Polaris 9, Fri. March 15, 3 PM ET Prelims/5 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
polaris 9.jpg
Polaris 9
Friday 3.15.2019 at 5 PM ET/2 PM PT
U.S. Broadcast:
UFC Fight Pass
Venue: Indigo at the O2
Number of Grappling Bouts: 14​

Main Card: UFC Fight Pass, 5 PM ET/2 PM PT
Jake Shields vs. Rafael Lovato Jr.
Ffion Davies vs. Gezarty Matuda - Championship Match
Vagner Rocha vs. Ross Nicholls
Tom Halpin vs. Ethan Crelinsten
Darragh O'Conaill vs. Michael Anthony Perez
Eduardo Rios vs. Santeri Lilius

Preliminary Card: UFC Fight Pass, 3 PM ET/12 PM PT
Tommy Langaker vs. Sebastian Brosche
Eoghan O'Flanagan vs. Tarik Hopstock
Ed Ingamells vs. Ash Amos
Fred Vosgrone vs. Halldor Logi Valsson
Jamie Hughes vs. Arya Esfandmaz
Nobuhiro Sawada vs. Pedro Dias
Marcus Phelan vs. Chris Newman
Jack Tyley vs. Tom Caughey

NOTE: We are implementing a new feature called LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will no longer have to refresh the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

Last edited:
First time I have seen betting odds for Polaris:

F3D4fzB.jpg

This event is now live!

I expected more interest in this event. Guess grappling still has a long way to go to catch on.

I expected more interest in this event. Guess grappling still has a long way to go to catch on.
I think a lot of us thought it was Saturday and not on a Friday afternoon.

That's a big reason there was less discussion on it.

Plus Lovato Jr. vs Jake Shields was a mismatch and not the most exciting idea for a main event.

The card was great though.

The event itself was good. I wish they had some bigger names, but I enjoyed it and I hope they start doing them more often. I was suprised Ffion Davies looked so good. She's gotten much, much better recently and I wouldn't be surprised if she has a breakout year and wins ADCC or worlds. Tommy Langaker really should have been on the main card. He got 3rd in worlds last year and he's one of the most exciting BJJ players currently. Give him a name and a main card spot.

The event itself was good. I wish they had some bigger names, but I enjoyed it and I hope they start doing them more often. I was suprised Ffion Davies looked so good. She's gotten much, much better recently and I wouldn't be surprised if she has a breakout year and wins ADCC or worlds. Tommy Langaker really should have been on the main card. He got 3rd in worlds last year and he's one of the most exciting BJJ players currently. Give him a name and a main card spot.

A silver not a bronze.

The rules are absolute garbage it's a ref decision mostly rule set and it didn't have any fights between too big names.

Ffion is awesome. I'm a huge fan of hers and people were sleeping on her big time going into this match.

Also can we take a second to appreciate Jake Shields? I was positive that a finisher like Lovato would sub Jake and Lovato had a tough time and even lose some positions. I know Jake never had Lovato in any trouble but it was a very good performance by Jake considering it looked like such a mismatch on paper.

Really makes you appreciate that Craig Jones was able to sub Jake so fast when you see that Lovato and Danis both were not able to do it despite having very deep subs fully locked on.

Back