[Poll] Focused Conor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. Who wins ?

Who wins ?

• Total voters

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In the leadup to the Cowboy fight, we were being sold wolf tickets by Jon Kavanaugh, Dana White, The UFC Performance Institute Doctor, Ariel Helwani, and Conor McGregor himself that the Conor that will fight Cowboy Cerrone is not the same Conor that fought Khabib.

The new and improved version of Conor, at peace with himself and the universe is dedicated to his training and betterment as a martial artist, and is unfazed by the temptations of the material world. He is "Focused Conor"

At the time, I dismissed Focused Conor as pure wolf tickets, but after his performance against Cowboy, I'll be fucking damned !

Assuming that Focused Conor is a real thing. Who wins in a fight between Focused Conor and Khabib Nurmagomedov ?

Is Khabib focused or not?

Imagine getting to fight the guy who slapped your best friend, in the biggest fight in the history of the sport, with the highest payday and that's the fight you choose to not be focused for. Comical that anyone can actually believe that.

A non-focused Kabib beats even a focused Conor

Not good for Conor. This is gonna end up like motivated BJ, C-level Cain, and Chuck with that look in his eyes. Add “motivated mcgregor” to the list.

Imagine getting to fight the guy who slapped your best friend, in the biggest fight in the history of the sport, with the highest payday and that's the fight you choose to not be focused for. Comical that anyone can actually believe that.

Youre right but what they really mean is he was an alcoholic

Focused Conor runs through LW imho, but only if he fights all of them at 170

While being a real thing Focused Conor might not be what we think it is.
Perhaps none should hit Focused Conor back, as he may lose the focus. Perhaps it is Conor, that is not fighting Khabib or any other ranked opponent for that matter. One thing we know it is real!

Honestly, I think he was not focused for awhile before Khabib. He was losing the plot around the Alvarez fight but was still getting away with it in the octagon.

The reality is that the rematch will be Focused Conor VS Famous Khabib.

I'd say 50-50.

Can't say Conor will win the rematch but he is slightly better now and Khabib is slightly worse.

The fight will be slightly more in Conors favor than it was before.

I wouldn't put money on this fight.

Conor was more focused for Khabib than any of his other fights. Khabib was barely motivated. He doesn't even want to be an MMA fighter.

In the leadup to the Cowboy fight, we were being sold wolf tickets by Jon Kavanaugh, Dana White, The UFC Performance Institute Doctor, Ariel Helwani, and Conor McGregor himself that the Conor that will fight Cowboy Cerrone is not the same Conor that fought Khabib.

The new and improved version of Conor, at peace with himself and the universe is dedicated to his training and betterment as a martial artist, and is unfazed by the temptations of the material world. He is "Focused Conor"

At the time, I dismissed Focused Conor as pure wolf tickets, but after his performance against Cowboy, I'll be fucking damned !

Assuming that Focused Conor is a real thing. Who wins in a fight between Focused Conor and Khabib Nurmagomedov ?
Lol, he beat a Cowboy that has been TKOed twice in the last calendar year and is clearly at the end of the line who fights nothing like Khabib.

Basically what I'm saying is, as impressive as his performance was, it has no relevance regarding a rematch with a Khabib who already beat him easily and is still in his prime.

Especially since Kavanaugh, Dana and Conor himself said the exact same shit prior to the first fight then waited 6 months to decide and claim to the world he was unmotivated and apparently had a broken foot.

That is weird since after struggling abit with Mendez who he actually liked he almost immediately started claiming an 80% ACL tear (despite that fight being his most kick focused attack to date) to explain it being a tough fight but waited 6 months to try and discredit Khabib, a guy he hated, decisive victory over him.

What about a non-ballooned Conor?

And considering that cheating is allowed or not?

I'd say 50-50.

Can't say Conor will win the rematch but he is slightly better now and Khabib is slightly worse.

Please explain how you came to the conclusion Khabib is "slightly worse" and "Conor is slightly better" based on what we've seen in their performances since the first fight?

Khabib finished a #1 contender in spectacular fashion under grueling conditions in a desert and Conor beat a future Hall of Famer who was coming off 2 brutal losses in the last 7 months..... What are you seeing that I'm not dude? Genuinely curious.

I'd say 50-50.

Fair analysis, tbh.

I wanted to mentioned Rock Star Khabib (he is one currently, in the Arabic and Islamic world) but I believe that Khabib still retains his work ethic when it comes to training and discipline. Abdulmanap would not allow deviance from the righteous path.

Imagine losing to the guy who disrespected you for months on end, took the belt that was yours while you were too scared to take it back. Imagine getting humiliated to the bone every time you see him during the fight buildup.

Now imagine losing to that guy in 13 seconds. Almost comical anyone could believe that.

Back