Pliny Pete's Movie Monday-O-Rama

Pliny Pete

Puts Butts In Seats
@plutonium
Reaction score
As some of you know I spend most Mondays in the movie theater taking in Hollywood's latest offerings and reviewing them for my nerd friends in the Pro Wrestling Sub Forum
Decided to bring my reviews into the Mayberry for all to enjoy

Today we're watching Underwater, 1917 and Like A Boss

Underwater was solid, exactly what you expect from the trailers
It's basically Alien under the sea
One complaint is I wish they woulda spent a 5 or 10 minutes introducing you to the characters before the action started because by the time you start caring about these people, half of em are already dead
Couple jump scares, some tension and a dope ass reveal of the main heel with a decent ending
In conclusion, it's a good but not great movie that is perfect for a Red Box Saturday night

5 outta 7 thumbs up

As some of you know I spend most Mondays in the movie theater taking in Hollywood's latest offerings and reviewing them for my nerd friends in the Pro Wrestling Sub Forum
Decided to bring my reviews into the Mayberry for all to enjoy

Today we're watching Underwater, 1917 and Like A Boss

Underwater was solid, exactly what you expect from the trailers
It's basically Alien under the sea
One complaint is I wish they woulda spent a 5 or 10 minutes introducing you to the characters before the action started because by the time you start caring about these people, half of em are already dead
Couple jump scares, some tension and a dope ass reveal of the main heel with a decent ending
In conclusion, it's a good but not great movie that is perfect for a Red Box Saturday night

5 outta 7 thumbs up
1 holy fuck you have 7 thumbs??

2 it sounds to me as if those characters were considered expendable if they died so fast. Il definitely give a watch to see if I'm correct.

Thanks for the review.

I forgot about that movie, looks okish other than that chick in it.
Looks like a cross between Leviathan, Deep Star Six and SHAFT! Shut yo mouth!

Jump scares bother me. 3 out of 15 thumbs from me.

was re-watching Donnie Brasco last night.

Lefty always reminds me of my pops..

Wait..... this has become a thread?
source.gif

I seen One Hour Photo two days ago for the first time. Robin Williams was an amazing talent, should still be around.

Wasn't sure if I was even gonna watch 1917 when I got to the theater but man am I glad I did
Wow that is one powerful film
The slow creeping tension in some of the early parts of the movie was damn near too much to take
Movie did a great job making you feel the terror, horror and hopelessness of everything that was happening around them
Heard people say there wasn't a lot of action for a war movie but I gotta disagree cause there was nonstop chaos and death happening in this movie
Was a little disappointing to see CGI in a film like this but it was only noticeable for a few seconds so it wasn't too bad
Ending will probably make you mist up a tiny bit
In conclusion I didn't like this movie as much as I liked Joker or Knives Out but I'm not gonna disagree with anyone that says it's a better film and it will definitely win Best Picture

I give it my Highest 7 Thumbs Up Recommendation

Now it's time to end the day with some stupid laughs and watch Like A Boss

Need a laugh after that last movie

I'm not even gonna waste my time reviewing Like A Boss
I just strongly recommend that you don't go see that steaming pile of lobster shit
It was so, so terrible

Back