Please Recommend Some Heavy Mind Blowing Music

Nuh-uh!

images

Yu-Huh(to Infinty!):icon_chee

Devildriver: Clouds over California, Grinfuck, The Fury of Our Maker's Hand, Knee Deep

Been listening to the ablum Malice, by Through the Eyes of the Dead, and like the last three Darkest Hour albums on my way to training or while lifting lately.

Wow! keep em coming guys, some great stuff so far. Listening to them, will post my thoughts later.

Liked the old vocalist better, he was unique.

Last edited:
If these fit the bill, let me know, and I'll rec some more to you. There are a lot, so I didn't embed videos.

Darkest Hour - Doomsayer (The Beginning of the Exit) [not really metal, more metalcore, for you genre enthusiasts out there]

Death - The Philosopher, Spirit Crusher, Pull the Plug

Gojira - The Heaviest Matter of the Universe (lots of Gojira songs would fit the bill, but this one came to mind first)

In Flames - Pinball Map, Jotun, The Quiet Place

Kataklysm - Crippled and Broken

Lamb of God - Hourglass, Omerta

Machine Head - Davidian, Halo, Hallowed Be Thy Name (brilliant cover of a classic), Aesthetics of Hate, Imperium

Mastodon - The Wolf is Loose, Crystal Skull, Oblivion, Ghost of Karelia, Blood and Thunder (one of my favorites)

Megadeth - Holy Wars, Tornado of Souls, Hangar 18, Five Magics, Kick the Chair

Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls (a favorite classic of mine)

Nevermore - The Psalm of Lydia, The River Dragon Has Come

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell, Drag the Waters, lots of other stuff (their catalog in general is pretty heavy and groove-tastic)

Shadows Fall - Still I Rise, War, King of Nothing, Failure of the Devout, Final Call, The Light That Blinds, What Drives the Weak, Inspiration on Demand, The Power of I and I

The Showdown - Carry On Wayward Son (another brilliant cover of a timeless classic)

Testament - Disciples of the Watch, The Preacher, Into the Pit, Trial By Fire

Twelve Tribes - Venus Complex

Unearth - Zombie Autopilot, The Great Dividers

36 Crazyfists - At The End of August, Slit Wrist Theory, Waterhaul, Bury Me Where I Fall, I'll Go Until My Heart Stops, Elysium, Midnight Swim, Destroy the Map, The All Night Lights, Absent are the Saints

EDIT: Great sig, by the way. I'm a philosophy major :)

Last edited:
second for Dry Kill Logic

Also try to obtain a copy of the album Predator by The Taste of Blood. The band had some shared members with Animosity and when Animosity started taking off the Taste of Blood kind of disappeared, but that is probably one of the best heavy albums out there.

bleeding through.

Yes.

can't find the vids I want but some other songs: The Painkiller, What I Bleed Without You, Tragedy of Empty Streets...Bunch of good shit. Used to love that band a ton. "This Is Love, This Is Murderous" is a fucking great album for me still.

Yes.

can't find the vids I want but some other songs: The Painkiller, What I Bleed Without You, Tragedy of Empty Streets...Bunch of good shit. Used to love that band a ton. "This Is Love, This Is Murderous" is a fucking great album for me still.

I gave that tune a listen. Not bad, but not that good, ether.

Pros -- Musicianship was pretty pinpoint accurate, the instrumental parts were catchy yet hard-hitting, the arrangement was decent and they ended the song promptly, at 3:48. I appreciate that they're trying to bridge between catchiness and brutality. Decent production.

Cons -- Cookie monster vocals sound really fuckin' silly on love songs, even tormented love songs, even vengeful love songs. And this guy's CM vox are about as cookie-cutter as it gets -- nothing unique about 'em. I didn't hear anything original in terms of the instrumental parts, either.

This is not a music forum. Having said that, that's some heavy shit you're listening to - though more of a thrash fan myself, I like all of the stuff you listed and especially for lifting when you need to feel like the biggest motherfucker in the room. These are songs that get shit up off of the ground and which you might like:

Song - Artist:
ObZen - Meshuggah
Eaten - Bloodbath
Future Breed Machine Mayhem Version - Meshuggah
Throwing Down - Exodus
Souls of Black - Testament

Robot - Big Dumb Face
D.N.R - Testament
War is my Shepherd - Exodus
Refuse/Resist - Sepultura
Jihad - Slayer

Also check out Auto Da F

Songs I love to work out with:

Converge - Heaven in her arms, Wishing well, Black cloud, The broken vow
Discharge - The nightmare continues, Protest and survive
Disrupt - No one seems to give a fuck, Domestic prison
Entombed - When life has ceased, Supposed to rot
Morbid Angel - Maze of torment
Anti Cimex - Hatred
Repulsion - Black breath
Trap Them - Day thirteen: the protest hour, Day fourteen: pulse mavens
Black Breath - Black sin
Pig Destroyer - Naked Trees, Trojan whore, Crippled horses, Thought crime spree

I just listened to Disturbed's latest album, "Asylum"....

What the hell happened to them!?!?!!!

They've gone all Linkin Park! This isn't metal anymore!

"Warrior" is the only decent song on that album...that and the U2 cover.

Here y'go -- "Superunknown," from the album of the same name, by Soundgarden.

I need to update my ipod.

This is some of the stuff I usually listen to while training:

Sepultura - Roots
Lamb of God - Dead Seeds, Ruin, Walk with Me in Hell
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
Killswitch Engage - My Curse
Disturbed - Indestructible
Converge - Damages
Pantera - Shedding Skin
Megadeth - Architecture of Aggression
Isis - Grinning Mouths
Baroness - Golgotha

Based on this I'd really be grateful for some recommendations.

You seem to have a lot of old school thrash on there. I'm not an expert on thrash (it's a little before my time ;]), but I do know a bit about heavy music in general.

Do you like angry hardcore? If so:

Demolisher - I-Doser
Legend - In Sight
Colossal - Letting Go
The Acacia Strain - BTM FDR

I'm not an expert on thrash, but I do like some faster hardcore with thrashy drums.

Wolf City - Unchecked Aggression
This is Hell - Worship Syndrome

If you're into deathcore type stuff, then:
Hearts Fall for Danny Tanner - Endure and Prevail
Chelsea Grin
Blind Witness
Veil of Maya (my absolute favorite band)

Obviously the genres are different, but if you like LoG and Killswitch then you will probably find some of the deathcore bands enjoyable.

Back