Poirier vs. Gaethje one of the best fights ever

Dbreiden83080

Andle My Riddum
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just re-watched this in preparation for the huge main event coming up next weekend. My god what a fucking war. Even better than I remembered. With Justin ruthlessly attacking the legs, and Dustin out boxing him. Both guys showed tremendous heart. It looked like Justin was going to get the better of it, until Dustin exploded later in the fight with that big punch to finish it off. What an incredible war.

Every one of Gaethje's fights are one of the best ever and exactly like that.

Every one of Gaethje's fights are one of the best ever and exactly like that.

Yeah but Dustin was so game. Not like Edson Who I knew would fold quickly.. I mean these men went to war.

Great fight. Respect to Dustin for pulling it out in the end, I wasn't sure he had it in him.

I wish Bendo was still in the UFC so we could see him and Gaethje throw down for 5 hard rounds

2 of the most exciting fighters ever. Eddie as well. U knew any mix of those 3 fighting were gonna be a FOTY candidate before it even happened

i mean just look at these fights

Poirier/KZ
Poirier/Corrasani
Poirier/Duffy
Poirier/Jim
Poirier/Eddie 1 and 2
Poirier/Pettis
Poirier/Gaethje

Gaethje/Baboon 1 and 2
Gaethje/Firmino
Gaethje/Johnson
Gaethje/Eddie
Gaethje/Poirier

if the fights theyve had arent on that level its mostly b/c the fights itself are too one sided where theres a quick/brutal finish

Last edited:
Just re-watched this in preparation for the huge main event coming up next weekend. My god what a fucking war. Even better than I remembered. With Justin ruthlessly attacking the legs, and Dustin out boxing him. Both guys showed tremendous heart. It looked like Justin was going to get the better of it, until Dustin exploded later in the fight with that big punch to finish it off. What an incredible war.

I just watched this fight for the first time last week and was equally blown away. People dont talk about this fight enough, momentum swung back and forth dramatically quite a few times. It looked like Gaethje was on his way to victory as Dustin was seemed like he was about to fold at the end of the 3rd then pulled the W out of nowhere with that huge rally in the 4th

Amazing fight

Lacked technique, poise and defense for me personally

Yeah but Dustin was so game. Not like Edson Who I knew would fold quickly.. I mean these men went to war.

Poirier is a fucking stud. Everyone hypes Gaethje, which is well deserved, but Poirier is an amazing action fighter as well.

His fights vs KZ, Alvarez 1 and 2, Gaethje, Miller and Corrasanni are all classics

Incredible fight indeed. I remember Poirier saying he had trouble making the flight home because he could barely bend his leg enough to fit in the airplane seat hahaha

The UFC does not deserve Justin Gaethje, what an absolute gem he is to the fight game.

Poirier is a very exciting fighter himself too.

Has there ever been a boring Dustin Porier fight either? Him and Gaetje are warriors

Back