Please make Matt brown vs Hector Lombard

Lombard would ragdoll Brown and imagine if Hector kicked Brown to the gut like Silva did, damn...

Lombard just fell one ranking below Brown after Brown's recent win.

To the person who said Lombard's next fight was already picked, wrong. White just said re. Lombard v. Brown:

"Yeah, that is possible. Obviously Hector is ranked at No. five or six and no sign of Diaz - no sign of both Diaz brothers. We will see what happens; I think Nate would have a better possibility of fighting before Nick. Until those guys call me then I don't even think about them. We offered fights to Nate and Nick is in retirement."

Nobody would think two fighters ranked one after the other is a crazy matchup. Lombard and Brown are the two most aggressive fighters in their division. This is a v. easy fight to market. Both men have been dominant and finished fights.

Nothing wrong with the winner of this top-6 fight getting a titleshot. Anyone who beats Lombard should be considered for a belt fight. Brown's done enough to earn Lombard.

This could be a sick fight. Many fighters would be scared to fight Lombard - run like Nate M. did. Not Brown.

Brown could win. If Hector comes in injured or has an off night.

I'm all in on this fight lombard or Matt brown vs returning Anderson silva!?!? Ehhhh

Lombard can't handle Brown's pace. In a 5 Round fight, Brown wins. Lombard won't be able to stand stationary and swat at flies as he likes to do in the standup.

I like this match up...if Brown wins then he can back up his talk

It would be interesting but I see Lombard and his judo controlling the fight. If Brown can keep it standing he deserves a title fight. I don't now if UFC would make such an intriguing matchup.

It would be a test for both fighters. Test Browns resilience against a true killer and test Lombard ability against a fighter who can finish late when he needs to.

I have Lombard in this one.
I don't think anyone at ww can beat him.

Lombard can't handle Brown's pace. In a 5 Round fight, Brown wins. Lombard won't be able to stand stationary and swat at flies as he likes to do in the standup.

I don't think it would matter how many rounds it is Brown wouldn't be able to keep a high pace because he would get hurt repeatedly. I think Hector could also use his Judo to throw Brown fairly easily if he didn't like how often Brown is pressuring him.

I think Lombard is a bad style match up for Brown, he likes fighting pressure brawlers.

I wouldn't be so sure that Lombard has this in the bag. But I would favor him winning it.

If Lombard is consistently blitzing, then yes, no chance for Brown. Often he looks awesome in short spurts, then he just stands there and does very little. And it's in this lull that Brown could really push the pace and break him down... I don't think Brown is as naturally talented as Lombard, but he's got better fight IQ.

I'd love to see the fight though.

I would like to see Brown rally in the 4th and 5th round to put a stoppage finish on a completely gassed Lombard... but my gut says Hector would put him out in the first

This fight makes sense, and it would be a great one too.
Could be the #1 contender bout, if Lombard beats Brown he deserves a shot (already deserves a shot imo.) and if Brown beats Lombard nobody can deny it anymore.
I want to see this fight, ufc 175 make it happen Dana.

Back