Police Body Cam Records Moments Before Murder

KnockoutsGalore

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Flagstaff police have released the body cam video of a 24 year old rookie cop responding to a domestic disturbance call. He speaks with a 28 year old man for around 3 minutes before attempting to find out what was in his pockets. At that point, the person pulls a 6 shot revolver and lands 4 shots to the cop's head. 10 seconds later, the 28 year old pulls the cop's .40 caliber handgun and shoots himself once in the head in the driveway. The video ends right before a gun is drawn, but the full video will be shown in court in a hearing about the handling of the call.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...staff-officer-shot-searched-suspect/21526819/

As is said in the video, understanding that these are the last second's of a young man's life make the video difficult to watch, but it also shows how quickly every single call a cop is on can turn fatal.

That's messed up

inb4 the obligatory "if only he had a gun to defend himself"

Just to shoot himself afterwards.

RIP to the 5-0. He was too young.

My good friend's dad was killed during a routine traffic stop. As soon as he got to the window, the driver shot him through the door.

When I was at Gamestop, one of my regular customers was local PD and it hurt when we found out he was killed responding to a drunk and disorderly at a Walmart. He was walking towards the guy, who pulled a gun shot him point blank.

I just don't think cops can afford to give people benefit of the doubt if they reach for something when a cop is talking to them.

Just to shoot himself afterwards.

RIP to the 5-0. He was too young.

Should've just done it in the bedroom when he knew the cop was there. Why take someone with you? I just don't understand it.

Just proof of how dangerous their job is. RIP, and condolences to his family.

Pretty horrendous. Shooting a cop over a domestic abuse investigation is crazy.

And that is why reaching for your waist band will get you shot. Seconds are the difference between going home in the driver's seat and going in a box.

Pretty horrendous. Shooting a cop over a domestic abuse investigation is crazy.

Domestic disputes are some of the most dangerous and unpredictable situations you can attend. You can very quickly go from trying to defend a battered spouse to fighting off two people with home field advantage.

Should've just done it in the bedroom when he knew the cop was there. Why take someone with you? I just don't understand it.

It's not like we're dealing with the most intelligent specimen here.

Anyone with half a brain would have left/hid the gun in the house before going outside to talk to the cop. It's highly unlikely he or anyone else would turn the place inside out with a search over a domestic dispute, even if he's arrested.

So then the cop goes to search him, guy realizes he has a weapon (probably illegal/stolen/not allowed to have weapons, etc) and doesn't want to go to jail, so he shoots the cop.

Then he realizes he's fucked for life, possible death penality (Arizona), so the moron just offs himself.

I mean, if he wanted to just kill the cop he could have prior to that, I don't think he came out of the house with that intention, just once he started getting searched he realized he was in some trouble and reacted, and then realizing he's really fucked he kills himself. Senseless tradgedy because of 1 moron.

It's crazy, the US is dealing with all these shootings and deaths of unarmed, non-complaint suspects, but this just goes to show you how something like this can happen in a matter of a couple seconds. Officers only have mere seconds to react when people start reaching.

Last edited:
Domestic disputes are some of the most dangerous and unpredictable situations you can attend. You can very quickly go from trying to defend a battered spouse to fighting off two people with home field advantage.

I understand that, but this situation seems odd. Unless I'm mistaken, the officer was called to the place by the shooter, in response to an earlier attempt the officer made to locate him. This would imply it was premeditated.

such a senseless death would haunt me for the rest of my life if he was one of my loved ones.

I understand that, but this situation seems odd. Unless I'm mistaken, the officer was called to the place by the shooter, in response to an earlier attempt the officer made to locate him. This would imply it was premeditated.

Searching for logic in the mind of someone crazy enough to murder a cop for no apparent reason is a lot like searching for logic on sherdog. An excercise is futility.

It's not like we're dealing with the most intelligent specimen here.

Anyone with half a brain would have left/hid the gun in the house before going outside to talk to the cop. It's highly unlikely he or anyone else would turn the place inside out with a search over a domestic dispute, even if he's arrested.

So then the cop goes to search him, guy realizes he has a weapon (probably illegal/stolen/not allowed to have weapons, etc) and doesn't want to go to jail, so he shoots the cop.

Then he realizes he's fucked for life, possible death penality (Arizona), so the moron just offs himself.

I mean, if he wanted to just kill the cop he could have prior to that, I don't think he came out of the house with that intention, just once he started getting searched he realized he was in some trouble and reacted, and then realizing he's really fucked he kills himself. Senseless tradgedy because of 1 moron.

It's crazy, the US is dealing with all these shootings and deaths of unarmed, non-complaint suspects, but this just goes to show you how something like this can happen in a matter of a couple seconds. Officers only have mere seconds to react when people start reaching.

I'm not sure about what kind of people are restricted from owning firearms in Arizona, but I know you can concealed carry without a permit. I think the guy was just a nut that felt he'd spent too much time on earth.

Searching for logic in the mind of someone crazy enough to murder a cop for no apparent reason is a lot like searching for logic on sherdog. An excercise is futility.

Lol. Just trying to get a good idea of the extent of the crazy. Not searching for any logic.

Twenty four years old....smh. His family must be going through hell right now.

This particular police officer didn't appear to show any ill intent, and having no knowledge of the ways he may have harmed the general public he is supposed to protect, it seems quite a sad state of affairs on the surface.

I honestly don't know how life could go on for me if someone had done that to my son/brother, etc.

Back