Law Police chief fired after leaked tape. He boasts about killing people, uses N word and anti-gay slurs

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- White Police Chief Sam Dobbins was recorded boasting of killing 13 people, including shooting a Black man 113 times. He claims all were justified.

- Chief also uses the N word in the recording to describe the people he was up against.

- Used homophobic slurs

- 80% of the town is Black

- Recording was done by the Black cop the Chief was talking to. Black cop resigned stating it was a toxic atmosphere.

- 2 of town's board voted against firing the Chief. One is White and the other is Black.

- According to the Mississippi Center for Investigative Reporting, there is a pattern of the police abusing people.

-----

A police chief in Mississippi was fired Wednesday after a leaked recording showed that the official had bragged about killing 13 people in the line of duty and used the n-word repeatedly, including to describe one Black person the White man says he shot at least 119 times.

The racist, homophobic and expletive-laden remarks that Sam Dobbins, the chief in the small town of Lexington, made during an April conversation with an officer caused an uproar this week in the Mississippi Delta community.

“I’ve killed 13 men in my career, justified,” he said, according to the recording. “In my line of duty, I have shot and killed 13 different people.”

While describing an alleged shootout in a cornfield, Dobbins claimed to Hooker that he “saved 67 kids in a school” by shooting a Black man more than 100 times.

“I shot that n----- 119 times, okay?” Dobbins said to Hooker, adding that the man he shot was “DRT,” or “dead right there.” It’s unclear what case he’s referencing, but Dobbins reiterated, “The vehicle was shot 319 times, but he was hit 119 times by me.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/21/mississippi-police-chief-recording-fired-dobbins/

----

Mississippi police chief fired after leaked audio of slurs, shootings

“I shot that n—– 119 times, OK?” the man in the recording states.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...-fired-after-leaked-audio-of-slurs-shootings/

---

In that recording, the supervising officer can be heard using slurs toward those Black or gay and telling another officer, “I don’t give a f--- if you kill a motherf---er in cold blood.”

JULIAN Founder Jill Collen Jefferson said she knows Dobbins well, and that it is definitely his voice. She said the tape reflects a pattern of behavior Lexington police that residents have shared in community meetings, detailing more than a dozen complaints against police.

Lifelong resident Shirley Gibson accused police of breaking into her house on Dec. 2. “An officer caught me by my neck, slung me on the ground, they Maced me not once but twice, they jumped on my son, they hit him, they stomped on his feet,” she told WLBT. “I’m very terrified because this isn’t the first time they did this. They did not have a search warrant.”

When the subject arises of him talking to someone, he responded with homophobic slurs, “I don’t talk to f---ing queers, I don’t talk to f---ing fa——s.”

https://www.mississippicir.org/news/mississippi-police-chief-linked-to-racist-recording

--

The town did the right thing, though they really had no choice due to the very damming nature of the comments and it all being on tape. No doubt many of they realized this guy is a financial liability.

Chief may very well have been justified in killing the 13 people - assuming he is actually telling the truth about how many people he killed and the circumstances. BUT ..... considering his language and the comment about not giving an F about killing someone, one has to wonder how many innocent people, especially Black folks, has this guy abused? How many trumped up charges has he created? His whole arrest record , cases and career needs to be investigated by the DOJ.

Cancel culture incoming for this fine upstanding productive member of society. Can't even be police anymore.
war on heroes in blue is disgusting; racism is an antiquated relic used by people who have all the advantgaes guys like me will never get!!!!!

war on heroes in blue is disgusting; racism is an antiquated relic used by people who have all the advantgaes guys like me will never get!!!!!
Turn the police against the people, then turn around and turn the people against the police. With no common enemies, we always fall back to fighting with each other.

Good thing you identified him as white one word into your post. That was very helpful.
Wonder how the thread would evolve if color was never mentioned, or just as a test if the color or ethnicity of the Chief was changed to Black, Asian or Hispanic. Would everyone still condemn him equally. Personally, I don't think it matters. The actions themselves are justification enough. His race is immaterial, or at least should be but this is the world we live in and color/race have more importance than they ever should have.

Last edited:
Wonder how the thread would evolve if color was never mentioned, or just as a test if the color or ethnicity of the Chief was changed to Black, Asian or Hispanic. Would everyone still condemn him equally. Personally, I don't think it matters. The actions themselves are justification enough. His race is immaterial, or at least should be but this is the world we live in and color/race have more importance than they ever should have.

Agreed. A shitty person is a shitty person no matter what identity group they belong to.

"the vehicle was shot 319 times, but he was hit 119 times by me"

How does a cop shoot a guy 119 times? How many clips is that? 5? At what point can cops no longer claim that that it is adrenaline or training to not stop firing until the subject is no longer a threat?

"the vehicle was shot 319 times, but he was hit 119 times by me"

How does a cop shoot a guy 119 times? How many clips is that? 5? At what point can cops no longer claim that that it is adrenaline or training to not stop firing until the subject is no longer a threat?
Also how does he know he shot the suspect 119 unless he kept firing after everyone else stopped.

What a terrible human being. Should be jailed.

Lol 119 times . He must have been fucking strapped. Seriously was he like super wasted when this recording was made? Why would anyone make such a ridiculous claim?

Cops like this get treated horribly by the communities that they serve so they end up carrying alot of anger and hatred. I imagine this cop was on the receiving end of hundreds of racial slurs himself. And the cycle continues.

ng-Copy.png

Cops like this get treated horribly by the communities that they serve so they end up carrying alot of anger and hatred. I imagine this cop was on the receiving end of hundreds of racial slurs himself. And the cycle continues.
He's such a victim

Back