Please pick a PC game for me

Mondo Freaks

Green Gucci Suit
@Steel
Reaction score
Hello Sherdog gamers,

I am looking to start a new game. I usually focus on one game for like 10 years so this game should go beyond campaign.

I am looking for a game to:

1. Spend time on
2. Character building- Looking to max out character with best loot and experience lvl
3. Quests
4. multiplayer

Choices are: DOTA 2, Diablo 3, League of Legends, Path of Exile

So whats a good game to build a character for 5 years?

Elite Dangerous

Stay away from D3 if long term gaming is your thing. It doesn't have the same replay value as D2 did. You can "max out" your character in a few months easily. Unless you consider they have "seasons" now so you can start over again and again. However, unlike D2 there are no ladders so the race to the top doesn't exist.

I might get shat on for saying this, but League is a dumbed down version of DOTA. They took out some of the complexity, but did add other things into it. Generally, DOTA is considered the harder game, but I believe LoL has a larger user base (both are huge regardless).

Path of Exile is a grinder's game. You can spending years on that game and never max your character. It is definitely a step up from D3. They add new content all the time.

So between your two genres:

Path of Exile over D3

DOTA 2 over League of Legends

To be honest, none of those games are interesting. Why ill back elite.

Why not give em a try aside from diablo they are f2p

So glad Warframe isn't on this list...you are on the right path there.

Wildstar is going F2P I'm gonna be playing it when it does.

Cities. Skylines

You Love it and spend A lot of time on it.

have not played path of exile. other three i would not play again. so i vote that.

p.s. i know nothing bout games.

Just d/led DOTA 2.

thanks for the recommendations.

Pillars of Eternity.

No MP, but who cares. The quality is excellent overall; gameplay wise (d&d'ish), visually, sound, voice acting, immersion.

It's a throwback to Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc.

Mountain blade.

Cheap and awesome, and a sequel is coming soon.

Elite Dangerous

Holy s...... I didn't know anything about this game. So I decided to look it up and found this set up.

41754_034_elite-dangerous-played-screens-touch-panels-head-tracking.png

Man, I'm an amateur

Path of Exile is FREE. It was the game i went to after being disappointed by Diablo.

Back