Please not the interim horse shit again...

I wouldn't mind an interim belt, it is a last minute replacement fight where the champion pulled out. RDA should have been much more careful in his preparation.

It will be even better when they do a champion vs champion fight again when he has recovered.

The interim belts used to mean something though, they aren't the real belt but they meant something when they were created for a legit reason and the top 2 guys fought for it. When the champ is out but defended his belt less than 2 months ago there is no reason to create an interim belt and it doesn't mean anything.

Interim belts mean that the UFC is still to "new" to the world of combat sports to professionally handle the inevitable issue that has been occurring since the 1800's in other established combat sport organizations.

I have to admit, it does take the offspring of a rocket scientist with a clairvoyant to consider the possibility of a champion or the #1 contender to be injured prior to the title bout.

Some MMA fanboys like to look at particular champions "bodies" and could never accept the solution in my signature.

Enjoy boys and girls!

Most people who are booked for a title shot will not accept a short-notice change of opponent. They will wait it out for their original opponent rather than risk losing and in turn losing the title shot.

So if McGregor accepts a short-notice opponent change, he deserves a huge amount of respect. And if it means an interim belt then just fucking give it to him. I would prefer interim belts in these situations rather than everybody pulling out and ruining cards.

Back