Politics and MMA

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Is there a political or social correlation with the sherodgger's political and social views when it comes to liking a fighter?

I notice that most of the Jon Jones haters are hipsters, SJWs, don't identify genders, >30% BMI, etc.

It seems like most of the real men on here acknowledge Jon Jones might have a shady past, but also recognize his greatness and dominance. MMA is a better place when he is around and thus praise him as the GOAT. These same fans also realize the greatness of Trump.

It seems like SJWs are concerned with seeing prominent people fall. The SJW MMA fan hates exciting or controversial fighters like Jon Jones, Mike Perry, Colby, the whole BMF concept, but likes fighters like Ben Askren, and gets extremely excited for early pre-lim fights between fighters that no one knows.

They also like to make threads on here discussing what food they are going to eat for a Claudia Gadelha vs. Amanda Ribas - Sunday Fight Night main event.

Anyone else notice this? BTW, this thread was meant to be extremely neutral.

Really? I see the opposite

Libs love Jones
Conservatives hate him

TS seems to see what he wants to see. Reality is the opposite.

Libs like Jones and conservatives don’t. That’s pretty clear. I don’t think policies affiliation really comes into play unless you have a guy like Colby with his Schtick

this place is full of limp wrist girl boys. never noticed who they cheer for

Is there a political or social correlation with the sherodgger's political and social views when it comes to liking a fighter?

I notice that most of the Jon Jones haters are hipsters, SJWs, don't identify genders, >30% BMI, etc.

It seems like most of the real men on here acknowledge Jon Jones might have a shady past, but also recognize his greatness and dominance. MMA is a better place when he is around and thus praise him as the GOAT. These same fans also realize the greatness of Trump.

It seems like SJWs are concerned with seeing prominent people fall. The SJW MMA fan hates exciting or controversial fighters like Jon Jones, Mike Perry, Colby, the whole BMF concept, but likes fighters like Ben Askren, and gets extremely excited for early pre-lim fights between fighters that no one knows.

They also like to make threads on here discussing what food they are going to eat for a Claudia Gadelha vs. Amanda Ribas - Sunday Fight Night main event.

So, in your world, there are only 2 types of people--Trump supporters and Social Justice Warriors?

Also, that attempt to claim that this was meant to be impartial was hilarious.

In my experience, the people who you say support Jones don't know things and reference subjects they don't understand, like for example BMI, which is not a percentage.

Not all MMA fans are Americans. And not everyone associates politics with every aspect of life.

Left or Right we can all agree this thread sucks.

50d6ccaaf5e3d751df5b817e4701cba2.jpg

Literally a troll avatar. Stupid thread premise, and doesn't know what he's attempting to argue about anyways.

Enjoy the dump

Never noticed 1 way or the other, but I would think most MMA fans ahould be conservative. Conservatives are all about self-responsibility and making your own way - explains why NY took so long to legalize.

Never noticed 1 way or the other, but I would think most MMA fans ahould be conservative. Conservatives are all about self-responsibility and making your own way - explains why NY took so long to legalize.

No, conservatives are about the stairs quo. They wanted to stop mma legalization.

See?

I'd come to the same conclusion based on different arguments. Most liberals are low test soy boys so you wouldn't expect them to like MMA.

I'm sure there are those that do like/dislike fighters based on politics.

Personally I couldn't care less. I watch MMA because I like MMA. I like/dislike fighters based on numerous factors, politics not being one of them. Entertainment should be an escape from politics in my book.

I'd come to the same conclusion based on different arguments. Most liberals are low test soy boys so you wouldn't expect them to like MMA.

We all now conservatives can’t afford cable let some 60 bucks to watch a ppv

I'll pretend OP isn't obviously trolling and give a serious answer.

I try to ignore most fighters politics. I try to ignore everything about them that isn't fighting. 99% of what I find out about any of these guys makes me like them less so it's easier to ignore. These guys get kicked in the head for a living, I don't expect them to be policy wonks.

I also expect most MMA fans to be conservative by and large because it takes a pretty libertarian perspective to say "If you want to get your head kicked it for my entertainment/money, it's your head and who is anyone else to say that's wrong". I happen to be left leaning with libertarian tendencies, but most American libertarians are right leaning. Plus wrestling as a kid I learned that hicks love grappling, and hicks are usually conservative.

Most people who find MMA interesting are male, so they’re necessarily higher testosterone. I’d also wager there’s a higher concentration of independent-minded folks, i.e., non-conformist, anti-authority, solitary, etc. There’s probably a higher concentration of people with bellicose/combative tendencies too. I imagine there’s some loose political correlations there.

Serious answer:
The American MMA audience demographics tends to by young, male, and upper middle class. The correlation to conservative politics is incidental.

Not so serious answer:
Closet gay conservatives love watching sweaty guys choke each other

I hate Jon Jones. He is a scumbag.

I respect guys like Damian Maia.

TS seems to see what he wants to see. Reality is the opposite.

Libs like Jones and conservatives don’t. That’s pretty clear. I don’t think policies affiliation really comes into play unless you have a guy like Colby with his Schtick
That "shtick" got him to the White House to meet the GOAT POTUS.

Back