Poirier will most likely get taken down

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He got taken down by strikers in Dan Hooker and Pettis, with Dan scoring 4 takedowns throughout the fight.
Heck even a NCA division I All-American Michael Chandler couldn't stop Oliveira's double.
And if it hits the mat, it very well might be over for him.
He has to finish this one quick to win, imo. And that is hard with Oliveira's craftiness.
I do give him the edge on the feet though. He has a very developed finishing instinct.
Very intriguing matchup.

Agree that Chucky is a decent striker now,
but Dustin is just better, more developed.
Just like Dustin has some good BJJ
but Charles is better.

Can Dustin submit him? sure...
Can Charles KO him? sure...
2 least likely outcomes.

Last edited:
Agree that Chucky is a decent striker now,
but Dustin is just better, more developed.
Just like Dustin has some good BJJ
but Charles is better.
Can Dustin submit him? sure...
Can Charles KO him? sure...
2 least likely outcomes.
He'll be at pretty big reach and height disadvantage though.
One thing is for sure, once he hurts a fighter, he has better finishing instincts than Chandler. So, it will be harder for Oliveira to survive if he gets hurt.

Yeah most likely. But Charles' cardio is sus. He will get a couple of TD's and win the early rounds but without doing much damage as Dustin's BJJ is solid. Then Charles starts to fade in round 3, Dustin can't be held down anymore, he takes over the fight and gets the late TKO. That's how I see it going

Not a knock on Oliveira's heart. I just don't think he can keep up with Dustin over 5 rounds.

We have no idea how good Charles cardio is, but Dustin has a great gas tank that can go five hard rounds. The longer the fight goes, the better for Dustin.

Yeah most likely. But Charles' cardio is sus. He will get a couple of TD's and win the early rounds but without doing much damage as Dustin's BJJ is solid. Then Charles starts to fade in round 3, Dustin can't be held down anymore, he takes over the fight and gets the late TKO. That's how I see it going
Perhaps, you're right but he's no Michael Chandler though. He's been submitted before.

I completely disagree that Dustin "has to finish this one quick".

In fact, I think it's the exact opposite. It's Charles who has a history of being a frontrunner, coming out fast and winning fights in the first or second round. After that, he tends to fade considerably. Whereas Dustin has always been a dog with tons of cardio and even more heart. If he can drag Charles into deep waters and get this fight to the Championship rounds, he has a very good chance of getting the win.

Poirier's a fraud. His louisiana hot sauce is really canadian.

Poirier was never my friend.
It's pretty darn good, regardless of where it is made.

Yellowbird makes some damn good sauces, they are out of Texas. The Serrano is probably my favorite. It's just right, the habanero is pretty damn hot.

Back