Poirier says being on the mat with Khabib felt like rolling with Marcelo Garcia

Honestly as a DP fan I was a little bit dissapointed by his grappling vs Khabib. Edson and Conor (they on paper are not bettter grapplers than DP) did much better than him.
Did better? You mean they survived longer?
Dustin actually hurt Khabib on the feet and had a tight gullitine according to Khabib

Wait, are there really people who think Khabib could hang with Marcelo in pure grappling?

Garcia was submitting Maia last time they rolled about every minute. He was submitting Askren (admittedly green) about every 30-45s. He submitted Shields in a couple minutes too. These are the best mma grapplers in the world and he was submitting them like white belts. He would have khabibs neck in under a minute, easy.
Breh, didn't you hear? Khabib would wreck Garcia and Roger Gracie at the same time with ease.

I'm beginning to think you're a prepubescent teen.

If you don't understand the difference between yuppies who train "for sport jujitsu," in the city, in a peaceful environment, under the tutelage of a "pacifistic person" ... to the mental toughness of war zone-train Spartans, who train in combat Sambo, to beat the absolute shit out of people, for real, as their only means to get their head up above poverty level ... then you are not capable of understanding what I'm talking about. And thus are wasting my time.
I said this yesterday, could Khabib win ADCC? Gi or no gi? He'd get tapped in two seconds. No cage to pin your opponent up he would be stuck in black belts guards all day and couldnt throw a strike. He'd be Fucked.

Marcelo is a pound for pound grappling GOAT but we have had guys like Jacre, Roger etc all try and succeed at MMA too.

The guy who had the highest ceiling of grapplers turned MMA fighters due to his ability to take people down and have blanketing top game like Khabib was Ricardo Arona. Unfortunately after doing the impossible (beating Wand in pride) his career went wide ways. He never had an offensive point scored on him in ADCC and was a very dominant (albeit boring and safe) grappler. Looked like the Ubereem and Costa kind too. Now he’s only remembered in where is Arona threads, the page slam and the sokudjo KO.

And the threads about surfing and banging Brazilian 10s.

Khabib would fuck these bjj cucks in mma

He's on another level than these guys

Fuck bjj, it's not 1993 anymore

It's mixed martial arts and Khabib seems rather good at it!

Poirier just said Khabib and Garcia, like other top level grapplers, are simillar in one regard: the way they efficiently distribute their weight. He never said Khabib can tap Garcia or something like that. You are all reading too much into this.

Man, it’s hilarious reading all the comments from butt hurt bjj fans...

Dustin is talking about technique n mechanics.

When you watch khabib fight, it looks like he’s just overpowering his opponents, but he says it’s mostly very good technique n understanding of positioning.

It doesn’t mean khabib is a submission wizard, just his control is top notch n it’s not due to strength.

Poirier is a black belt, so he knows what he’s talking about

I'd love to see Khabib go to Marcelo's gym for a week train with all his blacks and never get tapped. When they're hunting him and their leader is Marcelo not Khabib.

Lmao. This is getting so old... he has no real submission game he'd be caught in shit he's never even seen before. Khabib with a gi on would get Fucked Up so bad... with shit he's never even seen before. I'm sure he's ready for the 50/50 and the berimbolos Haha. No he's not.

If Marcelo’s grappling is so phenomenal compared to Khabib’s (who’s entire style is based on grappling dominance), his MMA record must be insane.

What are we talking? 40-0? 50-0?

You come across like a raving lunatic living a delusional fantasy in nearly every post I’ve seen from you.

Man, it’s hilarious reading all the comments from butt hurt bjj fans...

Dustin is talking about technique n mechanics.

When you watch khabib fight, it looks like he’s just overpowering his opponents, but he says it’s mostly very good technique n understanding of positioning.

It doesn’t mean khabib is a submission wizard, just his control is top notch n it’s not due to strength.

Poirier is a black belt, so he knows what he’s talking about

I'm sorry bro, but the bjj black belt, former interim champ knows fuck all, compared to us basement dwelling bums!

Honestly as a DP fan I was a little bit dissapointed by his grappling vs Khabib. Edson and Conor (they on paper are not bettter grapplers than DP) did much better than him.
DP is a black belt in BJJ, but he was never really good at wrestling

Yeah FIGHTING with Khabib is a lot different than ROLLING with Marcelo "a long time ago"
Marcelo would smoke Khabib.View attachment 647031

Marcelo would smoke Khabib in BJJ. But that doesn't change Poirier's opinion that Khabib FELT LIKE Marcelo. He didn't say he was just as good or better. He just said it felt like. As in, it was very difficult to deal with. Jeez. Marcelo is GOAT, but it's not like anyone is besmirching his name. Seems like you're being defensive for no reason.

Last edited:
You need help, bud.

<6>
He's the first fighter in UFC history to start a riot. He's been involved in so many altercations it's hard to keep track of. I think he's a Goon and a POS. Anyone biffs with Ali is a Goon, and a POS. Why do people think he's a nice guy? Or a humble guy? I said this a week ago I used to think Conor was at risk, he's dangerous both to himself and others. I think Khabib and his entourage are even worse.

Cool lil pic bro but tell me where I'm wrong.

If Marcelo’s grappling is so phenomenal compared to Khabib’s (who’s entire style is based on grappling dominance)
Thanks for the funny sig. How does one dominate another man from on top with superior technique in his guard when you can't throw a strike? You're not even a white belt, you silly goose.

So sick of Poirier "blaming himself" for the loss... rather than giving full credit to Khabib for kicking his bleeping ass.

The truth is, Dustin Poirier never saw a day he could whip one side of Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Khabib beat his focking azz, from start to finish; it really wasn't even a contest.
Triggered? Maybe you need a little goat loving to ease the pain.

Back