Poirier says being on the mat with Khabib felt like rolling with Marcelo Garcia

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

damn........Marcelo is a GOAT tier BJJ gurappler

Next level grappling. Difference between starting at 16 and starting at 6.

Sigh, if Sambo was easy they’d call it BJJ cmon cuz

Yeah Poirier knows nothing about Khabib, MMA and BJJ.
You know better, obviously.
Yeah FIGHTING with Khabib is a lot different than ROLLING with Marcelo "a long time ago"
Marcelo would smoke Khabib.goldy.gif

That's a nice compliment to Khabib but hopefully people don't read too much into that statement.

Yeah FIGHTING with Khabib is a lot different than ROLLING with Marcelo "a long time ago"
Marcelo would smoke Khabib.View attachment 647031

I believe a BJJ black belt, former interim world champion who rolled with Marcelo and fought against Khabib, rather than you, sorry for the offense.

So sick of Poirier "blaming himself" for the loss... rather than giving full credit to Khabib for kicking his bleeping ass.

The truth is, Dustin Poirier never saw a day he could whip one side of Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Khabib beat his focking azz, from start to finish; it really wasn't even a contest.

Marcelo would smoke Khabib.View attachment 647031
He has a 0-1 MMA record. Regardless of his talent, he didn't find success in MMA, because it takes a bit more than sheer BJJ proficiency to be a good MMA fighter.

Honestly as a DP fan I was a little bit dissapointed by his grappling vs Khabib. Edson and Conor (they on paper are not bettter grapplers than DP) did much better than him.

I'd love to see Khabib go to Marcelo's gym for a week train with all his blacks and never get tapped. When they're hunting him and their leader is Marcelo not Khabib.

Lmao. This is getting so old... he has no real submission game he'd be caught in shit he's never even seen before. Khabib with a gi on would get Fucked Up so bad... with shit he's never even seen before. I'm sure he's ready for the 50/50 and the berimbolos Haha. No he's not.

Marcelo is a pound for pound grappling GOAT but we have had guys like Jacre, Roger etc all try and succeed at MMA too.

The guy who had the highest ceiling of grapplers turned MMA fighters due to his ability to take people down and have blanketing top game like Khabib was Ricardo Arona. Unfortunately after doing the impossible (beating Wand in pride) his career went wide ways. He never had an offensive point scored on him in ADCC and was a very dominant (albeit boring and safe) grappler. Looked like the Ubereem and Costa kind too. Now he’s only remembered in where is Arona threads, the page slam and the sokudjo KO.

Honestly as a DP fan I was a little bit dissapointed by his grappling vs Khabib. Edson and Conor (they on paper are not bettter grapplers than DP) did much better than him.
Many ppl don't like to hear it but Conors grappling is criminally underrated on this site.

ok i should've specified i'm talking about grappling.
it's a guarantee Marcelo went easy on Dustin and toyed with him, especially "a long time ago"
if they were in an actual competition that would be one thing but Dustin obviously went to go learn from him so do you think Marcelo is gonna try to kick his ass?
what i'm saying is i don't believe Dustin knows the real Marcelo.

sorry to hurt your feelings ladies.
bruce.gif

Back