1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Elections (Poll) GOP Now Has Largest Advantage On Security/Prosperity since 2015

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Tairy Hesticles, Oct 12, 2021 at 3:32 AM.

1. Tairy Hesticles Purple Belt

Oh I'm definitely not optimistic about it happening. We're probably stuck with a two party system forever, and it may lead to our decline as a country. It probably already has. I'm not speaking from practicality, but rather the necessity of better options. You're right though, we'll almost certainly never see a viable third party candidate in our lifetimes.

Thanks for the discussion!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 5:21 AM
  2. Tairy Hesticles Purple Belt

No. I'm not a politician nor do I want to be. I'm asking for more than two corrupt, bought and sold options to lead the most powerful country in the world. That is not an unreasonable request, and people shouldn't have to become politicians just because the system is broken. That's like telling generationally poor people from the ghetto to start their own businesses because the economic system has failed them. How about we just demand a system that works?

And there's the problem. You need giant amounts of money to be viable on a national stage. Where do you think this money comes from? And who do you think these politicians are beholden to? And then you're going to tell me that we don't need a third party because we can just demand that our politicians do better?

The Republicans trotted out Trump and the Democrats trotted out Joe Biden. Two of the least popular presidents in history. An orange real estate fraud and a senile, doddering fool. They both won. Obama was basically a no name before he rose to fame, and he ended up being, by far, the best of the last three presidents.

When did I say that? Of course work would have to be done. I'm not speaking from practicality here. IMO the two-party system is already too corrupt and too powerful for anything to ever really change. It's going to continue to get worse, even more money will funnel into politics, legislation/spending bills will become increasingly more business friendly/harmful to people, and there's not much we can do about it. I'm speaking from necessity. If it doesn't change, then we're going to get more of the same, and likely worse. I don't see it changing, I'm just expressing how I feel about it. We would be much better off with no parties at all, but that will never happen.

Many of them are put into office by special interest organizations, and then they are used as mouthpieces for that organization's agenda. I mentioned the NFIB in the last post. A lot of this is a scam. These organizations fund a political campaign to get said politician into office. The organization accrues members who pay monthly fees to the organization. The members vote on certain issues and inform the organization how they would like the politician to vote. Then the politician must vote a certain way or refuse future support from the organization and ruin their political career. I worked for an organization that did this, and there are dozens more.

Politicians need money, find a backer, and then speak as their mouthpiece. Only the independently wealthy can afford to run and actually vote their conscious. The political system (at least nationally) is broken on every level.

Yes, they often do. I've seen it happen. It works like this.
    1. Politician gains some support on local level
    2. Politician gets financial backing from large special interest group to fund a much larger campaign for a higher position
    3. Politician wins, and is beholden to special interest group and their donors
    4. Politician either votes how special interest group demands, or risks losing backing money and will be demonized by the group that got them into office.

They know where their votes are coming from at that point, so it's wisest to take orders from the special interest group, who gets their matching orders from their donor base.

None of them have the money, power, or influence of the DNC and GOP. It's really that simple. They are massive institutions deeply imbedded in politics for the last 100+ years. That's like asking why a mom and pop retail store can't compete with Walmart. "See! There are so many options! And people still shop at Walmart!".

It's fine that you're willing to work within that system, but be honest that this is the system you are working within.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 5:14 AM
    PrinceOfPain likes this.
  3. Tairy Hesticles Purple Belt

This.

Exactly this.

I remember my dad telling me a while back that I don't get to have a say in politics if I don't vote for one of two shitty candidates. I asked him "didn't you vote for Bush twice?"

"Yes"

So that means you had a say in the wars and I didn't. You're an asshole, and I'm indifferent. Fix your fucking system and maybe I'll vote.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 5:26 AM
  4. Fox by the Sea Lighthouse Keeper Platinum Member

ah, so this is how all these patriot act bullshit laws are sold.
    for your protection and prosperity.

panamaican likes this.
  5. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

“Law and Order”

panamaican likes this.
  6. nostradumbass Steel Belt

Who the eff are the 39% that prefer the pro crime open border party on security, and the 41% who prefer the party forcing people out of work, creating a labor shortage and skyrocketing inflation on prosperity?

7. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Or we can be honest and admit that there are plenty of 3rd parties to vote for and most of you still choose to vote Dem or GOP instead.