Poirier says being on the mat with Khabib felt like rolling with Marcelo Garcia

Grappling in safe environment is not the same thing as fighting for real. Some people simply cannot handle being hit ...

Geez what the fuck happened in this thread?

Poirier is here giving a compliment to Khabib and suddenly it turns into a pissing contest between Khabib fans And Marcelo fans?

Why can’t BOTH guys just be on an advanced level of grappling. And yeah i’ll take Dustin’s word over a bunch of people that haven’t grappled with either guy.

Geez what the fuck happened in this thread?
Poirier is here giving a compliment to Khabib and suddenly it turns into a pissing contest between Khabib fans And Marcelo fans.

Poirier is not complementing Khabib. He is still trying to put himself "above" Khabib, despite getting absolutely outclassed by Khabib.

Poirier needs to take a hard look in the mirror and simply realize he is not a Champion-level fighter, but a "contender-level" fighter. Poirier's record is admirable, but not great. Khabib's record, on the other hand, is the greatest of all time.

It wasn't a "fluke" that Poirier lost, nor was it due to any "mistake" Poirier made. The reason Poirier lost was simply because Khabib is the better man, and better fighter, than Dustin Poirier.

I would bet you a million dollars to a penny that Khabib would beat the dogshit out of Marcelo Garcia.
In gi competition Marcelo would do anything he wanted to Khabib. He'd have him defending from the first second on then tap him in under 3 minutes. This isn't MMA. I think 3 minutes with Khabib trapped inside Marcelo's guard is being way too generous actually. There is no comparison in their grappling credentials. Khabib is not stealing any shine from Marcelo because DP really does talk too much. But he only meant grappler strength wise, which I do believe. If you want to compare technique as a submission grappler. Gtfoh. "Maul" and "Smesh" hahahahhaha. To a BJJ guy who loves guard in a gi do you know what that sounds like? Easy fucking work.

Yeah Poirier knows nothing about Khabib, MMA and BJJ.
You know better, obviously.

Nice ad hominem defence but it isn't really conclusive. Just because someone has expertise on a given topic doesn't mean his assessment is necessarily unbiased, etc. Questioning him is fair game.

Dustin had no business being in there with Khabib anyway...

None of these clowns could touch McGregor but now they get title shots.

lol

levels

Nice ad hominem defence but it isn't really conclusive. Just because someone has expertise on a given topic doesn't mean his assessment is necessarily unbiased, etc. Questioning him is fair game.

Nobody is unbiased but if you need to get an advice get it from an expert and not from somebody that you don't know the qualifications

In gi competition Marcelo would do anything he wanted to Khabib. He'd have him defending from the first second on then tap him in under 3 minutes. This isn't MMA. I think 3 minutes with Khabib trapped inside Marcelo's guard is being way too generous actually. There is no comparison in their grappling credentials. Khabib is not stealing any shine from Marcelo because DP really does talk too much. But he only meant grappler strength wise, which I do believe. If you want to compare technique as a submission grappler. Gtfoh. "Maul" and "Smesh" hahahahhaha.

We all have our own interests and agendas.

I think Khabib's grappling is severely underrated. I also believe he has 3x the body strength and intensity of Marcelo Garcia.

No one can really say for sure who would win, in a sterile, pacifists', non-money "pure grappling" environment.

While acknowledging that Marcelo Garcia is a credit to BJJ, and a great guy, this doesn't change my opinion that, on the street, in civilian clothes, in a fight to the death, Marcelo Garcia would be the dead man in any fight to the finish between him and Khabib.

Wait, are there really people who think Khabib could hang with Marcelo in pure grappling?

Garcia was submitting Maia last time they rolled about every minute. He was submitting Askren (admittedly green) about every 30-45s. He submitted Shields in a couple minutes too. These are the best mma grapplers in the world and he was submitting them like white belts. He would have khabibs neck in under a minute, easy.

We all have our own interests and agendas.

I think Khabib's grappling is severely underrated. I also believe he has 3x the body strength and intensity of Marcelo Garcia.

No one can really say for sure who would win, in a sterile, pacifists', non-money "pure grappling" environment.

While acknowledging that Marcelo Garcia is a credit to BJJ, and a great guy, this doesn't change my opinion that, on the street, in civilian clothes, in a fight to the death, Marcelo Garcia would be the dead man in any fight to the finish between him and Khabib.
Marcelo is a shy, kind, sweet man. A true martial artist. There would be no fights to the death. And if there were, Marcelo understands the basics of self-defense enough to get out of any one on one situation with any one man on Earth unarmed. All the way in or all the way out. Real martial artists don't have this attitude, especially not Marcelo. I want to see Khabib vs Marcelo's army of young black belts in a gi or no gi and no fence. We'll see how good Khabib's grappling really is. The cage does half of Khabib's work for him. "Never been tapped" in practice just tells me, just the rumor alone, that's he's a complete and total ego-freak psychopath. I know his kind. They are all over the place difference is they usually own the gym or are the head instructor. Makes me sick. Not tapping means not learning and it makes me think he's a complete and total jackass and a horrible human being in person.

Marcelo is a shy, kind, sweet man. A true martial artist. There would be no fights to the death. And if there were, Marcelo understands the basics of self-defense enough to get out of any one on one situation with any one man on Earth unarmed. All the way in or all the way out. Real martial artists don't have this attitude, especially not Marcelo. I want to see Khabib vs Marcelo's army of young black belts in a gi or no gi and no fence. We'll see how good Khabib's grappling really is. The cage does half of Khabib's work for him.

I agree with your assessment of Marcelo.

However, your talk of the imaginary army is ludicrous. That said, just to engage, I would bet the war-zone trained Dagestanians, under Abdulmanap/Khabib, would annihilate the "bottle-fed yuppies" who "train with Marcelo" ... in any fight to the death scenario you want to concoct.

Marcelo is a shy, kind, sweet man. A true martial artist. There would be no fights to the death. And if there were, Marcelo understands the basics of self-defense enough to get out of any one on one situation with any one man on Earth unarmed. All the way in or all the way out. Real martial artists don't have this attitude, especially not Marcelo. I want to see Khabib vs Marcelo's army of young black belts in a gi or no gi and no fence. We'll see how good Khabib's grappling really is. The cage does half of Khabib's work for him. "Never been tapped" in practice just tells me, just the rumor alone, that's he's a complete and total ego-freak psychopath. I know his kind. They are all over the place difference is they usually own the gym or are the head instructor. Makes me sick. Not tapping means not learning and it makes me think he's a complete and total jackass and a horrible human being in person.

Damn dude I was with you all up until the end.

You need help, bud.

<6>

I agree with your assessment of Marcelo.

However, your talk of the imaginary army is ludicrous. That said, just to engage, I would bet the war-zone trained Dagestanians, under Abdulmanap/Khabib, would annihilate the "bottle-fed yuppies" who "train with Marcelo" ... in any fight to the death scenario you want to concoct.
If you want to turn this into MMA with striking or guns or bombs sure. I agree. Has nothing to do with anything. What do you mean he doesn't have an army of world-champion calibur black belts..? He's Marcelo Garcia out of NYC.

If you want to turn this into MMA with striking or guns or bombs sure. I agree. What do you mean he doesn't have an army of world champion calibur black belts..? He's Marcelo Garcia.

I'm beginning to think you're a prepubescent teen.

If you don't understand the difference between yuppies who train "for sport jujitsu," in the city, in a peaceful environment, under the tutelage of a "pacifistic person" ... to the mental toughness of war zone-train Spartans, who train in combat Sambo, to beat the absolute shit out of people, for real, as their only means to get their head up above poverty level ... then you are not capable of understanding what I'm talking about. And thus are wasting my time.

Back