Please recommend Wrestling conditioning drills

How heavy are those plates?

Also, bummer for the heavy guy who got one without handles, that should make a huuuuge difference.

I think part of the advantage Rogan is talking about is a mental one gained from a high level of competition from a young age.

One of the harder ground-based drills I always like requires a partner. They start in full guard, you're on top, they're pulling you down. Every time they call a number, you try to pop up onto your feet, and you hit the shield they're holding the number they called, then you drop back down and the struggle continues...

I don't think it's so much they are doing something different than you are. I think it has more to do with they have been doing serious bodyweight condition at the very least since they were 14. Varsity high school wrestlers don't just spend two hours a day in practice. They wake up in the morning for a 2-3 mile jog, some stairs, lift weights during school, have wrestling practice, then after dinner will do some sit ups, pull ups and push ups. Then if they wrestle in college its x2.

I was impressed with that 1-legged dude. And yes, poor chubby big guy with the big handleless plate.

It's not the specific drills, it's the daily grind of going after it 100%, being in a room full of guys trying to take your spot, trying to be state champs. It's basically being around people who are there to win. When your wrestling your going 100%, your not "flo rolling" or taking breaks just because your tired.

Back