Elections Poll Shows 1/4 Of Democrats Say Reade Allegations Are Disqualifying For Biden

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
A new Morning Consult poll showed democratic voters a clip of Biden denying the Reade allegations. Then these same voters were asked if the party should jettison Joe and find a new nominee. 26% said Joe needed to go. 13% said they weren't sure.

Things are even more dire when the poll is broken down to only voters under 45 years of age. In that case a whopping 40% said Biden needed to be replaced with 18% still on the fence.

The problem for politicians with sexual assault allegations attached to them is not ultimately a matter of whether the available evidence would or would not produce a criminal conviction in a court of law. The problem involves personal voter perceptions and judgments relative to the accused and the accuser.

Biden's ability to beat Trump in November was already a steep uphill climb even pre-allegations. With up to 25% of democrats potentially unwilling to pull the lever for Biden doesn't that present a virtually insurmountable additional handicap?

Do you think it behooves the democratic party - for both the good of the party and the good of the nation - to do everything in its power to pressure Biden into withdrawing from the race in order to select a replacement nominee at the convention (if not sooner)?

0/1 women want candles shoved up their pussys

you sound pretty sure of yourself

OIP.Cq12MwGDq_AgBgpZOavKMQHaEK

We already know Biden aint winning. Fuck. All these candidates are garbage.

If Dems run Biden, election is foregone conclusion. If they run someone else like , maybee Cuomo, at this stage the election is too early to call.

It's not particularly the sexual allegations but the perception that Biden, at times, is confused and can't recall things.

What about Newsom ? I know he isn't running but how is he perceived by most Cali residents?

Perfect. This is great news. Hopefully the percentage grows higher, we still have plenty of time.

Only 1/4? Wow. Isn't this the party that says they're fighting to end the war on women?

Biden should be held to the same standard as Kavanaugh was by the Democrat party - full stop. If this is the party fighting to end the war on women, they can't be a political participant in that war when it suits their purposes. I spent a half hour perusing comments on Occupy Democrats, a pro-Democrat page with 8.5 million followers, using all of the Republican Kavanaugh rhetoric against Tara Reade. When the accused switched from red to blue, an astounding number of Democrats immediately switched to being what they previously hated. This is not a party of integrity, this is not a party of moral high ground. If the Democrats make no claims to being the party trying to do the right thing that's fine - just quit with the "we're better than Republicans" act.

Last edited:
Believe all women except those who say something different than you

Only 1/4? Wow. Isn't this the party that says they're fighting to end the war on women?
Very possible that most Dems genuinely don't believe the accuser, and just see this as a political hit. In which case, it is not about believing women only when convenient.

I can't wrap my head around how terrible a candidate Biden is. It's like if you had to choose someone to lose to Trump on purpose it'd be really hard to find someone worse than Biden, his brain is jello at this point, has a long documented history of lying and con-artistry, and now also sexual assault allegations on top of that (which are absolutely believable, Biden gives off strong creep vibes). And it's Obama that picked up the phone and made the party coalesce behind him, so thanks Obama, great 1d chess there.

Last edited:
Very possible that most Dems genuinely don't believe the accuser, and just see this as a political hit. In which case, it is not about believing women only when convenient.

lol.... You're not seeing the irony of this statement? From many accounts, her accusations are more credible than Ford's. ?? Personally, I don't know

I'm not a fan of 30+ year accusations either, but this situation is hilarious. There's going to be a lot of Democrat's who's previous quotes will come back to haunt them. There's something to be said in reserving judgement until an investigation plays out.

Absolutely. Read through some comments here:

And tell me if that's what you think is happening. This page has 8.5 million followers, and there are thousands of comments on this post for you to get a feel for whether people have given a careful analysis of her claims and found them unbelievable or not. Here are a few for reference:

"I’m still voting blue. Agent Orange said and did more than this and he was still elected. I can’t take another 4 years at the circus. The overwhelming smell of elephant droppings has taken a toll on me."

"If there is nothing wrong with trump holding office with all the allegations against him there is nothing wrong with Biden holding office. Continue to investigate when he is out of office press charges, that’s the path we are currently in with trump and his cohorts."

"Seriously, she would have come out when he ran for VP. I think she’s being paid. And I completely believed the Dr that came out against kavanaugh. She talked to everyone about her experience. I believe Biden is innocent."

"I wonder how much money the GOP paid this woman, who probably needed money more than ever nowadays. She claimed in her original complaint that Biden "touched her on the shoulder inappropriately". She would remember if what she now claims to be true is true."

"This is the first article I have read about her and I have to say that she doesn’t seem very credible. What an odd timeline of events."

"This came out “after” he just so happened to secure the Democratic nomination for President. I’m not saying who’s innocent or at fault here, but why didn’t she come out when he launched his bid for President a year ago last April.
"

This is precisely the type of gaslighting and questioning that was excoriated and forbidden against Ford, which this site was almost universally sympathetic towards. These are the Republican talking points that were torn apart by this page, and its users, two years ago. There are people here saying she should be sued for defamation, that her story shifting means it's false (a story Ford wasn't held for).

The sticking point here isn't that someone can't look at this and say "Yeah, this doesn't add up." It's that the people who defended Ford's accusations, treated them as gospel, gave every allowance for a shifting story, facts not adding up, the after-effects of trauma, and so on, are now giving none of those allowances, and are actually the ones judging Reade in precisely that way. There is even a fair bit of the Bloom stance - "Reade is believable, but I'll vote for a rapist to get Trump out of office."

lol.... You're not seeing the irony of this statement? From many accounts, her accusations are more credible than Ford's. ?? Personally, I don't know

I'm not a fan of 30+ year accusations either, but this situation is hilarious. There's going to be a lot of Democrat's who's previous quotes will come back to haunt them. There's something to be said in reserving judgement until an investigation plays out.
But you are assuming most Dems are actually familiar with her claims.

I follow the news a lot and I haven't looked into her claims, so my opinion right is : I don't know who is being honest. But I still wish the Dems would pick someone else.

Plot twist: DNC organized the women's allegations to get rid of a bad candidate. I don't think so though. It's real late in the game to build up the brand of someone new.

Back