PMP Certification

SwamiLeoni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I work for a large firm as an auditor for Company/Customer property. Basically I go out and audit manufacturing facilities to ensure compliance. I’ve been reading about a Project Management School that my company will send me to and I’m wondering if any of you have ever taken any sort of Project Management classes. I work primarily in a project management functional role and I’m really interested in the program.

Aside from the practical benefits I’ll gain from the courses, how good does it look on a resume? Is the PMP exam difficult? How do you hiring managers look at it?

Any firsthand knowledge would be appreciated.

24e3dc406cca01301d50001dd8b71c47

I have a PMP designation (engineering background), and it makes a difference! A project involves a lot of different pieces put together, that work in a functional/efficient manner, and that's where the PM comes into play. We're moving to a project based economy, whether manufacturing, construction, resources, software, etc.

PMP is difficult definitely study up! There is a whole pre PMP set of books you can read which lay out the basics before getting into the meat. I'd suggest that first

I have a PMP designation (engineering background), and it makes a difference! A project involves a lot of different pieces put together, that work in a functional/efficient manner, and that's where the PM comes into play. We're moving to a project based economy, whether manufacturing, construction, resources, software, etc.

I couldn't agree more. My degree isn't technical but my position is. I work for an Aerospace company and Project Managers are a dime a dozen here. Can't hurt at all.

PMP is difficult definitely study up! There is a whole pre PMP set of books you can read which lay out the basics before getting into the meat. I'd suggest that first

What books would you recommend?

I don't know what you heard about me...

Back