Pokemon Go is racist-proof inside!

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...unities-color-racist-pokestops-gyms/87732734/

Yes, that's right. According to USA today, pokemon go is racist because of the pokestops that are not located in black neighborhoods. This fact was cemented by the low number of pokestops located in southside Chicago. Because walking around these areas don't really have a downside, besides being shot and robbed while hunting for pokemon, or standing around at a pokestop in gang territory.

But, before you all get into a rage and get angry at pokemon go, I feel that maybe another possibility exists for the lack of pokestops and pokemon in southside Chicago. All of the pokemon have been shot. Someone mistook Pikachu for a latin king and filled him/her?- it with holes. Even eeves and pidgeys won't go there. Jigglypuff got a little too jiggy at a rave and overdosed on molly.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...unities-color-racist-pokestops-gyms/87732734/

Yes, that's right. According to USA today, pokemon go is racist because of the pokestops that are not located in black neighborhoods. This fact was cemented by the low number of pokestops located in southside Chicago. Because walking around these areas don't really have a downside, besides being shot and robbed while hunting for pokemon, or standing around at a pokestop in gang territory.

But, before you all get into a rage and get angry at pokemon go, I feel that maybe another possibility exists for the lack of pokestops and pokemon in southside Chicago. All of the pokemon have been shot. Someone mistook Pikachu for a latin king and filled him/her?- it with holes. Even eeves and pidgeys won't go there. Jigglypuff got a little too jiggy at a rave and overdosed on molly.
I don't know what pokemon go is and i didn't read anything in your post but i gave you a like because the wee lil piggly wiggly in your av is cutie putootie <3 :oops:

for those of you that wonder why people dont like cops anymore? here you have one who obviously has a negative attitude towards black people. now if you were a black person and came across this loser, would you feel confident he would be professional? or would you worry that you might end up dead because you "reached for your waistband."

Well... as a Pokemon GO player, this is true.
I work in the fancy part of Denver and Pokestops are everywhere, and then I come home and they are hardly anywhere.
I'm not outraged tho, who cares?

for those of you that wonder why people dont like cops anymore? here you have one who obviously has a negative attitude towards black people. now if you were a black person and came across this loser, would you feel confident he would be professional? or would you worry that you might end up dead because you "reached for your waistband."

Good to see you still think about me. But you should have no fear because I know you are not packing anything in your waistband. And my "negative" attitude is directed at the stupid article of a major news source, not black people. But mediocre try, though.

Well... as a Pokemon GO player, this is true.
I work in the fancy part of Denver and Pokestops are everywhere, and then I come home and they are hardly anywhere.
I'm not outraged tho, who cares?

I think it totally depends on the area and the city. Where I live, the stops are spread out. In the "ghetto" there are several stops, sometimes two or three per block. In Seattle and Pittsburgh, I found much the same. Capital hill in Seattle had fewer stops than the downtown area, where there were many, so many. Then, at my sister in law's house in a country section by Doylestown, PA, there is one stop and two gyms in that whole area. I think it depends on population density and notable public areas that are accessible to many.

LMFAO @ OP who thinks Niantic actually picks the spots and thought to avoid the black areas cuz u might get shot....First of all the stats of getting shot/killed in Chicago is like .000043423423, it's really low, even in the highest hoods.

The simple fact is that their is much more landmarks in the fancy parts of town, where white people usually live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the simple fact.

I live in the supposedly bad part of town, but we have landmarks here/churches.......When I go to the new rich part of town with fancy houses, they don't have pokestops/Gyms....Why? Because the place is new thus their isn't landmarks or anything at all just new nice houses.

Nothing racist about it at all and Niantic didn't do this shit on purpose.....So please stop with your bullshit OP/USA TODAY.

LMFAO @ OP who thinks Niantic actually picks the spots and thought to avoid the black areas cuz u might get shot....First of all the stats of getting shot/killed in Chicago is like .000043423423, it's really low, even in the highest hoods.

The simple fact is that their is much more landmarks in the fancy parts of town, where white people usually live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the simple fact.

I live in the supposedly bad part of town, but we have landmarks here/churches.......When I go to the new rich part of town with fancy houses, they don't have pokestops/Gyms....Why? Because the place is new thus their isn't landmarks or anything at all just new nice houses.

Nothing racist about it at all and Niantic didn't do this shit on purpose.....So please stop with your bullshit OP/USA TODAY.

That was my point, that the usa today article is garbage designed to cause outrage. The rest is just poking fun at Chicago's gang problems

I think the stops and the gyms are purely based on the locations of portal in Niantic's previous game, Ingres.
I don't know much about Ingres, but I don't think Niantic themselves were picking the spots.
There were probably not a lot of Ingres players from these bad hoods, that's why there are no stops.

not true, I've been to Chicago three times and have been shot twice.

I don't know what pokemon go is and i didn't read anything in your post but i gave you a like because the wee lil piggly wiggly in your av is cutie putootie <3 :oops:

When you find out more about this poster, the irony will floor you.

I have a significant (but still healthy in my view) distrust of the modern LE system, but I can reasonably say if I was contacted by this guy we wouldn't have a problem.

This Aura Bogado woman who came up with this crap should prove pokemon's racism wrong by walking around these neighborhoods with her smart phone on full display.

Back