Please share your opinion on this free-form self defense

You'd make short work of 99% of people though because most people don't know anything about fighting. If a person's good enough to deter most untrained & unarmed men then that's great, whether it's an average sized girl or a small guy or whoever. I think a sport like boxing is very good for self defense for those who might not have a lot of time to invest in a martial art generally, because they'll get sparring and get used to being punched in a potentially shorter space of time than with other martial arts, which will at least build fortitude and grit.

yeah i agree with totally but this chick im speaking of is well trained herself. shes good at striking and a purple belt in BJJ.

on the other end of it, there are some large strong powerful athletic girls out there. I have met Rhonda Rhouseys roommate a handful of times when she came to train at millennia mma, i forget her name and wont act like i know her, but had trained alongside her several times years ago. Anyways fighting that chick would definitely be a fight for sure. But she was alot taller than me, well trained, and much thicker, probably had 50 lbs or so on me. So for it to be a level playing field for a women, she needs to be well trained, and much larger than the man

LOL that 2nd pic is priceless. :D
What to do if assaulted by Greg from accounting?
Oh no, he's approaching with that crappy report again!
Kick him in the stomach!!!
* Bonus points if you're wearing a short skirt and everyone gets to see your panties!

which is the whole point of the skirt anyways....just like the see through yoga pants that look normal but are see through when they bend over etc.

LOL that 2nd pic is priceless. :D
What to do if assaulted by Greg from accounting?
Oh no, he's approaching with that crappy report again!
Kick him in the stomach!!!
* Bonus points if you're wearing a short skirt and everyone gets to see your panties!

But say you get surprised and you don't even fully feel the first jabbing of the knife.

i guess if you somehow end up in an elevator, and someone attacks you with a knife, maybe one option is to go for two on one wrist control and go for some sort of arm lock/kimura to wrestle the knife out? or try and throw a KO punch and hope you're wrist doesn't get slashed...

i guess if you somehow end up in an elevator, and someone attacks you with a knife, maybe one option is to go for two on one wrist control and go for some sort of arm lock/kimura to wrestle the knife out? or try and throw a KO punch and hope you're wrist doesn't get slashed...

In 3 steps it's supposed to be 1. avoid the trajectory of the knife, 2. grab/control the wrist/arm holding the knife, 3. attack the head and groin to make the aggressor forget about the knife for a split second, 4. grab the knife away, or push the blade into the attacker's body.

Now of course that's the theory, it's easier said than done and can go terribly wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back