Elections (Poll) GOP Now Has Largest Advantage On Security/Prosperity since 2015

Tairy Hesticles

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
From CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/11/...al-security-prosperity-gallup-poll/index.html):

Most Americans now view the Republican Party as better than the Democratic Party at protecting the country from international threats and ensuring the nation remains prosperous, according to a new poll from Gallup. These are also the GOP's widest margins ahead of the Democrats in either issue area in at least six years.

* On security matters: 54% prefer the Republican Party and 39% prefer the Democratic Party

• Largest GOP advantage since 2015
* On prosperity: 50% prefer the Republican Party and 41% prefer the Democratic Party
  • Largest GOP advantage since 2014
While the Republican Party has historically been seen as the one better situated to handle security matters and the economy, Gallup adds some context for this latest bump: "More of this change has come from declines in Americans perceiving the Democratic Party as better on these issues than from increases for the Republican Party."

It just seems to keep getting worse for the Biden admin. I must say though, I am pleasantly surprised that CNN is actually holding the Biden admin somewhat accountable. I thought they were much too partisan to do so, but they have been (rightfully) grilling him lately.

From CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/11/...al-security-prosperity-gallup-poll/index.html):

Most Americans now view the Republican Party as better than the Democratic Party at protecting the country from international threats and ensuring the nation remains prosperous, according to a new poll from Gallup. These are also the GOP's widest margins ahead of the Democrats in either issue area in at least six years.

* On security matters: 54% prefer the Republican Party and 39% prefer the Democratic Party

• Largest GOP advantage since 2015
* On prosperity: 50% prefer the Republican Party and 41% prefer the Democratic Party
  • Largest GOP advantage since 2014
While the Republican Party has historically been seen as the one better situated to handle security matters and the economy, Gallup adds some context for this latest bump: "More of this change has come from declines in Americans perceiving the Democratic Party as better on these issues than from increases for the Republican Party."

It just seems to keep getting worse for the Biden admin. I must say though, I am pleasantly surprised that CNN is actually holding the Biden admin somewhat accountable. I thought they were much too partisan to do so, but they have been (rightfully) grilling him lately.

Cnn is like the Washington generals and the democrat party is the globetrotters. Every once in a while they have to pretend....just a little...to be journalists. But only when it doesn't count.

Cnn is like the Washington generals and the democrat party is the globetrotters. Every once in a while they have to pretend....just a little...to be journalists. But only when it doesn't count.

Their main headline today is "How Biden Helped Author His Political Misfortune". They have been shitting on the old man for a while now. It's way more than I've ever seen from Fox, so it surprised me. Obviously CNN is still hack journalism, but I thought after Trump I would never see another negative article about a Democrat from CNN.

I think that makes sense. The Democrats messaging is very much about social issues. The GOP is also talking about social issues but they frame those issues in the context of international security, sovereignty and economic opportunity.

To illustrate the difference - look at something like immigration, legal and illegal. The Dems will say diversity strengthens the nation, open arms, nation of immigrants, etc. The GOP will say illegal immigration affects borders and border security. That immigration affects job opportunities and the pay scale.

Same issue, very different framework. The GOP messaging is consistently about something people can understand - security and jobs. The Dems messaging is consistently about something that's hard to define and internalize.

I think that makes sense. The Democrats messaging is very much about social issues. The GOP is also talking about social issues but they frame those issues in the context of international security, sovereignty and economic opportunity.

To illustrate the difference - look at something like immigration, legal and illegal. The Dems will say diversity strengthens the nation, open arms, nation of immigrants, etc. The GOP will say illegal immigration affects borders and border security. That immigration affects job opportunities and the pay scale.

Same issue, very different framework. The GOP messaging is consistently about something people can understand - security and jobs. The Dems messaging is consistently about something that's hard to define and internalize.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure where the Democrats stand on a number of issues. It seems like they're trying to play all angles of every issue and it comes off disingenuous. I'm not saying the GOP is any better, but I understand what they want to do.

When you have one party in office while things get worse for the country, it's easy for the other side to swing opinion by pointing out their flaws rather than presenting their own strategies. Then the other party gets elected and the cycle repeats itself.

Eh...we need a viable third party so badly.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure where the Democrats stand on a number of issues. It seems like they're trying to play all angles of every issue and it comes off disingenuous. I'm not saying the GOP is any better, but I understand what they want to do.

When you have one party in office while things get worse for the country, it's easy for the other side to swing opinion by pointing out their flaws rather than presenting their own strategies. Then the other party gets elected and the cycle repeats itself.

Eh...we need a viable third party so badly.
I don't agree with the 3rd party piece. I think it's an excuse. A 3rd party is not going to change what people talk about or care about. I cannot think of many issues that one of the 2 parties don't already support where a 3rd party would be addressing an unaddressed need.

A 3rd party isn't going to change anyone's opinion on immigration, education, taxes, etc. People should simply demand better at their local levels, which is what feeds the national levels. But instead of doing that, people either blame the other side or refuse to ask their side to do better. Nothing about a 3rd party will change that.

I don't agree with the 3rd party piece. I think it's an excuse. A 3rd party is not going to change what people talk about or care about. I cannot think of many issues that one of the 2 parties don't already support where a 3rd party would be addressing an unaddressed need.

A 3rd party isn't going to change anyone's opinion on immigration, education, taxes, etc. People should simply demand better at their local levels, which is what feeds the national levels. But instead of doing that, people either blame the other side or refuse to ask their side to do better. Nothing about a 3rd party will change that.

When you consider the polarization and the polticization of every single issue the US population is being subjected to, not to mention the the see-saw, tit for tat, finger pointing, lack of accountablility theatrics the 2 parties and their mainstream and social media propaganda networks have presented to the USA over the past several decades then this post falls in line with the definition of insanity and in some ways can be viewed as some of the laziest forms of propaganda I see here in this forum. Thankfully you included no propaganda links to back up your comment

When you consider the polarization and the polticization of every single issue the US population is being subjected to, not to mention the the see-saw, tit for tat, finger pointing, lack of accountablility theatrics the 2 parties and their mainstream and social media propaganda networks have presented to the USA over the past several decades then this post falls in line with the definition of insanity and in some ways can be viewed as some of the laziest forms of propaganda I see here in this forum. Thankfully you included no propaganda links to back up your comment
Nothing in your post is unique to 2 parties or would disappear with a 3rd party. This is why I label it an excuse from the general population so they can blame the 2 parties for things that they, the general population, have chosen to do.

Oh, it's the 2 party system that leads us to see-saw on issues. Doesn't make sense - if the general population didn't reward this behavior, those people wouldn't be in office.

Tit for tat, finger pointing? Look at the "discussion" that takes place on this subforum example - how many topics immediately degenerate into "The other side does this or that so ignore that my side does this or that." That won't change with a 3rd party, a 3rd party won't make any of the general population more willing to hold themselves or their party accountable.

A 3rd party will still use mainstream and social media. And the general population will still repost Facebook videos that make them feel good instead of learning about the issue itself.

The mythical 3rd party is just another way for people to say "I'm not the problem. My refusal to hold my party accountable, to not reduce issues to my team vs. yours, is not the problem. The problem is that if you just gave us more politicians things would be different."

That won't change with a 3rd party, a 3rd party won't make any of the general population more willing to hold themselves or their party accountable.

A 3rd party will still use mainstream and social media. And the general population will still repost Facebook videos that make them feel good instead of learning about the issue itself.

You offer glittering generalities and happenstance to infuse your reply with something that is supposed to what? silence my opinion? build a bridge towards a commonplace? what is the point of telling me your opinion of something that has not happened?

So I say, the 2 party system is failing, you say give it a chance, a 3rd party wont solve anything? The fact that you would offer a look at the lack of nuance the "discussions" here on this subforum exemplify as anything other than proof the 2 party system is failing, but you then you choose to offer me in response...? A view from your crystal ball? An attack on citizens not holding thier corrupt parties and institutions accountable?

That is pure propaganda

There are a lot ‘Let’s go Brandon’ chants in sporting and other events. Biden making these mandates forcing people to quit or get fired and saying that’s a good thing hurts his approval.

People are feeling the pain of inflation with Democrats holding the majority in congress, senate plus the White House it makes since they are losing support.

Back