Please pick a PC game for me

Warframe is okay. Only okay. I can't see anyone playing it for 10 years as a main game, though. Lately I've been heavily into co-op games like Warframe, Payday 2, Dungeon Defenders games, etc. None of those are the sort of games you'll play for years at a time, though.

I'm going to recommend "Smite". It's free-to-play, it's a MOBA with a small but significant difference in the genre. No overhead camera. The controls are similar to MMOs where you see from behind your character. It's good enough that it can keep you satisfied for a long time, and unlike LoL and Dota (In Dota they're all free, I think) the characters can be purchased in a lump-sum payment. Something like $30 for all Gods current and future as they are released. Smite doesn't have the same level of depth as Dota, nor the extremely steep learning curve. It's my preferred game of the two. I'll even say the community is less toxic, but it's like asking if you'd rather drink cyanide or gargle an anthrax cocktail.

If you have any interest in Payday 2 it should be on sale here in the next couple days, it will be the 2 year anniversary of the game's launch. It's a very fun co-op shooter with optional stealth mechanics.

And, back to Warframe... if you like to grind, go for it. If you don't like grinding and farming, stay away. It is very, very grindy. It's better than it used to be, and more fun, but it's still not to the level that it would be a main game for most gamers.

I would go with D3 first but only if you are going to play HC. Game is immensely fun if you crank the difficulty up to just right where you are in danger of dying.

solitaire.jpg

or

XP.png

IMO

Character building, min/maxing and loot doesn't really sound like a MOBA. That leaves D3 and PoE.

D3 will continue to get new content (patches + expansions) but with the season (and general) concept of the game, most people, myself included, only play for a couple months at a time before getting burned out. I'm totally fine with that but if you're looking for a hardcore time investment this might not be your thing and PoE would be a better pick.

Still, I'd recommend trying both.
D3 has a huge patch and new season coming up on the 28th of this month (patch a little earlier but season start would be the perfect time to jump into the game).
PoE is f2p so it's not like you have to choose between the two of them.

Character building, min/maxing and loot doesn't really sound like a MOBA. That leaves D3 and PoE.

D3 will continue to get new content (patches + expansions) but with the season (and general) concept of the game, most people, myself included, only play for a couple months at a time before getting burned out. I'm totally fine with that but if you're looking for a hardcore time investment this might not be your thing and PoE would be a better pick.

Still, I'd recommend trying both.
D3 has a huge patch and new season coming up on the 28th of this month (patch a little earlier but season start would be the perfect time to jump into the game).
PoE is f2p so it's not like you have to choose between the two of them.

thanks

I am working on a Sader right now. Had a level 60 Barb before ROS came out and like you said got bored. ROS seems better so I am working on that right now.

Just d/led POE and will give it a try for a month and see how it is. I enjoyed D2 so I think I will enjoy POE.

Back