Media Poirier opens as a heavy underdog vs Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 556651

I think it will be one of the easier fights in the last couple of years for khabib. DP is a better grappler than MJ but a worse wrestler. Al is better everywhere when it comes to take downs and grappling. Edson is a harder fighter to takedown than Poirier. i see a bad bad beating for dustin.

i feel the ufc put 2 guys who have very low chance of beating khabib so the chicken can get its rematch next.

It will become almost even come fight night. Dustin is legit

Dustin has power in his hands for certain but he needs to be prepared to wrestle a bear off him. The first two rounds will show if Dustin can beat him or not. I do think he'll do better than Iaquinta and Conor.

Maybe the oddsmakers know that Dustin has no wrestling and welcomes Khabib to expose his wide-open TD defence?

lol easy money on Khabib, bet the house

Dustin was an underdog against Max too. He didn't care then, and he won't care when he fights Khabib.

If I log into betonline and hit Porier twice at whatever mcnuggets number they have for openers the line'd drop to nearly evens. A shitty opening line some scrub threw together is viewed as some revelation and needs a full MMA article now. Jesus, this sport is cringe.

Love Diamond, but he is going to get man-handled by Khabib.

Teh Eagle puts him on his back for the whole fight and just smeshes him silly. Dustin cannot stop his grappling.

-240 on Khabib???

Holy shit, free money! Sign me up

View attachment 566787
It definitely will not become almost even. If anything the lines will move further apart.
The odds won’t move farther apart as more and more people will bet on Dustin.

I think Dustin should be a 3-1 underdog but the line will move closer as the fight closes in. Same thing happened in the Mcgregor fight

Pretty obvious. Poirer as legit as he is, doesn't have the TDD or wrestling game to stop Khabib mauling him..

Love Diamond, but he is going to get man-handled by Khabib.

Teh Eagle puts him on his back for the whole fight and just smeshes him silly. Dustin cannot stop his grappling.
The "whole fight" will probably be two rounds, then Poirier's corner throws in the towel or Dustin's eyes are swollen shut and the doc calls the fight off

I'd almost like to be wrong because I'd like to see Khabib challenged, but I think Tony is the only one that has a good chance to truly challenge Khabib

I’m surprised Khabib isn’t a bigger favourite.

+205 is not that heavy an underdog.

It’s about where he ended up against Max. I think that’s actually pretty respectful to Dustin given how easy KN has made it look against RDA, MJ, Barboza, Raging, and Conor.

I thought I might get a much higher number, at which point I wouldn’t mind a punt on DP.

You’ve gotta be able to hurt Khabib in order to keep him off you. Poirier has shown that he carries his power into the deep waters even when he’s taking a lot of damage (Gaethje fight for example). If Poirier can get to the 3rd the way McGregor did I think he can dig much deeper than McGregor did. Khabib would be wise not to take any rounds off. And of course there’s also the chance that Dustin can catch him with something early and change (or even end) the fight. Khabib seems to have a good chin, but the best part about it is that opponents can’t hit it when they’re on their back. Eventually someone is going to clip him and hurt him.

Back