Politico poll released 8/22/18 shows Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden leading Donald Trump by 12 pt, 13 pt

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now we all know that polls and math in general are fake news that are concocted arbitrarily to further narratives by George Soros: this much was proven after polls in 2016 rendered the most accurate popular vote total projections in modern history, considerably more accurate than in 2012. But this is interesting.

It honestly makes me sick to my snowflake stomach, though, thinking of how much good that could be prevented by a now-staunchly conservative Supreme Court - that otherwise could have been passed through had the Court not been taken over by Republicans.

The 2020 presidential election is still more than 800 days away, but a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows President Donald Trump with paltry levels of support when matched up with nearly a dozen would-be Democratic opponents.

Against the two best-known candidates — former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) — Trump trails 12 percentage points and is mired in the low 30s. Biden leads Trump, 43 percent to 31 percent, and Sanders’ lead over the president is virtually the same, 44 percent to 32 percent.

Trump also trails Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) — the first-term senator he has mocked as “Pocahontas,” which Warren calls a racial slur — but by a smaller margin, 34 percent to 30 percent. A plurality of voters, 36 percent, are undecided.

In fact, the poll shows that a plurality — or, in some cases, a majority — of voters are undecided in Trump matchups against the other eight Democrats tested: Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.); New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo; Montana Gov. Steve Bullock; Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.); former Attorney General Eric Holder and Michael Avenatti, the ubiquitous cable-news presence and attorney for Stephanie Clifford, the adult-film actress whom Trump’s then-attorney, Michael Cohen, admitted paying off to ensure her silence in the closing days of the 2016 presidential campaign

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...00159-745e-d507-abdf-7e7f55750000&nlid=630318

I don't care either way who wins but I really hope Biden runs. The attack ads based on his creepy pedophile videos and the memes of him will be entertaining. It's going to get very nasty if he runs.

Trump doesn't traditionally match up well with any half-likeable candidate, not in a survey atleast, but the real test is whether they can last in a campaign against him.

I truly believe that in a mud-slinging contest it is impossible to beat him, and it's all because there cannot be a scandal big enough to sink him. He has been through too many in the past 30-40 years of his public career.

On the other hand, a single scandal for a traditional political candidate, might be enough to sink their Titanic.

The candidate to beat Trump would have to be either an even more epic bullshitter than he is, or a stern and emotionally controlled person who does not give in to Trump's game at any point.

I doubt Biden can make it through the primaries.

The Democratic primaries are going to be a shitshow just like the Republican primaries last time. I think there will be even more than 17 candidates this time.

Trump doesn't traditionally match up well with any half-likeable candidate, not in a survey atleast, but the real test is whether they can last in a campaign against him.

I truly believe that in a mud-slinging contest it is impossible to beat him, and it's all because there cannot be a scandal big enough to sink him. He has been through too many in the past 30-40 years of his public career.

On the other hand, a single scandal for a traditional political candidate, might be enough to sink their Titanic.

The candidate to beat Trump would have to be either an even more epic bullshitter than he is, or a stern and emotionally controlled person who does not give in to Trump's game at any point.
I see what you see, though I'll note that it's always possible for Trump to commit political suicide by abandoning his base on immigration/trade.

I doubt Biden can make it through the primaries.

The Democratic primaries are going to be a shitshow just like the Republican primaries last time. I think there will be even more than 17 candidates this time.
I think that would be good for the part in terms of getting priorities in terms of messaging and shit aligned- something that we lost in the last primary- all Clinton did in response to Bernie is try a few way too rehearsed, focused grouped lines. "I'm a progressive who gets things done" caused the average debate viewer to groan louder than me finding that perfect "step mom and her friend wake sleeping son" video on xhamster

I see what you see, though I'll note that it's always possible for Trump to commit political suicide by abandoning his base on immigration/trade.
I don't think that is how it would go down if he did lose favor - because the base doesn't really give a fuck beyond the symbolic and he's got those down with wall building and picking trade fights and calling a victory after taxpayer funded bailouts and backing down with no gains.

If their was an election tomorrow and the entire country voted Dump would lose miserably.

Ah, the polls. The math, the numbers. All from our very trusted sources.

Elizabeth warren, for sure man, can beat Trump. Absolutely. LOL.

You'll be banned again before 2020 when Trump wins again.

If their was an election tomorrow and the entire country voted Dump would lose miserably.

For sure, our trusted sources tell us so. Some guy on this forum said Hillary would win by 300 plus electoral votes, he is one of the smartest guys here. The smartest, the best, the most intelligent and well read.

For sure, our trusted sources tell us so. Some guy on this forum said Hillary would win by 300 plus electoral votes, he is one of the smartest guys here. The smartest, the best, the most intelligent and well read.

If the country all voted tomorrow he would get starched. Those 3 million other voters would be tens million more. I’d wager he’d lose 60/40 or even worse.

I don't think that is how it would go down if he did lose favor - because the base doesn't really give a fuck beyond the symbolic and he's got those down with wall building and picking trade fights and calling a victory after taxpayer funded bailouts and backing down with no gains.

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion, Trump won the Republican primary against all odds primarily because of policy differences with his opponents. The favorites (Bush, Rubio) could not credibly challenge Trump on immigration, which was Trump's main issue and an issue of great importance to Republicans. Of course, Trump also benefitted from a huge and diluted field of opponents, the fact that his opponents did not take him seriously until it was almost too late, the fact that he usually comes out neutral or better in one-on-one exchanges, the fact that he was a political outsider, and the fact that he appeared willing to say whatever entered his mind rather than putting his thoughts through the filter of political correctness.

Sanders will destory America, his medicare for all was going to cost 32 trillion and that was only for a 10 year period

We need a populist left figure who can talk sense and has likeable policies to win the nomination. Also, one who isn't loathe by half the population. Bernie seems to be the strongest nominee for me, but the DNC are a bunch of oblivious fuck ups, and i don't trust them to get out of their own way.

Affordable universal healthcare
Affordable college
Get rid of for profit prisons
Take money out of politics
Invest in our infrastructure (more jobs)
Protect our environment
Decrease bloated military budget
Strong unions
Legalize certain drugs
Liveable wage

All policies most people are in favor of. He should win on substance alone

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion, Trump won the Republican primary against all odds primarily because of policy differences with his opponents. The favorites (Bush, Rubio) could not credibly challenge Trump on immigration, which was Trump's main issue and an issue of great importance to Republicans. Of course, Trump also benefitted from a huge and diluted field of opponents, the fact that his opponents did not take him seriously until it was almost too late, the fact that he usually comes out neutral or better in one-on-one exchanges, the fact that he was a political outsider, and the fact that he appeared willing to say whatever entered his mind rather than putting his thoughts through the filter of political correctness.
I'm not saying that the base doesn't care about those things, but that what the base considers a win on those things won't be hard for him to deliver.

Trump got a pass for his lies because they were unfiltered lies, eh?

I like this theory.

Much like other swine, Trump feels completely at home covered in piss and shit and in fact seeks this lifestyle actively in his personal life.

As for the actual poll in question, someone ping me when the RCP or other poll aggregates say the same thing. No point to listen to any single poll when we can do better.

Sanders will destory America, his medicare for all was going to cost 32 trillion and that was only for a 10 year period
Did you miss the part where people won't pay health insurance anymore and it is likely to be a wash with overall healthcare costs?

That's way cheaper than our current system by 17 trillion dollars and covers everyone. And that was with a conservative estimate skewed by the koch brothers, its actually cheaper than that.

No more high deductions, no more bankruptcies caused by healthcare bills, lowered drug prices, no more middle man aka insurance companies price gouging us. More people paying into healthcare lowers cost for all. You should actually look into the context of the study.

That's like complaining about a 32k 2019 Prius when you're driving and still paying for a 47k old Ford pinto.

Back