Pliny Petes Official XFL Chat Thread 2023 Season Edition

Yesterdays game was really good actually. Vipers are a good 0-3 team. Having fun with this league, might be a little better than the usfl just based on fans in stands.

That stupid beer snake has go away heat with me

Only way to fix this is to move four of the teams to LA and the other four to NYC.
The XFL should definitely hire you.

Personally, I would just throw 4 teams in San Antonio and 4 teams in Orlando. Have you seen how those San Antonio fans come out for the games?

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the 1-2-3 extra point options, adds a whole new layer of interest and excitement to every touchdown
Everything about their rule changes from the NFL are good except for the 4th and 15 option (in lieu of an onside kick). It's too strange. It have to imagine it pisses off folks making bets on the games too.

The XFL ratings have taken another dip for week 3 (which should be expected for March Madness):

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/breaking-down-xfl-tv-ratings-from-week-three/

XFL 2023 Week 3 TV Ratings:

Vegas/Seattle (FX): 528,000
DC/St. Louis (FX): 665,000
Arlington/Orlando (FX): 550,000
Houston/SA (ESPN2): 543,000

I wonder if Vince is waiting in the wings to buy his product back for cheap if the XFL is forced to declare bankruptcy again.

Last edited:
I wonder if Vince is waiting in the wings to buy his product back for cheap if the XFL is forced to declare bankruptcy again.

Do you really think that Vince would want to make another attempt at the XFL? He already tried twice before.

Like the expression goes, "The third time's the charm."

Do you really think that Vince would want to make another attempt at the XFL? He already tried twice before.

Like the expression goes, "The third time's the charm."
The only reason I might say no is because he is so old now. I have to imagine though that he is pissed that his second attempt was doing so well untill Covid tanked the whole project. The XFL was actually pulling sustainable ratings in 2020 (even during March Madness). He may still have the drive to avenge his loss.

Last edited:
The only reason I might say no is because he is so old now. I have imagine though that he is pissed that his second attempt was doing so well untill Covid tanked the whole project. The XFL was actually pulling sustainable ratings in 2020 (even during March Madness). He may still have the drive to avenge his loss.

If he actually wants to have another shot at this, then I hope Vince and the XFL do amazing things together. I watched a considerable number of matches in the 2020 XFL season and I had a good time with them.

If he actually wants to have another shot at this, then I hope Vince and the XFL do amazing things together. I watched a considerable number of matches in the 2020 XFL season and I had a good time with them.
Agree. 2020 was a well put-together season that was destroyed by obscure circumstances. Oliver Luck's vision is the main reason for that.

The league didn't do quite as well with the uniforms this time, and made a few other missteps, but the league still carried over many of the same elements from 2020. It is a shame their ratings are continuing to decline.

Agree. 2020 was a well put-together season that was destroyed by obscure circumstances. Oliver Luck's vision is the main reason for that.

The league didn't do quite as well with the uniforms this time, and made a few other missteps, but the league still carried over many of the same elements from 2020. It is a shame their ratings are continuing to decline.

Have you been watching any of the new USFL matches? I watched the final last year.

Birmingham Stallions eliminated Philadelphia Stars. I was entertained by last year's final.

Supposedly, the 2023 USFL season starts in a few weeks. I'll attempt to keep up with USFL and XFL this year.

Have you been watching any of the new USFL matches? I watched the final last year.

Birmingham Stallions eliminated Philadelphia Stars. I was entertained by last year's final.

Supposedly, the 2023 USFL season starts in a few weeks. I'll attempt to keep up with USFL and XFL this year.
I haven't watched any of that. I think it is lame that teams play in only one or two locations. I don't think people have as much interest in teams that are named after cities in which the teams do not actually play.

Houston whopping Orlando's ass at the half, but the score hasn't gotten too far away from Orlando (if they can get their shit together).

Orlando and vipers are pretty bad with Houston and DC being the cream of the crop.Battlehawks and Sea Dragons have potential. Taking the favorites along with the points and the unders hit nearly every time so far. Terrell Buckleys squad is terrible even his offensive coordinator Shane Matthews is a shit show least last few games. Wonder if coaches salary's are guaranteed because those guys should be canned.

St Louis stadium is freaking packed to the rafters and the fans are loud as fuck
A loyal fanbase is thankful to get another football team after getting fucked over by the NFL greed machine and is eager to come out and support, thats a beautiful sight

Thats exactly how it woulda been out here too if The Rock woulda been smart enough to give us our football bback

Arlington should go back to Plitt their other starting QB. Lotta money and traction in the market to be made if the xfl can get crowds like the one in St Louis tonight. Alabama assuredly would be favored over most these xfl teams right ?

The under in defenders game should be easy $$ looks like it's raining (flood advisory in area).

St Louis stadium is freaking packed to the rafters and the fans are loud as fuck
A loyal fanbase is thankful to get another football team after getting fucked over by the NFL greed machine and is eager to come out and support, thats a beautiful sight
I believe they have opened up the very top section of that stadium for the next home game, and it was already sold out a couple days ago. Every seat of that stadium should be filled for the next home game.

Last edited:
I haven't watched any of that. I think it is lame that teams play in only one or two locations. I don't think people have as much interest in teams that are named after cities in which the teams do not actually play.

In my opinion, you should give the USFL a chance. Last season was great and the 2023 season will probably be even better.

I'm sort of surprised that there isn't a St. Louis club in the USFL yet.

Back