[Poll] Focused Conor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. Who wins ?

Who wins ?

• Total voters
Imagine getting to fight the guy who slapped your best friend, in the biggest fight in the history of the sport, with the highest payday and that's the fight you choose to not be focused for. Comical that anyone can actually believe that.
It wasn't his highest payday, his previous fight was which was part of the problem.
Have you ever earned 100 million in one night? Comical if you think that wouldn't affect somones hunger and Conor clearly went off the rails for a while.

Focused Conor... Or Humble Conor

This is bad even for sherdog standards

If the rematch happens and Conor wins a new fighter will born

Unwilling Khabib

People are going to say he lost cause he didn't want the rematch

Can a focused Conor stop a takedown? The suggestion that he wasn't focused and fully prepared for the first fight is ridiculous anyway.
The result is exactly the same as the first fight but it probably happens earlier.

I think 2nd would be worse. A more focused cooler Khabib, but with same or more hate.

It wasn't his highest payday, his previous fight was which was part of the problem.
Have you ever earned 100 million in one night? Comical if you think that wouldn't affect somones hunger and Conor clearly went off the rails for a while.

Ok, sure but the problem with that still remains;

1- it was still personal. Khabib still slapped Conor's best friend. As a man, and a fighter, no way that doesn't motivate you.

And 2- Conor, Kavanagh, Roddy, and even Dillon all said that he looked better than ever and was prepared for Khabib. Conor even said he was prepared to knock him out and couldn't wait to get his hands on him. This is verifiable and you can look all this up yourself.

Therefore, Conor and his entire team either lied before the Khabib fight, or Conor is lying now.

So which one is it?

In the leadup to the Cowboy fight, we were being sold wolf tickets by Jon Kavanaugh, Dana White, The UFC Performance Institute Doctor, Ariel Helwani, and Conor McGregor himself that the Conor that will fight Cowboy Cerrone is not the same Conor that fought Khabib.

The new and improved version of Conor, at peace with himself and the universe is dedicated to his training and betterment as a martial artist, and is unfazed by the temptations of the material world. He is "Focused Conor"

At the time, I dismissed Focused Conor as pure wolf tickets, but after his performance against Cowboy, I'll be fucking damned !

Assuming that Focused Conor is a real thing. Who wins in a fight between Focused Conor and Khabib Nurmagomedov ?
Khabib beat a focused in shape Conor. So what’s your point?

Imagine losing to the guy who disrespected you for months on end, took the belt that was yours while you were too scared to take it back. Imagine getting humiliated to the bone every time you see him during the fight buildup.

Now imagine losing to that guy in 13 seconds. Almost comical anyone could believe that.

What?
You sound like a 40 year old over bearing woman who brings up unrelated things from the past in arguments.

What exactly does that have to do with the OP or my post even?

Smh.
You can't refute all of Conor's bullshit with the Aldo victory. Good on him for taking down Aldo, but don't let that blind you from Conor's lies and fake narratives - that's called nut hugging.

Khabib beat a focused in shape Conor. So what’s your point?

The Conor that Khabib beat was alcoholic, coked up, delusional, preoccupied with selling whiskey, spiteful, and unfocused.

Non focused khabib beats the best conor that ever existed

Seriously conor has literally a punchers chance and that's it

Khabib inside 2 rounds submission

I think khabib would beat him again with ease at 155, Conor is not used to cut to this wieght and is inisitng on fighting at 170..

I was saying for the longest time I thought Khabib had Conor's number. I still think is partly true, but I do think this Conor gives him a much harder test. We saw when Conor lost to Nate he became obsessed with getting it back and made all the necessary changes. Immediately we saw with Cowboy he picked up new clinch defense and his sprawl with instantaneous muscle memory. People have to remember he got his brown nearly six years ago, has been training alot with Danis, so I expect his ground game to be even more improved. Lots here think Conor was just making stuff up about no training after Eddie and all the 'excuses', but I actually believe him - its not a stretch for me to imagine a guy who made 100 million and was getting in trouble all the time was not focused like he was when he was poor. Khabib is also the one with the money now, got tagged up Dustin, and the shoe is on the other foot.
Conor May have made the necessary changes but it’s not as if he annihilated Diaz - who is a gatekeeper at best.

Please explain how you came to the conclusion Khabib is "slightly worse" and "Conor is slightly better" based on what we've seen in their performances since the first fight?

Khabib finished a #1 contender in spectacular fashion under grueling conditions in a desert and Conor beat a future Hall of Famer who was coming off 2 brutal losses in the last 7 months..... What are you seeing that I'm not dude? Genuinely curious.
It's very simple really.

Khabib did slightly worse than expected against someone that Conor steamrolled. He was in a couple of situations we haven't seen him in before, so, slightly worse. No bad, not worse, just slightly worse than expected.

Conor on the other hand got a relatively easy fight, relatively, at an unfavorable weight class. He was supposed to win, but he won in a much more dominant fashion than expected. So he is slightly better.

Also, Dustin is the #3, not #1. Tony and Conor were #1 and #2.

It's not rocket science dude, you know I'm speaking the truth you just want to argue cause I called out your man crush.

Focused Conor McGregor vs Motivated BJ Penn who wins? Ref should be Chuck but without that look in his eye so he doesn't kill both of them

The Conor cry babies are amazing.

Conor doesn't have the balls to earn another shot,so the discussion (LOL) is made even further redundant. You can all just dream he has what it takes.

It's easy to look improved when you go from fighting Khabib to fighting Cowboy

Easy win for Conor
Prolly KO Khabib with the shoulder check he recently invented

Back