Please not the interim horse shit again...

the fact that it's fake means there is no difference.

How come ? RDA beat a #1 contender to get the title shot,beat the champion to get the belt,beat #1 contender to defend it. Its legit as fuck.

And Conor wouldn't even beat a champion and would be the first fight at LW if he gets the interim bullshit after defeating a top5 fighter.

It really is unnecessary.

Correction, you meant to say damn it not another Brazilian champion pulling out right before having to fight McGoat. RDA must have watched that Aldo KO a few too many times.

Correction, hey RDA here's some money, go pull something. Now we can get our cash cow another short notice fight.

How come ? RDA beat a #1 contender to get the title shot,beat the champion to get the belt,beat #1 contender to defend it. Its legit as fuck.

And Conor wouldn't even beat a champion and would be the first fight at LW if he gets the interim bullshit after defeating a top5 fighter.

It really is unnecessary.

Right, so if it is for the interim or a number 1 contender bout, what's the difference? It's the same fight regardless. RDA is still the champ. No reason to get worked up over it.

The people who get worked up over the interim belt being fake are the same ones who take it too seriously.

ufc is fucked on this one, if they don't make it interim they will loose a lot of buys (unless they put mcgregor against nate diaz and the trash talk + hype machine are efficient), plus mcgregor won't potentially be able to fight for WW belt at ufc 200 (wont be for LW either because RDA wont come back so soon).
Since RDA just defended the belt and had serious injury, if the UFC makes this interim, they will loose almost as much credibility as bellator with dada vs kimbo

hes been preparing for 155, theres not a chance in hell they have him cut to 145. i cant believe anyone thinks this might even happen, he fights at 155 100%.
I'm not saying he should defend it on March 5th, but April or May. If RDA really has a broken foot he'll be out for at least 4-5 months.

the fact that it's fake means there is no difference.

The interim belts used to mean something though, they aren't the real belt but they meant something when they were created for a legit reason and the top 2 guys fought for it. When the champ is out but defended his belt less than 2 months ago there is no reason to create an interim belt and it doesn't mean anything.

How can the UFC risk an interim fight? Against whom? You think they want to risk giving Cerrone or Nate the next title fight against RDA? Its a huge gamble unless you can put one of your top dogs in the fight...Khabib, El CooCoo, maybe Pettis, etc.

It's probably a legit injury. McGregor was probably in his head just like Aldo... He was training 200% 24/7 trying to lessen the deficit between the two fighters, got over-aggressive, broke foot.

An interim belt would be the dumbest and most biased thing the UFC has ever done. RDA just fought in late December. He has defended his belt more recently than Conor beat Aldo...

they are so desperate, they will probably give him the interim ahead of ufc200

Correction, hey RDA here's some money, go pull something. Now we can get our cash cow another short notice fight.

When the last short notice fight was the closest Conor has ever been to losing? I promise you the ufc would rather have Conor get two belts and sell crazy ppv's than have him beat some random contender.

RDA defended the belt like 2 months ago so an interim belt would be plain bullshit. Let McGregor defend the featherweight belt against Edgar instead

Lol Conor isnt making 145 in two weeks.

Lol Conor isnt making 145 in two weeks.
I'm not saying he should defend it on March 5th, but April or May. If RDA really has a broken foot he'll be out for at least 4-5 months.

The interim belts used to mean something though, they aren't the real belt but they meant something when they were created for a legit reason and the top 2 guys fought for it. When the champ is out but defended his belt less than 2 months ago there is no reason to create an interim belt and it doesn't mean anything.
Conor's interim belt DID mean something. Jose hadn't fought in over a year and it was his 5th time pulling out of a fight. With that said an interim belt at 155 right now makes no sense.

They can't - dos Anjos only fought in December. The issue some people would complain about would be a women's title fight being co-main event to a non title one. I doubt Holm and Tate will care considering they'll still earn big $ either way.

Cerrone would be awesome but is it enough time for him to make weight? I know he's in shape just coming off of a fight but I would imagine he would still need to cut some weight.

Conor's interim belt DID mean something. Jose hadn't fought in over a year and it was his 5th time pulling out of a fight. With that said an interim belt at 155 right now makes no sense.

I didn't say Conor's interim belt didn't mean something, it did, at that point it made sense as Aldo had not fought in a bit over a year and was injured. RDA fought 2 months ago and was on pace to fight 7 times in about a 2 year time frame which is a lot for a UFC fighter especially a champion.

Why do you care? They're not stripping RDA, both he and Conor will fight for the belt once he's back regardless... Besides being able to call Conor's next fight a title fight for marketing/headlining reasons it literally makes no difference.

Back