Poirier is gonna box up Max a bit ,It will be a war and eventually Max will outlast him

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
can't sleep on Poirier

his boxing has Improved a great deal over the past few years. He's also gotten much bigger.

Max has shown that although he has moments of good head movement, angles, footwork and such..he's very susceptible to getting hit, particularly when he's on the offensive and when he gets drawn Into these wars. It's both one of his greatest strengths and weaknesses

That is where he shines though. These wars of attrition where his chin, cardio, pace, volume and heart of a warrior reign supreme.

Expect Max to get hit a fair bit. This will be the best version of Poirier we've ever seen, expect him to do better than most believe. Don't sleep on him

Eventually Max will take over though. Might go all 5

gonna be a war for sure

Last edited:
I dont think Max takes accurate Poirier bombs and survives. He better not fuck around in this fight.

I dont think Max takes accurate Poirier bombs and survives. He better not fuck around in this fight.
Max has an absurd chin

Poirier has power but I have a hard time seeing him finish Max.

More likely the other way around.

i think this one goes all 5 though

I can definitely envision Dustin starting very strong, taking the first round or two but by rounds 3 and 4 Max has his timing and pours on volume en route to a late stoppage.

Im leaning towards Dustin

Max is amazing but having a good chin is not the best defence. Especially against Dustin who likes to hit hard and in bunches.

Im leaning towards Dustin

Max is amazing but having a good chin is not the best defence. Especially against Dustin who likes to hit hard and in bunches.
well It's definitely not wise to sleep on him

good to see people aren't counting him out

Dustin can definitely land a bomb or two, but Max moves very well making it hard for anyone to really keep him in any sort of trouble. Max by TKO

Dustin can definitely land a bomb or two, but Max moves very well making it hard for anyone to really keep him in any sort of trouble. Max by TKO
he moves his feet and head reasonably well when he wants to. Cuts angles, switches stances.

The problem Is that he's way too easy to draw Into a war.

He often loses sight of his technique and defense when he does.

His last fight against Ortega, he won comfortably but he was hit a great deal..It showcased that style as both his strength and great weakness. If someone's able to expose those holes In his defense, they can give him problems.

I'd like to see Max play a more calculated game and only resort to his scrapping ways when he really needs to or when It's low risk.

he moves his feet and head reasonably well when he wants to. Cuts angles, switches stances.

The problem Is that he's way too easy to draw Into a war.

He often loses sight of his technique and defense when he does.

His last fight against Ortega, he won comfortably but he was hit a great deal..It showcased that style as both his strength and great weakness. If someone's able to expose those holes In his defense, they can give him problems.

I'd like to see Max play a more calculated game and only resort to his scrapping ways when he really needs to or when It's low risk.
I agree with his flaws, but I don't think Dustin has the chin necessary to get in those long exchanges with Max and come out on top. Never know, so glad they are fighting.

I think the most intriguing thing about this fight is it's Max's first fight at 155 so he should be a lot healthier but it will be interesting to see if his volume punches can dominate the bigger guys and could the extra weight have a negative effect on his gas tank??

You are correct so far. Max has survived the first test

can't sleep on Poirier

his boxing has Improved a great deal over the past few years. He's also gotten much bigger.

Max has shown that although he has moments of good head movement, angles, footwork and such..he's very susceptible to getting hit, particularly when he's on the offensive and when he gets drawn Into these wars. It's both one of his greatest strengths and weaknesses

That is where he shines though. These wars of attrition where his chin, cardio, pace, volume and heart of a warrior reign supreme.

Expect Max to get hit a fair bit. This will be the best version of Poirier we've ever seen, expect him to do better than most believe. Don't sleep on him

Eventually Max will take over though. Might go all 5

gonna be a war for sure
So far, this is looking like a great shout.

TS would I be happy with the nurse in Tulsa?

Back