Police arrest and violate UFC verteran dave hermans right on video

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Bat Dad, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Bat Dad

Bat Dad Dark Knight Belt Banned

I am a retired nypd officer and i find this behavior disgusting i hope this leads to the officers being charged and fired ... nothing he did was suspect and or garnering the reaction the police responded with ..
    [YT]09Vwt3vZ9do[/YT]

2. Bat Dad

what a pile of BS... sadly i had to deal with things similar to this in my job and did my best to either not do them or pas them off on another officer .. my personal morals dictate how i acted not a badge or a boss

3. AlucardNatasrd

AlucardNatasrd Blue Belt

"Three forms of identification"? That sounds a bit suspect. Is that legitimately a law in this area?

Yeah, I can't find...anything that suggests that is a legal mandate. The only place I am seeing this mentioned is on "sovereign citizen" stuff.

Well, if they're acting inappropriately, with video tape evidence, they probably are up shit's creek. But you know, considering the entire claim is "you must show me three forms of ID" is factually incorrect, and he is refusing an order from a policeman, I expect him to get fucked in court.

4. WrestlinganJudo

WrestlinganJudo Banned Banned

I don't think the three forums of ID is legit.

She shouldn't have to show hers unless she is suspected of a crime.

Didn't see all of it so I don't know what he was originally being detained for.

5. Bat Dad

im not concerned with the 3 forms ... im concerned with herman having his hands up attempting to explain himself being tased ... its bullshit then the cop tries an illegal search and his wife catches it ... you dont know how many people dont understand you can actually say no to a cop .. sadly it will piss off the small minded ones and they might react inappropriately .. she is lucky her phone wasnt broken and a story made up

6. AlucardNatasrd

AlucardNatasrd Blue Belt

So...

A guy is spouting off bullshit about being legally mandated to show 3 forms of ID (when no such law exists apparently) and refusing to turn around...so he gets tased.

You know how he could probably avoid having been tased? If he had turned around -and then spoken-.

Was a tasing necessary here? I don't know, but all his behaviour here was wrong.

7. WrestlinganJudo

WrestlinganJudo Banned Banned

My connection is too slow right now to run the video well. What caught the attention of law enforcement in the first place.

8. AlucardNatasrd

AlucardNatasrd Blue Belt

But seriously, does anyone have any verifiable information on "cops must show 3 forms of ID if asked"? Because...I am seeing absolutely nothing on this on the internet.

This is the sort of question that would be hard to find an authority to ask, too.

9. Bat Dad

cops (for the most part must have shield and police issued ID) the 3 id thing as far as i know is fiction... in the video before he is tased he is complying and is tased for no real reason in the video he says "id" not 3 forms ... its not out of the ordinary .. even for a uniformed police officer inn a marked car to be asked to show his police issued id .. and being tased for asking is complete bullshit

10. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Herman's a "Sovereign Citizen"?

11. Bat Dad

i was asked for id maybe 2 out of 3 calls or car stops and had no issue with providing my badge number last name and police issued id... i mean even after he is tased and arrested all that info will be hermans on the arresting officers report so there is no reason to with hold it ... listen i can see a guy with 4 ways on not pulling over being an issue but if the guy is complying for the most part and simply asking for some id i dont see a need to raise the level of the conflict and tase... i mean he was covered by multiple officers in a confined location he was complying and went to the back of the vehicle and clearly had no guns on his ankle or was t given his clothing seems overzealous at the very least .. .. what if this was you? i doubt you would be making excuses for the police if you got tased and your wife and infant son detained over car trouble..

12. Bat Dad

i dont care about his politics or group affiliations i care about what happened in the video and what rights were violated.. thats all the cops were concerned with at the time of the incident

13. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Sure looks like it. And it has cost him this fan. I have no tolerance for those people.

14. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

I don't know much about your rights in the US in such a case, whether he was required to comply immediately or had the right to request 3 forms of ID. From previous situations my understanding is the Sovereign Citizens beliefs about their rights don't correspond with the American legal system's interpretation of the law.

15. irish_thug

They don't. they are entirely fictitious.

16. Bat Dad

all i have to go on is the actual video taken and reports.. i dont know about this sovereign citizen nonsense etc.. in the video he asks for id not 3 forms and gets tased... honestly when i was faced with irate or wannabe lawyers or actual ones i made sure to cover my ass when it came to law since i knew damn well i would be seeing them at court when the inevitably fought the arrest or summons

17. irish_thug

18. Bat Dad

come on irish according to reports? half of that article is debunked by the video alone.. bullshit mma website clickbait

19. irish_thug

How long have you been retired? I assumed every department had mandatory training on sovereign citizens.

20. Bat Dad

according to report.... video shows hands up back turned (as commanded) asking for id but yeah he was aggressive... its almost comical how the war room seems to take sides... if this was a black kid in nyc or ferguson .. the cops would be 100% wrong and this poor guy would be a victim