Poirier responds to Sherdoggers criticizing the guillotine attempts

I’m not the biggest Poirier fan but I’ll always love him for beating Justins ass. Prime Dustin wrecked Gaethje. Aside from Justins leg kicks, Poirier destroyed him with superior boxing.
<{1-1}>That's because Gaethje's camp taught MMA striking.

...Especially for a guy like Poirier with weak TDD, the guillotines were significant and likely negated Hooker's would-be-point-scoring panic TDs in the eyes of the judges
Thanks for your substantive comment. These guys are faced with countering take downs... and must come up with alternatives to do so.

People act as if fighting is black & white. I feel according to your analysis... the guillotines were not just some dumb technique. They weren't a total answer... which often is the case.

What a dog shit post. He was absolutely never dislikable... let alone a piece of shit. You think getting beat by MJ magically made him a good person?!? You're a fucking idiot.

Get your tongue out of Dustin's Hershey hole for a minute and do some research, you toolbag. Dustin was being a douchebag and disrespectful towards Johnson while MJ was saying only good things during interviews leading up to this fight. Don't comment on things you know nothing about, especially when you're two chromosomes short of a mongoloid.

Why do some SD posters always try to make a fighters posts about themselves?

It’s a high percentage in friendly sparring sessions in my opinion, so much pressure on the throat it’s different to like a triangle where you will fight it even till your out sometimes, because you don’t feel like gagging etc. I’ve seen people go out lots to triangles but not many chokes like the rnc or guillotines that put pressure on the throat.

He probably lands it heaps in training and feels confident in it, but some of these dudes in the cage don’t give up easily.

Very true. Most of the time, guys don’t actually have the choke, but it’s painful so you tap any way. I remember trying to fight out of one and my throat hurt for a month after, every time I swallowed (in b4 innuendo). It’s not worth it for a friendly sparring sesh. I could see how it would skew a fighters strategy to try it in MMA competition.

Hooker has got that big/ long neck and was obviously laboring . Ddp dont even happen to explain but glad he did and the way he did it. For people who are still not impressed with the diamond, y' all need to take an extra big whiff cause he'll be a cemented fixture at the top of division for awhile . I'd love to see Conor Poirier 2 - I see re match as a toss up . Fight has to be at 155. I think Conor has gotten lazy and just doesn't want any part of the cut which would explain him still not fighting an actual welterweight yet.

Back