Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Political harassment?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Shr3dd3r, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

Harassment may be a bit of an exaggeration.
    But at work, my office is pretty much hard liberals all around. I am right leaning libertarian. I went into an office room to ask a question about work, and they were crowded around a computer watching the election updates. They asked who I'm hoping for. I said I'm not really into politics. They started joking I must be DT (Donald Trump) and started laughing. I said oh nah, I'm more JJ (Jo Jorgensen). They thought I was crazy and started talking about how I wasted my vote and that I should have at least contributed to Biden. She pointed to the 1% that voted JJ and said that 1% could have turned the tide in some states for Biden. I said yea... I'm not really gonna vote Biden just because he's not Trump. "He can't be any worse than Trump !!!" I'm not gonna vote Biden just because he's not Trump. Then I was somewhat surrounded and started getting nearly interrogated about why I didn't use my vote for Biden and started getting mocked for my political affiliation. I felt extremely uncomfortable. They were joking at first, but they started getting pretty passionate and assertive about it.

I don't think republicans would have been this hostile. And people always associate conservatives with hate groups, but I could really feel the hate from the left wing today at work.

Ornife, Kandyland, Pinyin and 8 others like this.
  2. StoneColdSteveAustin Yellow Card Yellow Card

Imagine telling a room full of people you’re a libertarian. The shame.

3. koquerelle Silver Belt

"I don't think republicans would have been this hostile." I don't know. There are many assholes on both side of the fence. I agree though that it must suck. Less and less people respect differing opinions and it's a shame.

4. Curmudgeon Black Belt

None of that happened.

5. Milton_Gracie The New and Improved Starman

Tell them to go fuck themselves

Also... it’s been reported that votes for Jorgensen actually tilted the electoral to Biden in some states

Pinyin, M3t4tr0n and Shr3dd3r like this.
  6. ToxicShocker Silver Belt

You did waste your vote though

7. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

It happened around 4 hours ago before I left work. I'll choose not to play the "it didn't happen", "yes it did happen" game.

8. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

I didn't even.

9. Curmudgeon Black Belt

Of course it didn't.

10. Milton_Gracie The New and Improved Starman

Lol

11. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

No comment

12. Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

I wanted to. But I work with them everyday. Gonna stay as neutral as possible in the workplace.

Big Brain likes this.
  13. EXOICHO Black Belt

The idiots will vote who's the least worst pedophile for the rest of their lives. Who cares? They're literally happy to vote between two guys on the verge of going senile that both have dogshit policy. Imagine voting for a guy that sniffs little girls on tv

Oktagon Kontro1 likes this.
  14. K1levelgrappler Black Belt

Your coworkers are right to laugh at you

Strategery likes this.
  15. Milton_Gracie The New and Improved Starman

Well, whatever bullshit they’re spewing your way are ultimately manifestations of their own problems and have nothing to do with you

16. Don the grifter White Belt

In the academic environment I'm in, half the people I'm around are afraid to voice their politics. Even the quite moderate, left leaning ones just shut their mouths. There are petitions circulating the department that are signed by everyone, with at least a 25% of the people signing them not wanting to but being afraid of the consequences if they don't. There is a literal environment of fear of stepping out of line in institutions which are supposedly built around free and experimental thought.

The irony was that when I was working construction to save up some cash for my education, all the high school educated Conservative voters would call you and asshole and a dipshit if you voted NDP (left leaning) and then go out for a beer with you after. Hell, I still see a lot of these guys, and they're the same old same old, usually ragging on me for putting on weight and having soft hands and being a "liberal pussy," but perfectly willing to accept people they don't agree with. I wish the academy was as open to disagreement as the construction environments I used to work in.

All of that "I must excise (people who hold the wrong politics) from my life!" shit you hear about on twitter is far, far too real.

17. Milton_Gracie The New and Improved Starman

I don’t believe you

18. Don the grifter White Belt

@Milton_Gracie

A reasonable response concerning anonymous forum posts. It is absolutely true, though I really don't expect many to know how fucking bad it is in the academy right now. Disbelieve as you please.

Milton_Gracie likes this.
  19. HARRISON_3 Steel Belt

Lol @ this made up story

20. Milton_Gracie The New and Improved Starman

What kind of academy are you talking about? Jiujitsu academy?