Crime Police doesn't believe clean cut black man doesn't smoke weed, pulls him over for Air Freshener

he got pulled over for a hanging object, the air freshener happened to be that object.

Exactly. This is a stoppable offense in every state I have ever lived in. Many years ago, for this very reason, I went from the hanging air freshener to that stone looking thing you put under the seat.

But I also know that in some cities if a guy is flying the green (specifically) pine tree from his rear view mirror - particularly if he is driving a higher end, luxury car - it means he sells weed and/or other drugs. I am guessing this is what the cop was working off here.

people do get pulled over for things hanging in the rear view mirror. they say it can obstruct your view... it's bullshit but it alone is not profiling...

why couldn't this square just get the hint, this officer was just trying to sell some weed and get back home to his family

This is scary, this guy reminds me of myself no attitude, mellow demeanor, clean cut doesn't smoke weed, or do drugs, yet the officer still doesn't believe him and says he is deceiving him and trying to get him to admit to smoking weed. Im just glad the officer didnt plant a joint or some cocaine on his car and shoot him after to set him up. Good thing the man filmed it.

This is really racial profiling here he claims he says that to everyone yeah right so you accuse random people of smoking joints and dont believe them when they say they dont or then you check the car there is no drugs or weapons and you still tell him listen man be honest if you got a joint just say so.

Yeah, that's bullshit and the guy should at least entertain a filing an official complaint(I don't think a lawsuit would be all that fruitful).

If for nothing else though, that should serve as an example of how to deal with a bullshit traffic stop. Don't get all edgy and defiant, and escalate the situation. Just calmly go through the motions with the cop. That stop could've gone a lot differently if the driver was some try hard moron.

Man knows a thing or two about glossy eyes.

15421013_744895745659209_4134040456835149627_n.png

Why was he filming? Obviously he was just trying to provoke a reaction from the officer. He wanted views on YouTube. Punk should have just complied.

Exactly. Not only that but his ‘air freshener’ could have been an ‘assault’ style variant.

Exactly. Not only that but his ‘air freshener’ could have been an ‘assault’ style variant.
Air fresheners should be considered drug paraphernalia

He played it really smart. I'm 100% convinced that dirtbag was going to try to plant something.

Kept his hands visible on the wheel so the cop had no excuse about seeing his hands. Asked to reach for the glove box and again to unfasten his seatbelt. No consent for a search.

Good job.

Always always start recording if you get pulled over.
I 100%:do that, and have done so for 20 years whether in Canada or the US.

'Officer, the ownership is in the glovebox, may I open it and retrieve it?'

That said I would have likely consented to the search knowing I have nothing to hide and not weary of him planting anything. I'll have to rethink that now.

These are the instances where profiling makes sense... THE COP LOOKS LIKE THE KIND OF GOOF THAT WOULD PULL THIS SHIT

So dumb, I've been accused of shit too because of the way I look due to having long hair. Little bitch ass security guard thinking I'm stealing from the liquor store. Laughed in his face. All you can do.
Being falsely accused of theft and humiliated in public like that can earn you lots of compensation in many countries

Air fresheners should be considered drug paraphernalia

I agree. It’s possible this guy was using the air freshener to disguise the smell of drugs and throw off the K9’s as well.

I 100%:do that, and have done so for 20 years whether in Canada or the US.

'Officer, the ownership is in the glovebox, may I open it and retrieve it?'

That said I would have likely consented to the search knowing I have nothing to hide and not weary of him planting anything. I'll have to rethink that now.

I exercise my right to say no. I don't buy into the "if you have nothing to hide" rhetoric. My property is allowed to be private. Whether or not I expect a cop to plant shit.

I'm white and I had a "special police" aka drugs and alcohol for college cop pull up behind me while I was waiting for my friends to come out of their apartment to go downtown. He saw the grass from my cleats on my floorboard and said it was weed. I laughed and said it was grass from my cleats. He made us sit there for almost two hours then made me do 50 pushups and "let us go". I was completely sober and didn't smoke weed at all. He was eventually fired like a year later for misconduct. lol

Has it always been illegal to have shit hanging from the rearview? Those airfreshners are common items sold at gas stations and obviously made for hanging.

Insane that we're wasting all that time on the possibility of finding weed in 2019.

These are the exact kinds of stops that start as nothing and can end with the black guy getting shot or arrested for absolute bullshit.
The cop asked him like 10 times about weed. Had him waiting for like a half hour. Asked him to step out of the car. Told him he felt like he was being deceptive and looked agitated and like he was under the influence. Wanted him to do a sobriety test.
How long is the citizen supposed to remain calm and cool with a guy that is LOOKING to piss him off? The moment the black guy shows some irritation or anger, the cop can then go into have an excuse to up his aggression. It's bullshit.
It's easy to say "just comply", but how many times are we expected to smile through obvious horseshit like this with a "yessa masta"?

Has it always been illegal to have shit hanging from the rearview? Those airfreshners are common items sold at gas stations and obviously made for hanging.

Insane that we're wasting all that time on the possibility of finding weed in 2019.

These are the exact kinds of stops that start as nothing and can end with the black guy getting shot or arrested for absolute bullshit.
The cop asked him like 10 times about weed. Had him waiting for like a half hour. Asked him to step out of the car. Told him he felt like he was being deceptive and looked agitated and like he was under the influence. Wanted him to do a sobriety test.
How long is the citizen supposed to remain calm and cool with a guy that is LOOKING to piss him off? The moment the black guy shows some irritation or anger, the cop can then go into have an excuse to up his aggression. It's bullshit.
It's easy to say "just comply", but how many times are we expected to smile through obvious horseshit like this with a "yessa masta"?
We have so many laws in this country that all of us can be stopped at any time and accused and likely convicted of a crime. People forget that.

Land of the Free TM

this guy is itching to ruin someone's life

He played it really smart. I'm 100% convinced that dirtbag was going to try to plant something.

Kept his hands visible on the wheel so the cop had no excuse about seeing his hands. Asked to reach for the glove box and again to unfasten his seatbelt. No consent for a search.

Good job.

Always always start recording if you get pulled over.

Guy admits to smoking pot. Cop says he looks high and makes him take a drug test. He fails and the cop gives him a DUI.

Back