Poirier says being on the mat with Khabib felt like rolling with Marcelo Garcia

11-7 record. And it went to the ground in the first round without him being able to do anything.

Took his back controlled him, he was obvoulsy not able to adapt to the gloves, which it was his fault no doubt.

Well werdum did become champ so there’s him among world bjj champs or adcc medalists who became mma champs.

true, you also have big nog, bronze medalist in BJJ and pride and UFC interim champ, or BJ penn.
but maia, jacare and roger had a BJJ legend status that was more than "just" BJJ world champ or medalist, I'm not sure werdum had such a status.

Yeah FIGHTING with Khabib is a lot different than ROLLING with Marcelo "a long time ago"
Marcelo would smoke Khabib.View attachment 647031
This. 154 people liked that post without even taking this into consideration - most of them know nothing about MMA or BJJ. You are absolutely right and coherent, THERE IS a big difference. Marcelo would humiliate Khabib in a grappling match. Easily.

What is happening here...am I the only one who thinks its obvious Khabib wins an mma fight and Marcelo wins a pure bjj match? Come on guys, is normal!
<6>
COME ON GUYS

Dustin is clearly talking about the precision and thoughtful process he felt from both in their own respective crafts.

I'd love to see Khabib go to Marcelo's gym for a week train with all his blacks and never get tapped. When they're hunting him and their leader is Marcelo not Khabib.

Lmao. This is getting so old... he has no real submission game he'd be caught in shit he's never even seen before. Khabib with a gi on would get Fucked Up so bad... with shit he's never even seen before. I'm sure he's ready for the 50/50 and the berimbolos Haha. No he's not.

But why would he compete in the gi?

Dustin is clearly talking about the precision and thoughtful process he felt from both in their own respective crafts.

Yes. Overwhelmed by both.
But we shouldn’t expect Sherbros to understand this.

MMA grappling is different. Maia and Garcia have the same teacher and when they were coming up they looked at each other sort of as rivals, but once Maia transitioned to MMA, Garcia started dominating him in pure BJJ settings. We haven't seen Garcia in an MMA setting, but I'm sure Maia would do much better against him there.

I'm not sure why people haven't realized that the sports are different with different rules and different scoring criteria.

Because then they would have to quit bitching.

But why would he compete in the gi?
Because he's assuming that Khabib knows nothing about grip fighting and lapel attacks. I don't know how often he trains BJJ in gi but he certainly has grip management knowledge from Judo. Different, not as complex but by now I'm sure he's solid with gi grips.

Nowhere near Marcelo but noone is perfect. Seeing them roll no go would be fun. Curious to see how Khabib would fair.

What is happening here...am I the only one who thinks its obvious Khabib wins an mma fight and Marcelo wins a pure bjj match? Come on guys, is normal!
<6>
COME ON GUYS
These are two athletes that people idolize and their fans think of them as superheroes. They aren't thinking objectively. Obviously Khabib would easily win in his sport, and a young prime Marcelo just as easily in his.

I wouldn't mind see Marcelo and Khabib roll under an ADCC-style ruleset.

There have definitely been some players who have done well and even won at ADCC with wrestling and a conservative top game, although they have usually been associated with heavier weights.

I don't think Khabib would win but I do think it would be worth watching. Gi BJJ and MMA obviously not.

First Khabib has never tapped now he's as good as Marcelo and people wonder why BJJ guys are pissed? seek help, mate.

You mean like your once crack-head AV who was found in a hotel room with a Ton of coke, a wonder woman costume, other than that he was naked and had nothing else in the room. He violated probation like 23 times. 23 times he pissed hot for coke or crack. So they stuck his ass in jail over a year and he made the comeback of the century and good for him. He says he needs yoga, martial arts, meditation, tai-chi, a perfect diet, exercise, and therapy or he will relapse and die.

He seeks help, mate. Now, that's 10x crazier than I've ever been, fruit-cup. Nice name. My hs gf loved saying that shit 16 years ago. She thought it was hilarious. You're an effeminate little nerd aren't you?

You know he's openly bi-polar right? Is that funny to you?

Firstly, you have expanded my vocabulary but us Westerners use "Vex" to mean curse. Not "to be annoyed" so thanks for that. That's a first on SD. Secondly, mescaline dreams is still around jesus I blocked that clown 4 years ago. Mind which posts you like. I do. I hate the guy who likes bash posts more than the guy with the balls to quote me directly. Seek help, mate.

How so..? 21 quotes in less than 24 hours is closer to stalking or harassing than discussing but for your easy ass? I'll clown you all day. Or the block hammer and I haven't used that in years. It's noon go make some money like I am. Get off my dick.

AV bet I made 2k last night on tennis? 60 days. I make at least 500 to 2k every day of the week. AV bet I won 7k on Saturday and 1k on NFL on Sunday? All predicted in PMs. Let me know.

You really like me huh? You just can't get enough. Thing T. Thing you were blowing up my inbox yesterday, I gave you last word and liked your post, now you're at it again?

Why..?

You want another free like? Sure pal. Quote me again.

Phewww... God what did I do to deserve this guy. How much money would you like me to prove over the last 5 days? I'm not giving you my tennis picks there is a lot of hedging and live-betting involved I'm a cheap parlay gambler.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO MAKE YOU GO AWAY YOU'RE A PSYCHO.

Ok here's what we'll do. 2k each for Saturday. Just that card. Whoever makes more wins. AV bet 90 days. Deal?

I'm about to expose a couple million but I've done that already and I'd really rather not now that I live in Las Vegas. Do we have a deal? Look at my last post. This will be, my last post to you. Tennis is all day everyday you think I know off the top of my head who my picks are at 12 30? The matches don't start until 8pm. I'd be happy to show what I made last night, but you refuse.

Start with 2 or 3k whoever wins more on Saturday account bet. Deal? I normally dont risk more than 600 on small parlays for fight night cards but idgaf. As in after I beat you your account is terminated. Deal? You're broke so we can start with 2k if you prefer. I'll make my picks known, you make yours known, for our accounts. Deal?

So your answer is no to competition on Saturday. Ok, you are blocked now. I hate doing it but my post count will be 20k by the end of today if this obsessed freak doesn't leave me alone. Goodbye thread. Dont quote me today, don't quote me tomorrow or be willing to back your mouth up with your AV, or your Account. Enough of this calling people liars then backing down like bitches. You want proof? AV bet me. Really fucking simple.

Insecurity, mental illness, psychological projection, and narcissistic personality disorder, my fellow Sherdoggers.

If you or someone you know exhibits any of these traits, there is help. Call the National Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's Helpline at 1-800-662-4357 to discuss options to get help to those who truly need it.

The National Institute for Mental Illness states that 19.1% of U.S. adults experienced mental illness in 2018 (47.6 million people). This represents 1 in 5 adults. 4.6% of U.S. adults experienced serious mental illness in 2018 (11.4 million people). This represents 1 in 25 adults.

Insecurity, mental illness, psychological projection, and narcissistic personality disorder, my fellow Sherdoggers.

If you or someone you know exhibits any of these traits, there is help. Call the National Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's Helpline at 1-800-662-4357 to discuss options to get help to those who truly need it.

The National Institute for Mental Illness states that 19.1% of U.S. adults experienced mental illness in 2018 (47.6 million people). This represents 1 in 5 adults. 4.6% of U.S. adults experienced serious mental illness in 2018 (11.4 million people). This represents 1 in 25 adults.
What's your point fruitcake?

Omg, all the dimwits with no hearing comprehension.
Dustin says that Khabib uses weight distribution extremely well and knows how to use body mechanics and let body weight do some of the job, as does Marcelo Garcia.
He does not compare Khabib to Marcelo in BJJ department.

Khabib isn't a straight grappler. I think John Danaher already hinted that the Russians can wrestle but pure grappling, they are behind. As they should be since they are MMA guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back