Politico poll released 8/22/18 shows Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden leading Donald Trump by 12 pt, 13 pt

Disagree about Warren as both a VP choice and as a presidential candidate.

With her as Clinton's VP the sexism strategy would have been even more intense since Warren comes off as kind of spastic and manic.

Warren is, in my opinion, a considerably worse orator than Clinton and is only marginally more charismatic. And, unlike Clinton who is generally cool and composed, I could see her getting rattled by the pot shots.

Warren trumps Tim Kaine on name recognition alone.

Policy doesn't even matter.

Don't know this O Malley, but Elizabeth Warren would be a huge mistake imo. She'd face the same troubles Hillary did, with many people voting against her as she seems crazy, and not being able to get the D base as out in droves as she just seems another washed up establishment candidate

I think the exposure she'd get in a presidential campaign would very quickly kill the notion that she's crazy. Also seems strange that a first-term politician with a lot of really bold ideas wold be considered a "washed-up establishment candidate," but I gather than right-wingers have a very different idea of the establishment than normal people. I would prefer someone younger, though.

elizabeth warren ? lol you guys have learned NOTHING .. Trump 2020

I think the exposure she'd get in a presidential campaign would very quickly kill the notion that she's crazy. Also seems strange that a first-term politician with a lot of really bold ideas wold be considered a "washed-up establishment candidate," but I gather than right-wingers have a very different idea of the establishment than normal people. I would prefer someone younger, though.

I mean, it's two different conceptions of "crazy." I don't think most of the Clinton-hating right wingers genuinely thought Clinton was emotionally imbalanced or cooky, but rather that she was a House of Cards-esque Machiavelli. As far as temperament, Clinton was generally, throughout her career, calm and collected. Warren, on the other hand, does have some of the personality traits often described as "crazy" in females: the sped-up speech, the intense wide-eyed expressions, the often seeming aggravated.

In retrospect, though, one of the funniest and most inexplicable story line in the debates was "Hillary has a secret terminal illness; she's really sick!" and then no one fucking talked about how Trump was sniffling like a fucking coke head in January. No one even thought to reflect on that maybe being a sign that he was sick.

<36>

The sad part is you tools actually believe this. It’s gonna make 2020 all that much more amusing.

A republican would never win an election if the entirecountry voted and the funny part is they know that.

A republican would never win an election if the entirecountry voted and the funny part is they know that.

Or if the entire country could vote. Or even if the part that could vote was itself demographically representative of the public at large.

It takes very particular tailoring to keep the GOP competitive, let alone dominant.

I mean, it's two different conceptions of "crazy." I don't think most of the Clinton-hating right wingers genuinely thought Clinton was emotionally imbalanced or cooky, but rather that she was a House of Cards-esque Machiavelli. As far as temperament, Clinton was generally, throughout her career, calm and collected. Warren, on the other hand, does have some of the personality traits often described as "crazy" in females: the sped-up speech, the intense wide-eyed expressions, the often seeming aggravated.

In retrospect, though, one of the funniest and most inexplicable story line in the debates was "Hillary has a secret terminal illness; she's really sick!" and then no one fucking talked about how Trump was sniffling like a fucking coke head in January. No one even thought to reflect on that maybe being a sign that he was sick.

I don't know. Warren seems super calm to me. Does a great job explaining stuff. I think she's a model of sanity. And, yeah, I don't think anyone really believed the health stuff about Clinton. It was just trolling.

I don't know. Warren seems super calm to me. Does a great job explaining stuff. I think she's a model of sanity. And, yeah, I don't think anyone really believed the health stuff about Clinton. It was just trolling.

Really? Even women that I have talked to agree about her coming off as kind of neurotic.

Now we all know that polls and math in general are fake news that are concocted arbitrarily to further narratives by George Soros: this much was proven after polls in 2016 rendered the most accurate popular vote total projections in modern history, considerably more accurate than in 2012. But this is interesting.

It honestly makes me sick to my snowflake stomach, though, thinking of how much good that could be prevented by a now-staunchly conservative Supreme Court - that otherwise could have been passed through had the Court not been taken over by Republicans.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...00159-745e-d507-abdf-7e7f55750000&nlid=630318

I pray that Ginsburg and breyer step down and Republicans then have 7 seats.

I also pray that they convert hispanics to their platform and run religious social conservative racist politics. The end of liberalism. I jopr the world becomes your worse nightmare facism takes over.

{<jimmies}6<17>

I pray that Ginsburg and breyer step down and Republicans then have 7 seats.

I also pray that they convert hispanics to their platform and run religious social conservative racist politics. The end of liberalism. I jopr the world becomes your worse nightmare facism takes over.

{<jimmies}6<17>

I hope that you choose a more comely profile picture for your next account after this one is banned.

Sanders will destory America, his medicare for all was going to cost 32 trillion and that was only for a 10 year period
And that is going to be five trillion LESS than we are currently projected to spend on healthcare over the same period... didn’t read the fine print there, did ya bubsy?

I think you'd be surprised. Breitbart is the center of the pro-Trump movement. When Trump signed the last omnibus bill in April, Breitbart commentators were very angry that the bill contained no funding for the building of Trump's border wall. They were insulted that the bill specifically forbade funding for the wall. Many people declared they were "done" with Trump at that point. I suspect most of them have returned already, but it shows the sensitivity of Trump's base on that issue. Even if failure to fully deliver on Trump's full immigration platform doesn't cause mass defection of his base, it would certainly be enough to cause Trump to lose the 2020 election. My bets/predictions on Trump's re-election are therefore predicated on Trump delivering on most of his immigration promises.
Trump’s approval numbers have been flat at 42% since the tax cut. His approval dipped 5 puts after the GOP healthcare fiasco. It recovered 5 pts after the tax cut. Literally nothing else has mattered in the broad picture.

Trump doesn't traditionally match up well with any half-likeable candidate, not in a survey atleast, but the real test is whether they can last in a campaign against him.

I truly believe that in a mud-slinging contest it is impossible to beat him, and it's all because there cannot be a scandal big enough to sink him. He has been through too many in the past 30-40 years of his public career.

On the other hand, a single scandal for a traditional political candidate, might be enough to sink their Titanic.

The candidate to beat Trump would have to be either an even more epic bullshitter than he is, or a stern and emotionally controlled person who does not give in to Trump's game at any point.

Trump will win in 2020

I hope that you choose a more comely profile picture for your next account after this one is banned.

Why would i be banned? You have got yellow before to. I made a mistake. Trump will win reelection.

Trump’s approval numbers have been flat at 42% since the tax cut. His approval dipped 5 puts after the GOP healthcare fiasco. It recovered 5 pts after the tax cut. Literally nothing else has mattered in the broad picture.

If 90% of Republicans fully support the Trump agenda. What % of americans is that?

Warren is, in my opinion, a considerably worse orator than Clinton and is only marginally more charismatic. And, unlike Clinton who is generally cool and composed, I could see her getting rattled by the pot shots.

I think she's only mildly worse as orator, considerably more charismatic (which isn't saying much, I know), and moderately less cool under pressure. But the two biggest differences are that-

1) She'll mobilize more people than Hillary did. Her progressive credentials are far stronger so she's more likely to get people excited about a change. Especially after the complete and utter disaster that is Trump. Going from Obama to Hillary was largely seen as a downgrade.

2) She won't face nearly as much venom as Hillary. She'll get the usual insults and put-downs that Obama, Kerry and Gore got, but nothing like what was hurled at Hillary. And they'll have far less material to work with as well. With Hillary it was her ties to the Democratic machine, the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, etc. Warren is comparatively clean. The Pocahontas silliness is really all they got.

Dang?

But i read 42% of americans support him. I guess a ton of peoole do not identify with politics. What % people of totsl country are democrats i wonder

That's just for registered Republicans. If you account for all Republican-leaning voters, it'd probably be like 30%. The next 12% would draw from I's and D's.

That's just for registered Republicans. If you account for all Republican-leaning voters, it'd probably be like 30%. The next 12% would draw from I's and D's.

Thats crazy to me. They are only 30% but control so much of the country. But if they are all behind Trump agenda and loyal that is large %.

Back