Poll: Khabib (27-0) vs. Dustin (25-5)

Khabib vs. Poirier

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib Nurmagomedov is eyeing an imminent fight against Dustin Poirier in September.

The UFC lightweight champion congratulated Poirier on his win at UFC 236 in a tweet early Sunday morning. Poirier defeated featherweight champ Max Holloway for the interim 155-pound title in an instant classic Saturday night in Atlanta.

After Poirier’s victory, Nurmagomedov said on Twitter he wants to unify the belts with “The Diamond” in the third quarter of 2019.

“My respect to both fighters, and Poirier’s achievement so far cannot be denied,” Nurmagomedov wrote. “My congratulations Dustin, see you in September.”

Nurmagomedov added that he thought the bout should have been a draw. All three judges scored it 49-46 in favor of Poirier.

A pay-per-view card in Abu Dhabi has been targeted for September but is not yet official. Nurmagomedov has also discussed returning at a potential Madison Square Garden show near the end of the year.

Khabib will do what he always does. Another one sided fight. Tony is the one we all want to see.

If you said this a week ago nobody would pick Poirier. Let's see how many Sherbros jump on the train. It's a bad stylistic matchup for Dustin and pretty much everyone at LW.

Yeah but he will surely give Khabib hell before he goes out. And that can raise his stakes better then anything. Look at Iaquinta, got more popular with a loss to Khabib

For sure Dustin wont be bitching and saying its only business. He will bring war to Khabib

A lot of folks would love to see Dustin pull that off just so we get to see more of his wife.
Probably not gonna happen though.

Maybe Khabib’s old lady has got some big dirty milkers to show us next time.

Last edited:
Poirier can ktfo Tony but Khabib will be too much.

Poirier beats Tony.

While Tony is more versetile of the back and subs, Dustin will KO Tony into the walls with the other hiding men. If Tony was dropped by Vanata and others, Dustin will knock off his head. All depends if that beautiful wierdo can recover

Tony/Dustin/Khabib for GOAT status! Love all 3 of them!

The only way to beat khabib is to stop his takedowns or KO him.

Hell of a win for Poirier but Khabib will take him down at will and have his way with him

Don't know I didn't think Dustin had a shot against Max who I thought would beat Khabib. Saying Dustin over Khabib doesn't roll off the tongue easy but clear Dustin's a different fighter now.

I was surprised Dustin won but him beating Khabib would be a different thing. Stylistically I can't see Dustin winning

If Dustin can stop the takedown maybe Khabib will look like a fish out of water

But I don’t see that happening.

Is Poirier a better wrestler than Raging Al?

Dusting better be working on subs from the bottom.

I took Dustin against Max.. Im gonna take him against Khabib!

Just for fun.. And I believe!!

Back