Opinion Poll: Should Face Masks Be National Policy

Should we have a national policy requiring face mask wearing during a pandemic?

• Total voters
I know there is information exhaustion on this whole Covid issue, but that is the nature of the beast when dealing with a new disease. A bunch of new studies have come out recently showing the effectiveness of mask wearing, and I think, *hope*, that following the best, latest information we have should not be a partisan, dig-in-your heels issue.

Most GOP figures don't seem to have any problems wearing a mask. It is only the arrogant asshole (sorry to use that word, but that's what he is) in Chief who is more worried about his public perception as a "Strong Man"-- and how it relates to his re-election-- than he is about potentially saving lives.
I certainly won't argue that his image is a higher priority than your well being or mine, so you don't have to be sorry about using the word "asshole" to describe him.

As I understand it the latest studies show that contrary to what was going on for so long, if you don't have symptoms, you don't transmit it. But how reliable that theory is, I don't know.

We know that in some samples that had the antibodies in their blood, 85% of them were either asymptomatic or had such mild symptoms they didn't suspect they had it. We're seeing that or similar trends in a number of studies, the cruise ships were a great control group that actually gave us some decent information.

If one or both of these things is true, it casts a lot of doubt on the effectiveness of masks. I have a mask but I would be much more concerned if I didn't have enough vitamin D than I ever would if someone stole the bane face

Donald Trump is the president, that would feel like a privileged white man is telling me how to live, what to wear, how to breathe. I'm not white that seems racist and like privilege to me, no?

Also, the CDC is run by a man how would this demand not be perpetuating and reaffirming the oppressive patriarchy? My body my choice.

I was told fighting back against racism and the authoritative unfair government is bigger than Covid. Is that now not the case?

Why should I listen to the oppressive demands of a powerful government that once instituted slavery? Has the white guilt lib crowd answered this? Do they not care about these issues and concerns because of their own selfish privilege?

The reason they pushing the mask is to make people sick
That is what this will end up doing.

We should be outside getting vitamin D, breathing fresh air, being exposed to things this summer so that we have some immunity to things when flu season comes around again this fall and winter.

This is a tough one. I think ultimately this should be left up to the states, and the sad truth is that if our elected officials are dumbfucks that’s on us. This decision falls under the state’s jurisdiction I think.

That said, I am beyond disgusted with the Republicans in this country. They have no problem making it more difficult for citizens to vote, trying to destroy a woman’s right to have an abortion, supporting racial profiling by police and sheriffs, limiting who can get married or adopt children, and on and on.
But ask a Republican to wear a mask during a global pandemic and they’ll piss and moan about their “freedoms.” Ignorant, hypocritical bunch of fucking clowns.
Why is it so important to you that women can legally murder their unborn babies?

The CDC, Surgeon General, and WHO said they're ineffective

Now that's some real *FAKE NEWS* bullsh!t as Trump is prone to say "I know it and you know it too" . I don't know why you wanna continue this farce argument, just say you don't want to wear a mask and let it go, using bullsh!t to fight facts is getting real tiresome with you bunch.

The CDC, Surgeon General, and WHO said they're ineffective

But then they were, and then they weren't, and then they were...

Just in case people are confused about people not caring what the "experts" say.

It's like that day where the WHO flip flopped on how contagious asymptomatic people were. Literally contradicted themselves in 24 hours. Or hey, how about beaches being super spreading areas, and BLM protests being totally fine. Better listen to these experts. They really know what they're talking about...

Now that's some real *FAKE NEWS* bullsh!t as Trump is prone to say "I know it and you know it too" . I don't know why you wanna continue this farce argument, just say you don't want to wear a mask and let it go, using bullsh!t to fight facts is getting real tiresome with you bunch.
k

Here’s just ONE reason why it simply wouldn’t be difficult to be a better President than Trump. Studies have proven that universal face mask wearing cuts down on Covid transmission significantly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...rts-wearing-masks-control-coronavirus-spread/

f_mo_bidenmask_200407-00_00_01_11-Still001.focal-760x428.jpg

So... we should require them. Right?

Right.

See, that was easy.

Joe Biden says that he’d enact such a policy if elected.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/joe-biden-masks-mandatory-coronavirus/index.html

For those who claim there is a way to both keep the economy chugging AND flatten the curve on COVID infections there is only one logical compromise. (And, in fact, had the Trump administration implemented it I would have been supportive.)

1. All businesses remain open but a) impose social distancing requirements b) impose mandatory masking for ALL employees and customers.

200.gif

Make yours with a damp large sponge for all our sake's and remember "Stop The Spread"

@Diogenes of Sinope just disproved your argument with verifiable facts.

You've argued yourself into a bad position, and now you're doubling down rather than admitting you're wrong.

It takes a mature mind to admit when one has made an error. It appears you lack that maturity.

@Diogenes of Sinope just disproved your argument with verifiable facts.

You've argued yourself into a bad position, and now you're doubling down rather than admitting you're wrong.

It takes a mature mind to admit when one has made an error. It appears you lack that maturity.

He did squat

"I know it, and you know it too"

-Donald Trump

Edit: For your safety please follow

Last edited:
When you talk about wearing a mask in public during a pandemic as if it's "slavery" and "tyranny" you're embarrassing yourself.

Seriously.

If you think mandetory mask policy is about wearing masks then you're hopelessly lost.

Seriously

We should be outside getting vitamin D, breathing fresh air, being exposed to things this summer so that we have some immunity to things when flu season comes around again this fall and winter.

Some immunity to things? What in the fuck are you babbling about?

If you think mandetory mask policy is about wearing masks then you're hopelessly lost.

Oh I know buddy. It's all a conspiracy man! The elite globalist jew nazis are trying to keep that mask on you and keep you at home so that...uh..for reasons pertain..ing to...

Shut the fuck up.

Back