Polaris 2 with Tonon, Ribeiro, Agazarm, Bessa + many more! under a month away

You are deprived.

Now I feel bad because I really don't know who he is and google doesn't say much (been training/following BJJ for about 2 years, don't be so mean :icon_chee)

Now I feel bad because I really don't know who he is and google doesn't say much (been training/following BJJ for about 2 years, don't be so mean :icon_chee)

It's really not that big of a deal - I bet a lot of people who train don't know who he is since he's never won or medal'd at any big tournaments or anything. He's mostly known for putting out really good instructional stuff on leg locks if you search for him on youtube he's got a ton of stuff you can check out.

He's a Sambo guy, I believe he won a US championship at one point. About 4-5 years ago he was a regular on the US sub grappling circuit so he obtained some notoriety at the time for his success.

This card has some names that interest me, but not the matchups. Bodycomb resents an interesting style matchup for Cummings, but he hasn't been competing on the same level in quite some time, and I don't expect much from the matchup. Garry Tonon vs Imanari is the same deal, except add in a weight difference and the fact that Imanari was never a sport grappling competitor by trade.

It will be cool to see Moura back in action, but the match is just for fun and is of little overall significance in the BJJ/sub grappling world.

Eddie Cummings vs. Reilly Bodycomb

NO GI match, 15 minutes

Heel hook battle ahead!!

Eddie Cummings has made a name for himself, competing in the US grappling scene, and much like Tonon, is regarded as one of the hottest grappling prospects, particularly in the submission only format.

Reilly Bodycomb on the other hand is a sambo expert, being the only non jiu jitsu competitor on the Polaris 2 card. We are no sambo experts, so it is hard to ascertain at what level Bodycomb has competed in his own sport, but one look at his highlight will be all you need to see he is a very entertaining grappler.

Vitor Ribeiro vs. Nakamura Daisuke

GI match, 15 minutes

Brazil vs Japan/Nova Uniao vs Grabaka

Two legends of the sport in their respective countries. Ribeiro is one of the best competitors the lightweight division has ever seen. A 3 time black belt world champion 15 years ago,

Last edited:
Garry Tonon vs Masakazu Imanari

NO-GI match, 15 minutes

The leg locking pioneer vs the new poster boy for the resurgence of the heel hook game.

Though they are well known as footlock experts, their games vary significantly. Both men made the inside heel hook their home, however Imanari had in the outside heel hook to toe hold combo, one of his strongest assets. Particularly early on in his career.

Garry Tonon

Back