Media Poirier opens as a heavy underdog vs Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
I was a big fan of Khabib wrecking Conor, but now I hope that Dustin catches Khabib & beats him. I know it's highly unlikely, but i'd love to see it. Khabib's talk about a couple fights then retiring & tweeting that he thought the Dustin/Max fight was a draw, just rubbed me the wrong way. Dustin will definitely give Khabib more trouble than Max would have, but I really want to see Tony or Gaethje fight Khabib too. Khabib just seems like he wants to retire undefeated without actually being tested enough, the guy has only fought 1 or maybe 2 legitimate top 5 at LW so far. If he's so dominant, then he shouldn't have any fear or hesitation about clearing out the division.

Dustin has power. But he's not a KO artist, he doesn't unleash 1hit-KO punches from the first round..that means he will be screwed grappled to suffocation

I was a big fan of Khabib wrecking Conor, but now I hope that Dustin catches Khabib & beats him. I know it's highly unlikely, but i'd love to see it. Khabib's talk about a couple fights then retiring & tweeting that he thought the Dustin/Max fight was a draw, just rubbed me the wrong way. Dustin will definitely give Khabib more trouble than Max would have, but I really want to see Tony or Gaethje fight Khabib too. Khabib just seems like he wants to retire undefeated without actually being tested enough, the guy has only fought 1 or maybe 2 legitimate top 5 at LW so far. If he's so dominant, then he shouldn't have any fear or hesitation about clearing out the division.
Watch that Max/Dustin fight again without commentary .it's a very close fight. I understand why Khabib thought it was a draw

And he should be. I dont see what he has to win this fight

I think it will be one of the easier fights in the last couple of years for khabib. DP is a better grappler than MJ but a worse wrestler. Al is better everywhere when it comes to take downs and grappling. Edson is a harder fighter to takedown than Poirier. i see a bad bad beating for dustin.

i feel the ufc put 2 guys who have very low chance of beating khabib so the chicken can get its rematch next.

Al is a better grappler? lol wut.
Poirier is a black belt bruh.

you not knowing that tells me you didn't put much effort or actual research Into this "analysis"

Khabib wins but Poirier is tough. I don't think It will be an easy fight.

Watch that Max/Dustin fight again without commentary .it's a very close fight. I understand why Khabib thought it was a draw
It really wasn't that close. Watch some of the replays and watch some different angles. Often when Max was throwing volume, he was missing, grazing or hitting Dustin's arms. When Dustin landed, he was often landing squarely on Max. Just so happens that Max literally has an iron chin, 1 of the most unbelievable chins in the UFC i'd say. Dustin actually had boxing defense, so he didn't take nearly as many shots. It's a fight, so volume in & of itself doesn't mean much, it's about who landed & who did damage. Dustin wrecked Max, just look at Max's face by the end.

Dustin was an underdog against Max too. He didn't care then, and he won't care when he fights Khabib.
Once those takedowns and submission attempts start pouring in, Dustin will lose. I like him a lot, but he was fighting Max, a guy who was smaller and stands on the feet almost exclusively.

Khabib will put his weight on Dustin. He will deliver power shots. He will go for takedowns....and get them. He will POUR on the submission attempts.

Those aren't heavy underdog odds.. if anything they're giving DP a real shot to win

If I log into betonline and hit Porier twice at whatever mcnuggets number they have for openers the line'd drop to nearly evens. A shitty opening line some scrub threw together is viewed as some revelation and needs a full MMA article now. Jesus, this sport is cringe.
Go watch tennis

How dare he want to retire 30-0 with his body still healthy and his brain functioning normally. What a piece of shit amirite?

How dare he want to retire 30-0 with his body still healthy and his brain functioning normally. What a piece of shit amirite?
He can do that, but he can't pretend to be the next GSP, who actually cleared out the division. If you retire & there are literally like 5 or 6 top contenders & killers who you never faced, then you're not a GOAT. Period, end of story. And that bullshit about a Mayweather fight, that was some pathetic ass shit, lost a lot of respect for Khabib because of that.

Khabib is only a -240 favorite? That's insane, should be closer to - 400 when it's closer to fight time. Free money on Khabib.

I been a huge fan of Poirier since I saw him in WEC, always loved the guy, but I dont think this is a good matchup for him, his TDD is just okay, but its not amazing, and I don't see him being able to stop it, maybe he will actually stop the first 1 or 2 takedowns, but Khabib is relentless and will get him down eventually I feel.

He can do that, but he can't pretend to be the next GSP, who actually cleared out the division. If you retire & there are literally like 5 or 6 top contenders & killers who you never faced, then you're not a GOAT. Period, end of story. And that bullshit about a Mayweather fight, that was some pathetic ass shit, lost a lot of respect for Khabib because of that.
How dare he want an incredible payday after building star power on his name as a PRIZEFIGHTER. These guys arent super heroes. They are people who are trying to build a legacy and feed their families. He is doing the smart thing. Not destroying his brain and fighting until he is broken and old, and trying to get a giant payday to go into the retirement world with. I'm sure your respect for him will help change his mind about being a millionaire who retired at 33 years old

Khabib wins a unanimous decision.

How dare he want an incredible payday after building star power on his name as a PRIZEFIGHTER. These guys arent super heroes. They are people who are trying to build a legacy and feed their families. He is doing the smart thing. Not destroying his brain and fighting until he is broken and old, and trying to get a giant payday to go into the retirement world with. I'm sure your respect for him will help change his mind about being a millionaire who retired at 33 years old
I thought Khabib was all about legacy & not money? I guess Conor really did win the war then, if Khabib lost track of proving himself to be the best of all-time, & now he just wants to retire young with a lot of money. Like I said, he can do whatever he wants, but I thought he was going to show everyone that he’s the best ever, & the only way to do that is to beat every top 5 fighter in your division. But I guess he’d rather just fight a couple more times & hope that a 50 year old Mayweather wants to beat another MMA guy at boxing so they can both get a big payday? That’s some bullshit if you ask me.

Back