, and to top it off he did it to an undefeated fighter. You'll never see anything like that ever again, that shit looked like it was staged for a movie. It could very well be the best knockout in the history of the sport.
Yeah but askren beat alot of lower ranked fighters and didn't belong in there with jorge.

Masvidal's knockout was something special, and to top it off he did it to an undefeated fighter. You'll never see anything like that ever again, that shit looked like it was staged for a movie. It could very well be the best knockout in the history of the sport.
HiddenUglyCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Here is the same knee many years earlier.

I didn't read thought the thread, so this has probably already been mentioned, but I'd also like to nominate:

Bisping VS Rockhold

I voted for Askren vs Masvidal because of how much effect it had on both fighters. Askren took another loss and retired, and Masvidal won a made-up title, and is now one of the most talked about fighters in MMA whose career trajectory has a ton of new found potential.

My 2nd pick would be Shogun vs Machida because of how robbed Shogun was in the 1st fight. Shogun made sure the judges weren't going to get involved with that 2nd fight, and it was a thing of beauty to see the "Machida era" ended so quickly.

Aldo vs McGregor.

10-year unbeaten reign of #1 p4p fighter was ended in less than 13 seconds by a newcomer's true one punch KO in a championship bout which happens to be the record.

This will always be my favourite. Pure martial arts strike by a karate master that retires a legend.
dcebdf25cdce3e51aa5b5a29736b1770.gif
I was just about to post this!!!
And your description is so brilliant!
Dude you are awesome!

giphy.gif

Masvidal had him cold so I voted for him.
My fave would be Weidman v Silva 1 just because of the occasion and circumstances

this is one of my faves.

every thing from the sound, and the body laying there in rigour till the uncontrolled twitching started, absolutely brutal.

Time doesn't begin in year zero, genius. We're still in the same decade here.

Romero knee from god over Weedmane. Left a stretched out pussy on the top of his head and you could see Weedmane reaction to cover the gash after a pint of blood flew out of his head before the stoppage

I have picked Conor Aldo because of who was koed and when. Holly Ronda is a close second. By cool factor Id have to go Barboza or Jorge tho.

TS - great work on this thread. Epic

I picked Page because the physics of that knee just seems off. In an awesome way. Obviously it’s not as important as many of the other KOs

Back