Crime Police in Louisville raid wrong house (alleges victim's family), killing a 26 year old EMT (Breonna)

No, I told someone to kill themselves by drinking bleach in some other thread and they got offended.

Given how often I do that, it was only a matter of time.
What kind of upsidedown world do we live in when medical advice will net a guy dubs?

o_O

As I have said repeatedly on here, no knock warrants get people killed. What a cluster fuck.

I wish we'd just increase officer pay to obscene levels and simultaneously prosecute malfeasance (including things like body cams being turned off during questionable arrests/shoots) with borderline unreasonable severity. Compensate the good ones but let the shitbirds know they'll hang.

Seems entirely dependent on whether or not they knocked or identified themselves. I'm leaning towards no, since it doesn't make much sense that the guy would shoot at cops if it was the wrong house and they had done nothing wrong. Shooting at cops is a last ditch thing when you know you're fucked if they take you in.
To me, whether they knocked or not tends a bit toward red herring. As others have pointed out, there are plenty of valid reasons why someone might miss them identifying themselves as police including sleep, listening to music, watching TV/movies, etc.

I think the more egregious transgression here is their intelligence failure. OK maybe they had their sights set on a very violent criminal. Then why the hell are they kicking on these people's door? Complete and utter incompetence.

Fucking horrible. These no knock warrants need to go. I'm very much a supporter of law enforcement but this kind of thing is garbage.

Question: when real home-invaders bust into a place, do they aver scream out "POLICE WE HAVE A WARRANT." Because that would be a great way of getting the upperhand on an armed home-owner.

Since that is the case, why should an armed homeowner be expected to lay down their weapons when they hear those words?
That's actually a tactic of "jackers" who rob drug dealers they perceive to be weak. It's a way to gain access into the home and get compliance in the initial moments of a heist.

All the shooting was in the house. He is saying that had the guy known cops were at the door he would have let them in, but he had no way of knowing they were their because they did not knock and did not announce themselves. Instead, the busted down the door and charged in.

I've read the actual article's since the initial post and saw that they went at night. It's possible that the police did knock as they claim, but the bf didn't hear because of his sleep - would still be self defense in my view, but not nearly as bad on the cops as just busting in unannounced.

I got the impression there was no knock but plenty of barge in done here.

It's hard to tell what all happened when the cops are executing warrants at 1 am. Not sure how that ever became an acceptable idea.

Honestly, why are all Murkan cops trained like they're members of SEAL Team 6 nowadays?

Seems like any interaction you have with an officer theres at least a 60% chance of you getting killed. Its funny how posters here make fun of UK policemen without guns trying to subdue people. but at least UKerrs arent getting their doors smashed in with battering rams or gunned down with flash bangs and ARs.
Because everyone is a potential criminal so we need to be treated as potentially dangerous suspects. Im not joking.

Jeez.. If I lived in the US I would install metal grates inside all doors and windows.

This seems to be typical for USA police.
They are ussually shooting before they even know if someone is armed, or even before they know if they got the right home.
The fact that your police is this scared and paranoid is because there are more guns in the USA then people.
As long as you people want your guns, you have to be ok with the fact that your kids, familymembers and friends will be killed for no reason, by police who are paranoid about people with guns, as they should be.

Truth. Living in a country with so many guns isn't a good thing because inevitably innocent people are going to be shot and killed. I get it's part of American culture to own guns, but at some point the future generations will have to choose what they think is more important.

Last edited:
I've read the actual article's since the initial post and saw that they went at night. It's possible that the police did knock as they claim, but the bf didn't hear because of his sleep - would still be self defense in my view, but not nearly as bad on the cops as just busting in unannounced.

oh so they (the police) claim. Why would they request a No-Knock Warrant but then end up knocking?... And choose 1AM as the time to execute the warrant?

The most reasonable explanation is they didn't knock and lied on their report about knocking. Neither the bf nor the neighbors heard/saw the cops knock.

Last edited:

the Police didn’t knock or even announced themselves as the police. Stop defending these idiots.

oh so they (the police) claim. Why would they request a No-Knock Warrant but then end up knocking?... And choose 1AM as the time to execute the warrant?

The most reasonable explanation is they didn't knock and lied on their report about knocking. Neither the bf nor the neighbors heard of saw the cops knock.

I've not read that it was in fact a no knock warrant - only speculation that is was. And yes, I said the cops claimed. I was just pointing out the even when the police knock they don't exactly knock and wait so they could be telling the truth about knocking.... I mean why lie about it if it was a no-knock warrant like you claim?

And I've remarked about the time myself.

I've not read that it was in fact a no knock warrant - only speculation that is was. And yes, I said the cops claimed. I was just pointing out the even when the police knock they don't exactly knock and wait so they could be telling the truth about knocking.... I mean why lie about it if it was a no-knock warrant like you claim?

And I've remarked about the time myself.

Why do cops lie??? To cover their fuckin' ass obviously. There are no body cameras or neighborhood camera to catch the action so it's a "he said/she said" scenario and a cop's statement will always weight more in a court when there are no supporting evidence to say so...

and yes it was a no-knock warrant approved by a judge... but the police report claim they did knock. there are plenty of articles that mention it.

OK, you were there and know exactly what happened. Thanks for the info.

you need to read the rest of the thread and catch up.. All this has been covered already.

From what we know the cops royally fucked up.

And here you are making excuses for them because you don't have the whole picture.

Back