Please make Matt brown vs Hector Lombard

If lombard doesnt gas I dont see how brown could win but then again brown is hungry for that title he could step his game up that much more before their fight.

I think Hector wins this fight fairly easily. Like just about everyoine in the top ten, Hector is too skilled for Brown. The only reason why Brown has been having so much success is because he's fighting average opponents. The moment he takes a step up in competition the winning streak stops I think.

Why do so many people on this forum think Lombard fades into oblivion after the first round? Did no one see him grapplefuck Shlemenko for five rounds? Does no one remember him winning the third round against Okami after getting LnPed for the first two rounds? Hell, in his last fight he won all three rounds.

Honestly I would probably bet on Lombard beating Brown if Lombard was -225 or better.

It would be interesting to see Browns pressure based approach versus Lombards measured distancing and blitzing counter punches. I think it would start out very technical and devolve into a bar room brawl by the end.

Browne is a beast but he would get tool by Lombard.
just my opinion but he can't even finish baby gas Silva in the 2nd round.
Lombard punch way harder than Silva and way stronger.

look at what he did to Jake Shield. he toss Shield around like it was nothing.
Brown is vulnerable to body shot, Lombard probably finish him via body shot.

I like brown vs lawler/jake

3 round fight, Lombards a nightmare for him.

5 round fight- could go either way in my opinion because you'd have to imagine hector would start to fade and brown would pour it on from rd 3 onward.

3 round fight, Lombards a nightmare for him.

5 round fight- could go either way in my opinion because you'd have to imagine hector would start to fade and brown would pour it on from rd 3 onward.

That really depends if he makes it that far and if he does I could see Lombard being up 3-0 going into the 4th round.

so, why would you want to give lombard an easy fight? what would that achieve?

Because he only cares about humiliating Brown and his fans. Not exactly a noble goal, but that's what this thread is about.

Because 7 wins in a row is nothing special.

Some of the wins Brown has had have not been so special. For me it isn't the 7 wins, it is how he has won that makes him special.

On topic, a fight vs Lombard actually makes a buttload of sense and would be fun to watch, especially if it were a 5 rounder. Lombard could finish Brown early, Brown could finish Lombard later....it'd be a great fight. I'd personally pick Lombard.

Hope this gets made and Matt Brown crushes Lombard and gets his title shot.

Not likely but I can't stand Lombard and would love if Matt Brown were the first to beat him at WW.

Back