[Poll] Focused Conor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. Who wins ?

Who wins ?

• Total voters
Honestly, I think he was not focused for awhile before Khabib. He was losing the plot around the Alvarez fight but was still getting away with it in the octagon.

Quite likely

Shout out to the jon jones' of the world who can pull it off

Imagine getting to fight the guy who slapped your best friend, in the biggest fight in the history of the sport, with the highest payday and that's the fight you choose to not be focused for. Comical that anyone can actually believe that.
Its actually comical you don't think all the distractions he had weren't detrimental to his commitment and focus. Plus his wealth and fame getting to his head also contributed. Not saying he would beat Khabib for sure but this version definitely has a better chance.

Is Khabib focused or not?
And if focused Conor doesn't beat unfocused Khabib, then what Conor does? Does sober Conor on cycle of Jones' juice in his prime beat a 56 year old Khabib that has the flu and a broken leg? Where In time space does Conor ever beat Khabib?

In the leadup to the Cowboy fight, we were being sold wolf tickets by Jon Kavanaugh, Dana White, The UFC Performance Institute Doctor, Ariel Helwani, and Conor McGregor himself that the Conor that will fight Cowboy Cerrone is not the same Conor that fought Khabib.

The new and improved version of Conor, at peace with himself and the universe is dedicated to his training and betterment as a martial artist, and is unfazed by the temptations of the material world. He is "Focused Conor"

At the time, I dismissed Focused Conor as pure wolf tickets, but after his performance against Cowboy, I'll be fucking damned !

Assuming that Focused Conor is a real thing. Who wins in a fight between Focused Conor and Khabib Nurmagomedov ?
I was saying for the longest time I thought Khabib had Conor's number. I still think is partly true, but I do think this Conor gives him a much harder test. We saw when Conor lost to Nate he became obsessed with getting it back and made all the necessary changes. Immediately we saw with Cowboy he picked up new clinch defense and his sprawl with instantaneous muscle memory. People have to remember he got his brown nearly six years ago, has been training alot with Danis, so I expect his ground game to be even more improved. Lots here think Conor was just making stuff up about no training after Eddie and all the 'excuses', but I actually believe him - its not a stretch for me to imagine a guy who made 100 million and was getting in trouble all the time was not focused like he was when he was poor. Khabib is also the one with the money now, got tagged up Dustin, and the shoe is on the other foot.

so people already accepted the lie that conor wasnt "focused" for first fight
lmao

Last edited:
The only way he beats him is with a knee when Khabib is shooting in the first round. I dont think he will catch with a punch since Khabib shoots very low. And I dont think Conor has enough power to KO him in the initial exchanges.

Conor came very close to catching Khabib with a knee on the first shot, but Khabib was too quick.

Lmao... Donald is a shot lw who is nowhere near the level of Khabib. Conor would have exactly the same issues he had in their first fight. He will NEVER develop good grappling and wresslin training at SBG. And that’s a crucial aspect of the game if you want to look decent against a guy like Khabib.

Its actually comical you don't think all the distractions he had weren't detrimental to his commitment and focus. Plus his wealth and fame getting to his head also contributed. Not saying he would beat Khabib for sure but this version definitely has a better chance.

give him a top contender and we'll see if he's improved any

Last edited:
give him a top contender and we'll see if he's improved any
Haha yeah okay. You're only hurting yourself by hating so much. I don't even like the guy much but I give him credit.

Motivated Mcgregor is funny.

Sober Mcgregor might actually be a real thing though.

In the leadup to the Cowboy fight, we were being sold wolf tickets by Jon Kavanaugh, Dana White, The UFC Performance Institute Doctor, Ariel Helwani, and Conor McGregor himself that the Conor that will fight Cowboy Cerrone is not the same Conor that fought Khabib.

The new and improved version of Conor, at peace with himself and the universe is dedicated to his training and betterment as a martial artist, and is unfazed by the temptations of the material world. He is "Focused Conor"

At the time, I dismissed Focused Conor as pure wolf tickets, but after his performance against Cowboy, I'll be fucking damned !

Assuming that Focused Conor is a real thing. Who wins in a fight between Focused Conor and Khabib Nurmagomedov ?

hahaha focused Conor! What an embarrassing term.
‘Focused’ Conor gets beat. As does ‘motivated’ conor and ‘full training camp’ Conor. Conor ‘with that look in his eye’ may stand a chance though

the excuses for his beat down by Khabib really are laughable

I thought the title of this new mythical creature was "Sober Conor"

hahaha focused Conor! What an embarrassing term.
‘Focused’ Conor gets beat. As does ‘motivated’ conor and ‘full training camp’ Conor. Conor ‘with that look in his eye’ may stand a chance though

the excuses for his beat down by Khabib really are laughable

A really dumb Conor fan on Sherdog actually said today that Khabib beating Conor was a fluke win.

A really dumb Conor fan on Sherdog actually said today that Khabib beating Conor was a fluke win.

ive seen it said a few times in the last few days. Desperate fan boys still not gotten over his one sided beating. Sad bunch!

Would of loved to see focused Conor vs motivated Penn with Chuck with that look in his eye as the ref.

Haha yeah okay. You're only hurting yourself by hating so much. I don't even like the guy much but I give him credit.

maybe you can enlighten me. how is this new version of conor any better? he sat on the couch for over a year, cant even make an attempt to cut weight, and fights an unranked journeyman who folds like a lawn chair under any kind of pressure, in a fight that was tailor made for conor to win

what exactly is so convincing about this "version" being any different from the last one who spent 4 rounds getting his shit pushed in by a dude with no hands? its going to take more than a win over cowboy to convince me that khabib wouldnt once again make conor his prison wife in a rematch.

the only thing different about this fight was the lack of conors shit talk leading up to the fight, but i when youre only as good as your last fight, its kind of hard to act like youre gods gift to MMA when the last thing people are going to remember of you is stepping into the cage and being made somebody elses bitch for 20 minutes. khabib definately humbled him after putting him in his place. and humiliated him enough to reach deep down into his bag of fake excuses and announce retirement over twitter, and resort to fighting old men at the bar, and avoiding cutting weight and taking fights with top contenders so he could take the easy fight with cowboy instead.

thats literally all we've seen of him since khabib diggled that ass. i dont think theres many people out there who expected conor to do anything other than to run right through cowboy. thats really not much of a feather in his cap. like i said, have him fight a top contender and we'll see if he's improved any.

im genuinely curious. how is this 'new version' of conor any different from the last? if anything, he's just more lazier and older, with a bigger ego and drug habit. what is so convincing about his recent performances that he would fare off any better against khabib than he did in his first attempt? theres nothing about that performance that stands out. have him fight a real contender and maybe itll convince me otherwise. until then he's just a whole lot of bark, and he should probably stick to bullying around the other midgets at featherweight because thats what he's good at and its probably where he belongs.

Last edited:
Back