Poirier would be champion with Herb Dean

It's not true, he is talking about this lol

Mb0jGmI.gif

To stop a fight against an undefeated champion, Herb would have most likely waited too long instead of stopping too early

Herb is a good company man.
It's a catch 22 for the fighter who the UFC favors. He'll call it quick if they can give him a reason too. But if they're getting destroyed, he might let them die hoping they can survive and get it to the scorecards....

The massive difference is that the ACs hire, train and decree refs and judges while the NBA controls all of theirs. In a perfect world the NBA would also have independent refs but then you'd see ludicrous scores when games get out of hand and refs don't get the losing team back into it.

NBA reffing is to control the product. No one's getting punched in the face most of the time (word to cp3) so I'm not super upset about it, until I watch a game and reminded how obvious it is.
When the UFC got in bed with the Evil Mouse (Disney), I was concerned that NBA style stuff would happen here. Sports in the U.S. is sports in the U.S. Shyte happens. I love this sport because of the simplicity of locking the cage and letting us see who is the best. Anything that gets in the way of that gets my goat so to speak. So Herb or judges or whatever need to be called out here and by other fans and hopefully journalists (if they are doing their job, i'm not holding my breath).

nah bruh, that's not herb dean anymore. Remember that lawler/colby card herb dean let three motherfuckers go completely to sleep in subs in the same night.

THREE

he said never again to that robbie lawler backlash.

Edit:
nevermind im off, only two were herb dean. still, dudes letting people go to sleep now.
wasn't it crazy how fast he went the other way when he insisted he made the right call and was protecting Robbie from that headlock (bulldog choke).

To stop a fight against an undefeated champion, Herb would have most likely waited too long instead of stopping too early
wasn't it Herb that reffed the Weidman/Rockhold fight. Weidman took so much damage in that fight. It's funny how he can do that (it's good he gave Weidman a chance, maybe too much of one?) and then what he did with Robbie.

Herb is a good company man.
It's a catch 22 for the fighter who the UFC favors. He'll call it quick if they can give him a reason too. But if they're getting destroyed, he might let them die hoping they can survive and get it to the scorecards....
Herb "Best for the Business" Dean

Agreed

He is the most incompetent referee in the history of sports and is 100% a company man, he would’ve pretended Khabib was out then shook his head apologetically and existed

wow. amazing no one has ever done this

Edson's cornerman Leandro "Buscapé" Silva did so against Drew Dober. It was later turned into a NC. Turned out that the ref used to be his training partner, or something like that.

Normally people would claim the #1 spot.

But I'm a fan of Khabib I don't know if you have some quotes that shows otherwise.
True but I'm not claiming the number 1 spot. I'm just the guy behind the curtain these days.

If I ever had someone in a submission like that I'd scream at the ref 'HE'S OUT!'. A win is a win. Most refs will stop it if you're telling them the other guy is out.
Yoshida did that against royce but man everyone hated him for that. As soon as royce got up you knew he pulled a fast one

Back