Please stop making out like Nate is a big guy

Nate is big. the fact he isn't musclebound but fights at 170 division is more proof how big he is. Conor is a big FW like how GSP is a "big" WW due to his muscular build.

I keep reading in the last few days that Conor has huge balls to move up to face a much bigger guy at welterweight. Well sorry to disappoint but I have personally seen Nate Diaz at UFC fan expo in 2014 and he is not a big guy, he might be about 6 foot but he is very slim, he is not broad or has a large frame, he is no bigger than Porier who Conor already beat.

Nate has fought literally his whole career at Lightweight 155, and he is a smallish to average sized lightweight. Conor has a lot more meat on the bones that Nate, Nate may be taller but if he was 5'9'' he would be at 135 I think, I seen him in person and he is very slim.
No Nate is bigger. It's called a measuring stick.

Nate is a behemoth at 155. He's a legit 6'3'' and close in size to Rockhold, but with slightly less muscle mass. Here he is dwarfing a huge WW Rory.

DiazvsMacDonaldUFC129_crop_340x234.jpg

Are you serious ? Rory is clearly bending his knees

Pretty amazing how Nate has gone from being a big light weight contender or at the very least, top 5 gateway fighter to a relatively small LW who doesn't carry any muscle mass, one dimensional in his attacks and isn't that great of a fighter.

This thread is about size though. Compare that pic with Conor at FW.
Something to consider-- in the case of both McGregor and Nate, a lot of muscle is composed of water. Both guys drained at weigh-ins, for different weight classes no less, probably isn't the most accurate representation of mass.

Nate is big. the fact he isn't musclebound but fights at 170 division is more proof how big he is. Conor is a big FW like how GSP is a "big" WW due to his muscular build.

Nate is tall and skinny and he is generally considered the least physical guy in the top 10. We've seen him out muscled plenty of times at 155lbs.

Rory Macdonald was suplexing him just for show. Literally throwing him over his head at will. Of course Nate couldn't stay at welterweight because he's far too small. He would need to take a year off and build up some muscle mass.

For his part, Conor looked like an old dying goat on the scale at 145lbs. Drawn in and miserable. Suffice to say making that cut, by all accounts, was brutal.

He's a natural 155lbs fighter and thats where he fought before he took an opportunity with the UFC. I think without the brutal weight cut we see the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen. The cut to 145lbs was holding him back if anything.

I keep reading in the last few days that Conor has huge balls to move up to face a much bigger guy at welterweight. Well sorry to disappoint but I have personally seen Nate Diaz at UFC fan expo in 2014 and he is not a big guy, he might be about 6 foot but he is very slim, he is not broad or has a large frame, he is no bigger than Porier who Conor already beat.

Nate has fought literally his whole career at Lightweight 155, and he is a smallish to average sized lightweight. Conor has a lot more meat on the bones that Nate, Nate may be taller but if he was 5'9'' he would be at 135 I think, I seen him in person and he is very slim.
he is 6' or over. not a big guy by HW standards, but certainly bigger than Conor McMidget.

So Conor is jumping two weights to fight a 6' 170 fighter. What planet is TS on? Has anyone else went from 145 fights to 170 in only months.....or at all?

McGregor is moving up to 170 to fight a 155lb fighter. It's not like he's moving to 170 to fight a WW. Nate is moving up too. If he had ample time to train the fight would be at 155. Wtf don't you understand about that?

He's basically the same height as carlos condit. Btw didnt read

He's a natural 155lbs fighter and thats where he fought before he took an opportunity with the UFC. I think without the brutal weight cut we see the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen. The cut to 145lbs was holding him back if anything.

That is not where he fought before the UFC. He took the LW shot in Cage Warriors because the belt was vacant. Prior to that, 11/13 fights were at Featherweight.

The cut to 145lbs was holding him back? He steamrolled through his six opponents in the UFC, knocking five of them out in less than two rounds and then KOed the #1 P4P undisputed FW Champion Jose Aldo in 13 seconds.

I think he was doing alright at 145.

When I met Nate he looked my height (6 feet, maybe 6'1"), I thought for sure he was smaller than I was weight wise and I walk around at 171-175 and have more muscle mass.

Conor is a huuuuge FW, so I think their weights are probably much closer than people think.

That is not where he fought before the UFC. He took the LW shot in Cage Warriors because the belt was vacant. Prior to that, 11/13 fights were at Featherweight.

Conor fought two consecutive fights prior to his UFC signing at 155lbs. That is not arguable, that is a fact. My statement was exactly 100% true - he was fighting at lightweight before he was signed to the UFC.

The cut to 145lbs was holding him back? He steamrolled through his six opponents in the UFC, knocking five of them out in less than two rounds and then KOed the #1 P4P undisputed FW Champion Jose Aldo in 13 seconds.

I think he was doing alright at 145.

I said I think he looked horribly drawn in at weigh in. If you dispute that we have to play a game called 'stupid or liar.' He clearly makes a heroic cut to get down to 145lbs and yes I think that lowers his potential.

My opinion is we will see the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen at 155lbs. His power will translate - he hits so hard that going up a division won't matter, he had one-punch KO power. Now he'll be more physical and less stress on his body.

Saying he will be better suited for 155lbs isn't mutually exclusive with saying he's not successful at 145lbs. I never said that, you just made it up to have something to say. He is the 145lbs champion, it is a forgone conclusion he's successful.

His best potential is going to be reached at 155lbs because he won't have to kill his body to make weight. That is my opinion.

I think you mean skinny fat

I don't like post. I punch you in kidneys OP.

Like that? Make me a sandwich!

Conor fought two consecutive fights prior to his UFC signing at 155lbs. That is not arguable, that is a fact. My statement was exactly 100% true - he was fighting at lightweight before he was signed to the UFC.

That is arguable, because it is not fact. Which two fights did he fight consecutively at lightweight?

Would you now consider Cerrone a WW seeing as he just fought at WW?

I said I think he looked horribly drawn in at weigh in. If you dispute that we have to play a game called 'stupid or liar.' He clearly makes a heroic cut to get down to 145lbs and yes I think that lowers his potential.

My opinion is we will see the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen at 155lbs. His power will translate - he hits so hard that going up a division won't matter, he had one-punch KO power. Now he'll be more physical and less stress on his body.

Saying he will be better suited for 155lbs isn't mutually exclusive with saying he's not successful at 145lbs. I never said that, you just made it up to have something to say. He is the 145lbs champion, it is a forgone conclusion he's successful.

His best potential is going to be reached at 155lbs because he won't have to kill his body to make weight. That is my opinion.

You said the weightcut was holding him back. Did he look slow? Did he look lethargic? Did he look weak?

I've no doubt that not having a big weight cut will impact him positively, I just don't believe it held him back and his track record proves that.

That is arguable, because it is not fact. Which two fights did he fight consecutively at lightweight?

You said Cage Warriors, in which Conor fought twice consecutively (for Cage Warriors) at lightweight. What part of that confuses you? His last fight before fighting in the UFC was at lightweight, and it was his second time fighting as a lightweight for that organization.

You said the weightcut was holding him back. Did he look slow? Did he look lethargic? Did he look weak? I've no doubt that not having a big weight cut will impact him positively, I just don't believe it held him back and his track record proves that.

You're either having fun or you are legitimately a ding-dong. Probably having fun. Lets copy-pasta what I wrote verbatim:

"For his part, Conor looked like an old dying goat on the scale at 145lbs. Drawn in and miserable. Suffice to say making that cut, by all accounts, was brutal.

"

I didn't cast aspersion his performances, I'm clearly noting that its not healthy for him to make heroic cuts. You can add to this by noting long term, this will be bad, or perhaps you live in a parallel universe where he'll be 27 years old forever.

Without the brutal weight cut, we get the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen. That is not hard to understand, you just want to build some other narrative and inject into the discussion.

Back