Opinion Poll: Should Face Masks Be National Policy

Should we have a national policy requiring face mask wearing during a pandemic?

• Total voters
It doesn't even have to be enforced to make a difference. Just setting direction from the top and making everyone aware how serious the situation is. Trump is out there encouraging risky behavior because he thinks it'll help his reelection.

Yep. You’re exactly right. Anything is better than the guy who was out here telling everyone it was a hoax while holding campaign events.

Until there's not a pandemic. That's probably until there is a vaccine.
What about herd immunity? I'm not sure what the pandemic threshold is off the top of my head.

Yep. You’re exactly right. Anything is better than the guy who was out here telling everyone it was a hoax while holding campaign events.
Both sides have done a piss poor job of not taking it seriously at first. And again with people saying shit like the protests are OK b/c the virus of racism > virus causing world to shut down.

Both sides have done a piss poor job of not taking it seriously at first. And again with people saying shit like the protests are OK b/c the virus of racism > virus causing world to shut down.

There was one guy parading around saying it was a hoax and it would magically disappear. He’s also the President and thus should be held to the highest standard.

You suggesting he and his party wasn’t/weren’t alone politically in doing this let’s me know you’re a bad faith poster and you can’t be objective. Don’t talk to me please.

There was one guy parading around saying it was a hoax and it would magically disappear. He’s also the President and thus should be held to the highest standard.

You suggesting he and his party wasn’t/weren’t alone politically in doing this let’s me know you’re a bad faith poster and you can’t be objective. Don’t talk to me please.
He wasn't, don't get your panties in a twist there sweetie...

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03...stricted-travel-to-china-here-are-5-examples/

And FWIW, I do agree Trump did a terrible job, but the fact that you singled him out shows me your a bad faith poster and can't be objective. But I'll allow you to talk to me, I'm a nice guy like that...

Huh?

No, the story has never changed. Masks aren't exceedingly effective in preventing contracting the disease. They are very effective in muting transmission. What you're getting at is that new information is always coming out about the virus - because it's new and novel - and conservatives treat that as the previous information being lies and persons who reported that information being liars. Because American conservatism is an ideology of selfishness, sloth, and anti-information.
Kind of like liberals and anti statistics/facts

Not sure about nationally. I am happy our state has it in place though.
Most are not listening anymore though. Around the city it seems most are still wearing masks but once you start venturing outside of the Pittsburgh area, people in masks are in the minority.

Most are not listening anymore though. Around the city it seems most are still wearing masks but once you start venturing outside of the Pittsburgh area, people in masks are in the minority.

I mean, most gas stations and places there’s foot traffic still have the rule in place. I’ve seen maybe a few come in with no mask but I think it’s been followed fairly well.

The. mask. isn't. to. protect. you.

The. mask. is. there. to. protect. others. from. you. if. you're. an. unknowing. carrier.

The mask only lowers your chances by 20% or so. But it drastically reduces the likelihood you will infect someone else.

Jesus fucking christ, it's tiring having to spend every day dictating to morons on how to be minimally responsible citizens because you all are too selfish or lazy to do even the simplest research.
Pass but thanks for that sjw approach to mask usage. Like I said before wear a mask if you want and I definitely won’t invade your personal space but shove your mask mandate up your fucking ass.

I mean, most gas stations and places there’s foot traffic still have the rule in place. I’ve seen maybe a few come in with no mask but I think it’s been followed fairly well.
They have the rule but less and less people are following it. I'm guessing those that don't want to wear them are realizing some kid making minimum wage isn't going to enforce the rules. I went to WV last weekend and made a few stops south of the city in Uniontown and in the Nemacolin area, I was one of the few wearing masks at sheetz and the dollar store. I am glad people in the Pgh area are still wearing them for the most part.

They have the rule but less and less people are following it. I'm guessing those that don't want to wear them are realizing some kid making minimum wage isn't going to enforce the rules. I went to WV last weekend and made a few stops south of the city in Uniontown and in the Nemacolin area, I was one of the few wearing masks at sheetz and the dollar store. I am glad people in the Pgh area are still wearing them for the most part.

Maybe we are just considering the outside of the city differently but I wouldn’t be surprised. I think the language of green phase isn’t helpful. Makes a lot of people think it’s just back to normal.

The national economy falling apart and taking twice as long to recover is your problem, genius. As much as you would like to simply saddle everyone else with the consequences of your laziness and selfishness, it will inevitably affect you as well.
I didnt shut the economy down. Your heros and saviors are the ones holding your life hostage, not me, or mine.

So again, not my problem.

I didnt shut the economy down. Your heros and saviors are the ones holding your life hostage, not me, or mine.

If hospitals overrun, people are removed from employment, and bad debt accrues in financial institutions, the economy shuts down. Whether through temporary restrictions or systemic damage.

I swear, it's like communicating with a child.

why do you post here?
Why should anyone read what you have to say?
None of this is your problem.
You and the President assume 0 responsibility because it’s just to difficult to care about other people you rely on for your way of life. You sir are a man of Jesus! Heaven is fortunate to have someone like you.

I voted "no" on accident.

Wearing a mask should be common fucking sense. But when the president and his retarded following think diseases are a hoax, you might have to get real.

My general response would have been "no that's silly, if there is a pandemic everyone would wear a mask because it's the smart and safe thing to do" a few months ago.

Now I see the pro-life crowd saying "who gives a shit if elderly and high-risk people, the economy needs to recover moreso than human beings" and....

Well fuck it. Yeah. Make wearing a mask a requirement.

why do you post here?
Why should anyone read what you have to say?
None of this is your problem.
You and the President assume 0 responsibility because it’s just to difficult to care about other people you rely on for your way of life. You sir are a man of Jesus! Heaven is fortunate to have someone like you.
Why are you guys trying to blame me for the decisions your elected officials make? Maybe send a letter to their secretary. Or vote in a few months. That should do the trick.

Back