Please Recommend Some Heavy Mind Blowing Music

All PRs in recent memory have been set to one of the following bands (not all songs were available on youtube):

Ill Nino is pretty loud and annoying, you may like that.

When I lift I listen to

Minor Threat
xLooking Forwardx
Agnostic Front
Discipline
Black Flag
Norma Jean
Fugazi
La Dispute
Dropkick Murphys

i dont think this guys looking for old school/old school style hardcore

damn, it looks like hardcore, fake hardcore and fake metal is everywhere...

try arkangel from belgium

I don't think that's what he's looking for either, but here's to hoping he could develop a taste in music.

This album...

And this album...

And this song...

And this song...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I've been lifting to a lot of Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet for my Valentine, and Killswitch Engage. Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, or Trivium if I want some heavier stuff. Still like to listen to Mudvayne or Slipknot and RATM. Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, Sevendust, Volbeat, Dethklok, Stone Sour, Korn, Pantera, SOAD, and Tool are also on my playlist.

TheeFaulted..

You are correct and I am sorry I referred to it as "not as screamo" and should have used one of the 1000 different genres you death metal gurus have developed thus far. I was trying to contribute by suggesting some bands that he MIGHT like that were a little outside of his genre, but I hope it made your day to catch me on my errant labeling.

I am also sorry that talented, successful bands such as Bullet for my valentine, three days grace, chevelle, and Linkin park upset you so much. As a musician, I have the ability to appreciate music for its overall talent level despite the genre (even if i would prefer to listen to something else), but I would not expect you to do the same so I will let you hold your opinions and I will move on with my day.

Death metal, emo, screamo, thrash metal, dark metal FTW! is that better?

TheeFaulted..

You are correct and I am sorry I referred to it as "not as screamo" and should have used one of the 1000 different genres you death metal gurus have developed thus far. I was trying to contribute by suggesting some bands that he MIGHT like that were a little outside of his genre, but I hope it made your day to catch me on my errant labeling.

I am also sorry that talented, successful bands such as Bullet for my valentine, three days grace, chevelle, and Linkin park upset you so much. As a musician, I have the ability to appreciate music for its overall talent level despite the genre (even if i would prefer to listen to something else), but I would not expect you to do the same so I will let you hold your opinions and I will move on with my day.

Death metal, emo, screamo, thrash metal, dark metal FTW! is that better?

I'm no death metal guru. And I'm sure I make mistakes in labeling metal bands. I'm more of a punk/hardcore guy myself. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine when people label every band that screams as "screamo", that's not what that label means at all.

I'm a musician myself, though I claim no mastery of anything. I love music from many genres from punk to bluegrass, from folk to blues. Success says very little of talent, and there is nothing about the musical stylings or lyrics of Three Days Grace or Chevelle that impresses me.

Ok well I can understand your personal pet peave. Everyone has them. I just felt like I got flamed for a simple mislabel. And I would tend to agree chevelle and three days grace are not "amazing", buttt you have to admit Bullet is pretty talented. (their drummer is sick, that is what I play so I have somewhat of a drummer obsession). Anyway, I will refrain from labeling bands as "screamo" from now on and stick to giving descriptions instead.

Sorry to temporarily hijack your thread.... resume recommending music.

black dahlia murder
veil of maya
sworn enemy
the warriors
every time i die

As someone said in the last thread, anything by Bolt Thrower

Back