Police arrest and violate UFC verteran dave hermans right on video

Sure looks like it. And it has cost him this fan. I have no tolerance for those people.

I wonder if this incident last year played any role in the mind of the cop? Not that he felt threatened but maybe raising the hostility factor some and then Herman thinking he has a right to 3 forms of ID

Sovereign Citizens Are America

come on irish according to reports? half of that article is debunked by the video alone.. bullshit mma website clickbait

These people are notorious cop-baiter who think they can opt out of society and invent laws that they think everyone has to follow. i.e three forms of id.

irish are you really that bored you wanna play the "do you know your job" game with me? i know what a sovereign citizen is i was retired in 2007 before this was an issue and no i have never heard of it until i was retired or ever incurred an altercation with one.

Jesus, these Sovereign Citizen types are thick.

How many times does this have to happen for them to realize that their bullshit games don't work in the real world?

cops (for the most part must have shield and police issued ID) the 3 id thing as far as i know is fiction... in the video before he is tased he is complying and is tased for no real reason in the video he says "id" not 3 forms ... its not out of the ordinary .. even for a uniformed police officer inn a marked car to be asked to show his police issued id .. and being tased for asking is complete bullshit

He turns around briefly and then turns back around repeatedly.

They also don't start filming till halfway through the interaction. We have no idea, on camera, why the cops are there. Cops don't generally start shit at what seems to be a gas station.

These people are notorious cop-baiter who think they can opt out of society and invent laws that they think everyone has to follow. i.e three forms of id.

again whether he was a sovereign citizen or a pink candy shitting unicorn i dont know or really care... from the video and reports (not mma clickbait sites) he was complying and making a completely reasonable request for ID.. stop taking his party or group affiliation after the fact into consideration .. thats like my making an arrest and making some judgement on the person according to them being a black panther or Muslim etc...

It's probably a good idea to get on your knee's when a cop tells you to. It sucks, especially when you've done nothing wrong, but it might save you from the humiliation of being handcuffed and arrested.

irish are you really that bored you wanna play the "do you know your job" game with me? i know what a sovereign citizen is i was retired in 2007 before this was an issue and no i have never heard of it until i was retired or ever incurred an altercation with one.

Wasn't playing the do you know your job. It was a legit question. The majority of people are not aware of the dangers that they represent. I was only going on references you made. You said you were retired, but I didn't know when. You said you don't know about all this sovereign citizen nonsense. I wasn't sure if you weren't aware of them or weren't sure if it was a factor here. That's why I asked.

again whether he was a sovereign citizen or a pink candy shitting unicorn i dont know or really care... from the video and reports (not mma clickbait sites) he was complying and making a completely reasonable request for ID.. stop taking his party or group affiliation after the fact into consideration .. thats like my making an arrest and making some judgement on the person according to them being a black panther or Muslim etc...

The junkie article was taken right from the police forces facebook site. And they aren't a political affiliation or group. They are anti-government extremests.

He turns around briefly and then turns back around repeatedly.

there were no less than 2-3 cops on him guns and or tasers pointed from safe distance... people turn around instinctively to talk .. if you are saying the cop tased him based on that simple actions thank god he wasn't shot since that cop clearly needs a to go backl to the academy and relearn levels of threat and shoot dont shoot situations and scenarios..

I have always liked Dave Herman, but he and his wife seem like nutters to me after watching this. Mainly based on their incorrect assumption about three forms of ID. Badge, uniform, name tag, police ID, in a marked cruiser-all forms of ID. The way they were so insistent seems almost like sovereign citizen tactics, and they fucking knew they were cops, they just wanted to play stupid games-and you know what you win. That's what they talked about for three miles-which could have been solved with pulling over-"car trouble? Anything I can do to help?"

The way Dave(a large man) got out of the vehicle and charged back towards them insisting on 3 forms of id after refusing to pull over for several miles would be setting off warning signals. If I am legitimately not wanting to pull over until I have a safe location, that's fine-but stay in the car and explain or call 911 and explain why you are not pulling over "I have my infant son in the vehicle and I am afraid to pull over on the side of a highway-driving to next exit or safe spot to stop."

I don't think there was any reason to use a taser, but failing to pull over when signaled by police will escalate a situation when you add non compliance at the end. I am a big proponent of using verbal skills to explain my actions and why I am doing what I am doing. In most cases, it will ease tensions and yield results-maybe not with someone intent on "exercising their rights" which in these circles tends to mean being an ass for the purpose of a youtube video.

we do not live in a military state its ok to say no to a search and ask for id .. i dont understand or believe the war room actually defending the police when theres dozens of threads dammning them for less

I have always liked Dave Herman, but he and his wife seem like nutters to me after watching this. Mainly based on their incorrect assumption about three forms of ID. Badge, uniform, name tag, police ID, in a marked cruiser-all forms of ID. The way they were so insistent seems almost like sovereign citizen tactics, and they fucking knew they were cops, they just wanted to play stupid games-and you know what you win. That's what they talked about for three miles-which could have been solved with pulling over-"car trouble? Anything I can do to help?"

The way Dave(a large man) got out of the vehicle and charged back towards them insisting on 3 forms of id after refusing to pull over for several miles would be setting off warning signals. If I am legitimately not wanting to pull over until I have a safe location, that's fine-but stay in the car and explain or call 911 and explain why you are not pulling over "I have my infant son in the vehicle and I am afraid to pull over on the side of a highway-driving to next exit or safe spot to stop."

I don't think there was any reason to use a taser, but failing to pull over when signaled by police will escalate a situation when you add non compliance at the end. I am a big proponent of using verbal skills to explain my actions and why I am doing what I am doing. In most cases, it will ease tensions and yield results-maybe not with someone intent on "exercising their rights" which in these circles tends to mean being an ass for the purpose of a youtube video.

i agree his wife etc seem like a bit extreme etc... but that being said we are trained to handle those types.. these cops handled it wrong...

The video should tell the story in one continuous piece without cuts. Emotional commentary spliced in between is deceptive and manipulative.

yeah i wanna see the part where he pointed his tank top and gym shorts at the cops and charged them :) (sarcasm)

As far as use of force options go the taser was probably the best option. Going hands on with a man of Herman's size and skill would have been bad for everyone involved, and probably could have resulted in some pretty serious injuries.

How long before Herman places a lien on the officer's house or presents his own form of money for bond?

"Three forms of identification"? That sounds a bit suspect. Is that legitimately a law in this area?

Yeah, I can't find...anything that suggests that is a legal mandate. The only place I am seeing this mentioned is on "sovereign citizen" stuff.

Well, if they're acting inappropriately, with video tape evidence, they probably are up shit's creek. But you know, considering the entire claim is "you must show me three forms of ID" is factually incorrect, and he is refusing an order from a policeman, I expect him to get fucked in court.

When Dave asked for 3 forms of ID, I knew he would be getting in trouble. This sovereign citizen stuff sounds like militia group trouble so its good that he got tased.

How long before Herman places a lien on the officer's house or presents his own form of money for bond?

All he has to do is withdraw the funds from his secret account that government has in his name.

yeah i wanna see the part where he pointed his tank top and gym shorts at the cops and charged them :) (sarcasm)

Unfortunately the video starts a bit late.

But yeah, I'd also trust the word of these anti-government nutjobs over the cops...

When Dave asked for 3 forms of ID, I knew he would be getting in trouble. This sovereign citizen stuff sounds like militia group trouble so its good that he got tased.

#1 terrorist group in America.

Back